SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Sage User

Video problem Hauppauge USB2s

During the encoding of the MPG stream, something messes up the sync and both the audio and video get horribly scrambled. It is unviewable. It appears to have 3 horizontal images across the top of the video panel, 2 additional imaged below that, and then what appears to be 5 or 6 slices of vertical sync at the bottom. The Audio is seem to be picking up 30hz chatter from the vertical sync or maybe field rates... I have a jpg of the screen when it is messed up...

The internal 350 never has this problem. If possible could you tell me the specific driver versions you are running?

I have an internal 350, and (3) external USB2s. All on WinXP Pro fully updated and patched to SP2, Java 5.0 with its' patches and SageTV 5.0.4. Maybe I just need to wipe all the hauppauge drivers out using their clear program, and starting over with new load of the hauppauge drivers... i Dont know... but the thing has been getting worse over the last few months... with 1 in every 10 shows getting scrambled... not pretty much every show on the USB2s...

Thanks a million!
utsailn

WinTV PVR-350 with driver: 1.18.21.23257
USB2 PVRs with driver: 2.2.73.23111
Edit/Delete Message
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SaveTV Error.jpg (329.7 KB, 302 views)
Old 09-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is the problem related to your USB 2 port? I/O issues etc?
I have had sync/scrambling (frames drop?) issues while using multiple USB encoders (Hauppauge + 2 Plextor TV402U).
Old 09-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Sage User

shuttle fx41g

ive got it in a shuttle fx41g machine, with 2 USB2s front, and 2 USB2s on the back... and the boxes are spread throughout the USBs avail....

I thought that might have been it sevaral months ago and reloaded the usb2 drivers...

still no luck...
Old 09-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
Are those on 2 different USB Channels? It might be overloading the USB2 bus if all 4 are active?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Sage User

interesting...

Had not thought about overloading the OSB2 controller... i am sure it has a limit... Maybe the (3) USB2 hauppauge devices could be overloading it. Something to consider. And easy to rectify, if I just make sure that the USB devices are split 2 on one set of ports, and 1 on the other... I will check the configuration, b/c I also have a USB hub in there...

I will take it off and make sure that the USB2s are plugged in to the usb ports without anything else in the loop.

Thanks! I will get back to you...
utsailn.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Sage User

Problem solved...

That was it... the USB2 controller must have been overloaded. Once I moved them to balance the loads on the controller... problem solved...

Thanks for the tips and suggestions!
utsailn.
Clients: (2) SageTVClients in Home Office and on Home Laptop, (1) Placeshifter on Dell Work Laptop.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
I've run into this before trying to run 3 webcams off a single controller. It isn't pretty