SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Sage User

Fuzzy line at top of screen with hauppauge pvr 350.

Whenever I record or watch the cartoon network I get a fuzzy line at the top of the screen. I recently formatted and thats when I started having the problem. I remember on an old build with completely different hardware except the pvr I had the same problem and found some fix for it, but I can't remember what it was. Anyone else have this problem?

specs:
athlon 64 3000+
msi nforce4 mobo
512mb pc2700
radeon 9600
hauppauge pvr 350
Old 12-04-2006, 09:33 PM

Same Problem

I have the same issue.
I thought it was "just the way it is".
If you find the fix again please let me know..

Thanks
Old 12-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Administrator

That's probably the CC data in the signal. Go to Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Aspect Ratio Settings & adjust the offset & stretch to place it out of view above the screen. (Set the video as the backround for your menus so you can see the results as you edit the settings.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Sage Icon

Opus, is there a solution if you are viewing 16:9 on a 3:4 set? You can't stretch it or you'll distort the AR. It would be nice if there were blanking settings in the AR setup as well as position and size.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
Opus, is there a solution if you are viewing 16:9 on a 3:4 set?
Other than black masking tape, I can't think of anything. But, then even that will cause problems with portions of the video when you go back to a full screen 3:4 video.

Maybe someone else has an idea, or maybe I'm forgetting something... for long term storage, I think someone was recoding the files to shave of unwanted portions of the image, but that sounds like overkill if you only plan to watch something one time.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
Opus, is there a solution if you are viewing 16:9 on a 3:4 set? You can't stretch it or you'll distort the AR. It would be nice if there were blanking settings in the AR setup as well as position and size.
I don't recall anyway to do it during playback. Ideally you would crop the edges during capture, but I don't believe it's possbile. At least not with the most common hardware capture cards.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:50 PM
SageTVaholic

How about this studio change?

Create 4 graphics one placed at the top for the full width of the display and another at the bottom the other two are on each side. Then you allow the user to adjust the width of the side graphics or the height of the top and bottom graphics to cover up the display. You could also allow the color to be adjusted but the transparency would have to be fully opaque.

Or would the video still show through the graphic rectangles even at a fully opaque setting?

BobP.