SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Sage User

HELP - Time Warner Changed Lineup Yesterday

I live in Arlington, TX. My local cable company is now Time Warner. It was Comcast. The EPG source (Zap2It) has already updated the channel lineup and provider names to reflect Time Warner. This has been right as of a few weeks. The lineup changed yesterday, September 18, 2006.

All my guide data is wrong, channels wrong, nothing is recording correctly.

I have emailed support@sagetv.com, info@sagetv.com and attempted to contact the Zap2It folks to update their channel lineups for the Dallas-Arlington area Time Warner customers.\

Any other ideas? Or is it to just wait? I am missing the new fall season of prime time shows...
Old 09-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I too have the same problem... I'm in Flower Mound, zip code 75028. I have even checked other zip codes and it seems that a lot of the North Texas Time Warner lineup changes have not been made on the Zap2it site. What I find weird is where is Zap2it getting all the programming data from??? Comcast or Time Warner??? I highly doubt it is Time Warner...

This is really wreaking havoc on the recording schedule, as of yesterday, nothing is recording correctly.

I sent a support email to Sage and George replied asking for more info, which I replied, But then emailed again this morning with more detailed specifics and am awaiting an answer.

I will post back here with any updates I get.
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?

Last edited by reboot_this; 09-19-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the update. I am continuing to send web feedback and emails to Zap2It as well as SageTV Support and Info.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Sage User

Same problem here, Grand Prarie TX line up real close, few channels wrong, but can get most programs until proper update happens.
This also happened some monrhs back when Comcast changed line ups. Zap2 updated a couple of days late.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

FYI, feedback I posted on the Zap2it site

Type of feedback: Bug Report (e.g. link does not work)

How important is the issue?: 3-Fix it now!

Relevant URL: http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlist...?zipcode=75028

The issue or the problem: Time Warner bought out Comcast a while back and announced a channel lineup change to occur on September 18th, 2006. My cable box has already been updated with the new channel lineup, but my pvr gets its lineup from the Zap2it site which continues to show the old channel lineup. For example, in the lower channels ch 6, 15, 50, 56, 63, 69, 73-76, and 96-99 have not changed to Time Warner's new lineup... they are still reflecting the old channel lineup. When looking at channels 100-955, there are way too many changes to list here, it seems as though Time Warner completely rearranged most of that channel range.

Ideas for fixing the problem: Update the Zap2it site with the proper channel lineup. Need some more info? Go to this url: http://www.timewarnercable.com/dalla...orthtexas.html That url actually covers different areas of North Texas, I have even looked up some of the surrounding areas in North Texas by zip code on the Zap2it site and found my area code (75028) channel lineup is not the only Time Warner channel lineup that has not been updated to the newest Time Warner Cable channel lineup.

***************************end of feedback****************

I will provide updates as they come, if they do. No good info from Sage yet. I had to send a more detailed email meassage to the Sage guys explaining the situation because my first couple of emails were too vague I guess.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

No exciting updates for now, but I did receive an email from George (from Sage) stating that he would send the detailed info I sent him, in regards to the "broken" epg data for Time Warner, over to the Zap2it people.

One of the links I included in my Zap2it feedback as well as the support email to Sage indicated that it covered North Texas, so hopefully Zap2it will make changes for all of us.

BTW, no word from the Zap2it people so far.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

This might be exciting news!!! maybe...

Hi Prushing and Dbez55 and other Time Warner Cable peeps,

I think I might have figured our problem out!

This may be a long shot but I was on time warner's site checking out the lineups in my city (flower mound), prushing's city (arlington), and dbez55's city (grand prairie) from this site:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/dalla...g/lineups.html

When I click on flower mound, arlington, and grand prairie, I keep getting the same channel lineup for each town (actually the links keep going to the same web page) Is this the site you two have been on as well to get to your channel lineups? When I pull up this site, it shows my city and zip just to the left of "[change my location]" near the top right of the page. When ya open the same page, it most likely will reflect your city and state...

Now pull up your channel lineup on the time warner site by clicking on your own city's name, now open another browser window and navigate to the zap2it site and pull up your current lineup... what you'll most likely see is the old comcast lineup because no changes have been made yet...

Now keep your time warner channel lineup page open from the above instructions...
but on the zap2it site look for the link labeled "change" next to the zip code near the top left (hint, look just under the zap2it navbar at the top of the page). Click this link, and on the next page you'll most likely see other time warner listings from different cities.

I have been using the same city I was using before the channel lineup change... but today I was messing around and tried to compare the time warner cable's own channel listing on their site to the zap2it digital channel listing from a different city instead of the same one I've always used...

VOILA!!!! It seems all of the new time warner cable channel listings are now under the other city channel list instead of the one I was previously used to check looking for the lineup changes!!!!!!!

Does any of this make sense and if so does changing "city" locations on zap2it give you the proper channel lineup?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

reboot-this,

I feel for ya man. Down here in College Station, SuddenLink bought out COX and changed the line up on us. This was sometime ago. I lost all channels in SageTV. I had listings for COX, SuddenLink and both with Rebuild and non-Rebuild. I finaly figured it out, but it was a long night.

-Polen
Old 09-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Sage User

Ditto, here in Arlington as well. Reboot this, I don't follow exactly what you're saying. Did you get Sage to grab the right data, or did you just find the lineup on the Zap2it site?

Thanks to all of you for the research and info.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

My setup is now using the NEW Time Warner ch. lineup which became effective 09/18/06!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan27
Ditto, here in Arlington as well. Reboot this, I don't follow exactly what you're saying. Did you get Sage to grab the right data, or did you just find the lineup on the Zap2it site?

Thanks to all of you for the research and info.
Cbryan27, at the time I was writing the post #7 above, I was only seeing the correct lineup on the zap2it site.

But now I do have Sagetv pulling the correct epg data from zap2it (finally)!

I wanted to provide some steps for those who didn't know that you don't have to "remove" and then "re-add" the tuners again to accomplish the feat of changing to a new epg lineup. If you don't feel you understand my steps in this post, it is okay to remove then re-add the tuners... I didn't want to because of the extra steps (I have 5 tuners with 2 different epg lineups) and because some of my channels remained the same and sage didn't have to redownload the epg data for those channels after changing to the new epg lineup...

Here's how:

PLEASE LOOK ON THE ZAP2IT SITE FOR THE PROPER EPG LINEUP LABEL FIRST TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT HAS CHANGED (SEE POST #7 ABOVE)!!! [for me the only thing that changed was the city]

PLEASE READ ALL STEPS BELOW BEFORE ACTUALLY PERFORMING THEM!!!!

IMPORTANT: these steps will seem familiar in the original stv, not sure about others... e.g. the sagemc stv (you can always switch to the original stv to do the steps below and then switch back to you favorite stv)

1. Go to the "setup wizard" in sagetv or if your using a different stv go to the menu where you have all your tuners listed...

2. Click on a tuner, you should have about 4 menu items on the left side and some detailed info on the right side... in the detailed info on the right "EPG Lineup" is a clickable item, so click it

3. I will assume your zip code has not changed, so click to reuse the zip code for that tuner when/if it asks.

4. Scroll down and look for the new epg listing you found from following tips in post #7 above, and click it.

5. Edit the channels you want/don't want, and click "done with channel setup"

IMPORTANT: give sage time to digest the new epg info after changing all your tuners to the new epg selection. (I will have to admit I did stop and restart the service because some old channels were not dissappearing)

What I found was really cool is that my current manual recordings stayed intact, except sage automatically changed all the channels on those manual recordings and my favorites, how cool is that (I guess I never knew that sage goes off the channel's "call sign" e.g KTVT, KXAS, etc and not the actual number) All the sage experts around here probably already knew that, but I thought it was cool to watch sage make all the changes on its own!

BTW, just before I sat down to write this post I found that I had gotten some feedback from George at SageTV stating that I needed to simply change to the epg sage uses from the "old city" to the "new city" (which is the only thing that changed for my particular area) THANKS GEORGE from SageTV for looking into this!!!!

So with my fiddling around with sagetv and George's feedback, this is a confirmed issue when trying to get sagetv to use the new Time Warner Cable channel lineup!

Sorry for the long post

Last edited by reboot_this; 09-22-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:52 PM

Quick check for correct EPG load

The only listing in DFW area that was available to load through Sage was Time Warner - Bedford. So I took it but wondered how much it might differ from our actual service. So I compared my Sage channel line up against the one from the Time Warner site.

Everything below 99 is fine, but several differences appear in the upper channels. The quick check to confirm correctness is look to see if you have channel 104 - TV Land in your Sage channel listing. It is missing in the Bedford listing so I don't have a totally correct channel lineup yet. Folks in other locales will likely have other differences. Just be careful and check the channels your care about.

Good news (maybe) is that Zap2It now has the correct listing for my zip. So the question is why does Sage not find it and provide that as a choice to load?

Thanks reboot_this for pointers to the Time Warner and Zap2It channel listings.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtoad
Thanks reboot_this for pointers to the Time Warner and Zap2It channel listings.
Glad I could help.

I was actually wondering about some channels that were missing myself. I figure that no cable/satellite provider is perfect though.

When a completely new channel lineup change is made, unfortunately sagetv does not have the ability to "offer" the new channel lineup, making that kind of transition is the responsibility of the user.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Last edited by reboot_this; 09-22-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:21 AM
Sage Icon

Time Warner actually traded territories with comcast, kinda odd deal. But in the trade, Time Warner also acquired the Adelphia area, which is where I'm at. No changes yet in my EPG, but I'll have to check it often so I can catch it when it does. Its very unfortunate timing for EPG data to get screwed just when the new season is starting.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.