SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Sage Expert

1st Run Icon

I don't like everything being round. Meinmaui has some fantastic icons but I am not crazy about the 1st run icon which is just a little round circle. It conflicts with some other #1's like tuners. I want to change the 1st run icon to either actually say "1st run". Since my Wife's favorite color is purple that would be good too though not necessary. Does anyone have such an animal?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
The one I have from meinmaui is a green one with a big "1" in it, maybe different than what you have. Purple has ben used for HDTV, maybe you don't have that so you haven't seen it used. The HDTV one is purple with HD over TV on it. There is always the stock one that I believe is square, if you don't like circle, and it has a one in it as well I believe.
I'd like something that actually say's 1st Run. Not sure I'll find it.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-25-2006, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I don't like everything being round. Meinmaui has some fantastic icons but I am not crazy about the 1st run icon which is just a little round circle. It conflicts with some other #1's like tuners. I want to change the 1st run icon to either actually say "1st run". Since my Wife's favorite color is purple that would be good too though not necessary. Does anyone have such an animal?
Now be nice.

It doesn't sound like you are using my show icons, or at least not all of them. If you ever change the theme or (up until the last version) do a full install of flachbar's SageMC updates, some of the show icons will be overwritten with the originals. This happens to include the first run icon.

Regardless, I'll try to whip something up for you tonight. Do you use the large (60x60) or small (30x30) icons?

Mike
Old 09-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Now be nice.

It doesn't sound like you are using my show icons, or at least not all of them. If you ever change the theme or (up until the last version) do a full install of flachbar's SageMC updates, some of the show icons will be overwritten with the originals. This happens to include the first run icon.

Regardless, I'll try to whip something up for you tonight. Do you use the large (60x60) or small (30x30) icons?

Mike
EW KEWL! 60X60.
-- Snoopy
Old 09-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Regardless, I'll try to whip something up for you tonight...
Sure... Keep doing seperate icons for everyone... How can I set all these up in an installer...? Heck, all the different colors are maxing out my [TASKS] sub-screens as it is!

-Jason
Old 09-25-2006, 07:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Sure... Keep doing seperate icons for everyone... How can I set all these up in an installer...? Heck, all the different colors are maxing out my [TASKS] sub-screens as it is!

-Jason
Oops, sorry.

If it would make things easier, I can remove some graphics to help streamline the installer. Too many choices just make things too confusing anyway. (Proof of this is when I spend 10 minutes staring blankly at the menu in a resturaunt. Talk about the Uncertainty Principle at work!)

Mike
Old 09-26-2006, 01:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Snoopy,

Here is the first run icon. I made it in opacities of 0.5, 0.75, and 1.0. Just save the image you want as firstrun.png and copy it into your ShowIcons folder. Restart SageTV and you should be good to go.

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: png firstrun_0.5.png (6.7 KB, 265 views)
File Type: png firstrun_0.75.png (6.5 KB, 258 views)
File Type: png firstrun_1.0.png (5.4 KB, 267 views)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-26-2006 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:07 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Snoopy,

Here is the first run icon. I made it in opacities of 0.5, 0.75, and 1.0. Just save the image you want as firstrun.png and copy it into your ShowIcons folder. Restart SageTV and you should be good to go.

Mike
You're outstanding!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Those are pretty nice, Mike.

I have always liked the new rectangular recording indicator, and thought square icons would be cool too...
Old 09-27-2006, 03:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Snoopy,

See if these work better for you. They just say '1st' so that it should be more readable than before. There are again 3 opacities. The instructions are the same as before: rename the one you want to firstrun.png and copy into you ShowIcons folder. I also made one that is just the '1st' text with a purple glow. I don't like that style myself, but since you mentioned it I threw one in. Hopefully one of these will work for you. Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: png firstrun_0.5.png (5.8 KB, 216 views)
File Type: png firstrun_0.75.png (5.6 KB, 196 views)
File Type: png firstrun_1.0.png (4.5 KB, 230 views)
File Type: png firstrun_textonly.png (7.0 KB, 254 views)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-27-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Those are pretty nice, Mike.

I have always liked the new rectangular recording indicator, and thought square icons would be cool too...
Maybe down the line I might revisit the show icons and make a square set. But no promises.

Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-27-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Sage Icon

LOL. That would be cool. I'm currently using the "1st Run" square icon, but I think I'll switch to the "1st" one, because I noticed the same thing last night, that out on the HDTV, it's rather hard to read at about 8 feet (on a 37" TV).

I don't know how easy this would be to do (would require STV mods for it to work), but you know the Webserver? How when it shows the icons on the individual lines for your shows, how it's a 4 square matrix of icons? Like first run, record series are on the top, and HDTV, and manual recording are on the bottom (just guessing here). It would be cool to have icons in the STV behave that way, but maybe not. It may make them hard to read. I just thought of that after looking at the rectangular now recording, icon...

BTW, you reference "genre icons" in the post above your last one, and your last one, and I think you meant that "you should place the firstrun.png in the showicons folder" and in the last one, "revisit the show icons, and make a square set..."

You've made so many modifications, you're confusing yourself!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You've made so many modifications, you're confusing yourself!
I'm so confused!

Thanks for the heads up.

Mike
Old 09-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm so confused!
Thats because you just switched to the Dark Side yesterday!

I like the 3rd 1st icon that you posted 2nd, and I also like the 3rd 1st icon you posted 1st, but in the end I might just end up using the 4th icon the 1st time you posted it, which is in the 2nd post of icons.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I like the 3rd 1st icon that you posted 2nd, and I also like the 3rd 1st icon you posted 1st, but in the end I might just end up using the 4th icon the 1st time you posted it, which is in the 2nd post of icons.
Ditto, umm...I think.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Thats because you just switched to the Dark Side yesterday!

1st let me say that I 2nd most of your opinion. However, I recommend you reconsider your 3rd point. I don't mean to 2nd guess you, but my 1st impression is that the 2nd and 3rd icons in my 2nd post rank 1st. That is all I have to say on the matter. I must now go 4th and continue the conversion of all sage users to the dark side (or at least SageMC). Mwahahaha!

Mike

Edit: You guys are gonna make me generate a whole new set of icons, aren't you?

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-27-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Sage Icon

You guessed right, my friend...
Old 09-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

We shall call him, "Glassy Show Icons, Squared."
Old 09-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
Quote:
We shall call him, "Glassy Show Icons, Squared."

Not "Squared Show Glassy Icons?"
Old 09-27-2006, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrowe
Not "Squared Show Glassy Icons?"
Umm.....No.