SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Shows get recorded on SD AND HD channel

Hi,

I noticed yesterday that Sage recorded several shows twice; once the SD version and than the HD counterpart. I noticed the same thing today where CSI is scheduled both on an analog tuner and the digital tuner. Shouldn't both shows have the same ID and therefore only be recorded by either of the tuners?

I never noticed that kind of behavior before. I did not recall changing anything except adding a second analog tuner and limiting some shows (including CSI) to be recorded only on the HD channel as well as setting the encoder merit for the digital card to 2. Does anybody else see something like this in their recording schedule?

Thanks,
Thomas
Old 09-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

I'd bet that the show has a different ID on the HD channel than the SD channel. I've noticed this before myself. It's REALLY frustrating when one of my favorites shows on several channels, same episodes, but different ID's. Sometimes get multiple copies of the same show. Occasionally I'll even get ID's different on the same channel (say on SciFi), for a show that's on at 8, then again at 11, and it records them both. All depends on the data supplied by our EPG supplier.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Specify what channel you want to record in the Favorities Option menu.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
I'd bet that the show has a different ID on the HD channel than the SD channel. I've noticed this before myself. It's REALLY frustrating when one of my favorites shows on several channels, same episodes, but different ID's. Sometimes get multiple copies of the same show. Occasionally I'll even get ID's different on the same channel (say on SciFi), for a show that's on at 8, then again at 11, and it records them both. All depends on the data supplied by our EPG supplier.
I just checked the IDs for the two versions of today's CSI episode. Both, the SD and the HD one have the exact same ID (EP3803410153). But both are still scheduled for recording tonight.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyman1
Specify what channel you want to record in the Favorities Option menu.
As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I did. I wanted the HD recording but Sage only scheduled the SD one first. So I changed the favorite to allow only the HD channel. From that time on I had both shows in my recording schedule (SD and HD).