SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Talking Comcast and On DEMAND

Nobody has any input to this at all ??:

Did not see this posted anywhere else so I am starting a new Thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Are there any plans for capturing On-Demand data for EPG. It would be nice if you could select and schedule an on demand movie or event from the sage Channel Guide as you do normal channels.
I see now that Comcast has an on demand schedule on there WEB Site. Also looks like Zap2It is going to add this to there listing also. But I may be mistaken about that.

It's a real pain when you want to watch something on On-Demand as you really can't surf the Comcast on-Demand guide from SageTV you must use the Comcast remote but you end up selecting multiple instances of the show this way when you have more than one Cable Box.

Thanks

Last edited by Lostinpvr; 09-15-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostinpvr
Nobody has any input to this at all ??:
I have some input!

Being able to watch OnDemand thru sage probably won't be possible...

There are no "built-in" commands in sage for controlling the "on-screen" ondemand menus... there has to be a way to "pass" the cable box remote commands thru sage and the usb-uirt (what I'm using to control my boxes) for it to be a transparent action to the user, and to prevent accidentally controlling multiple boxes at once as you stated.

Girder might be able to be used, but I threw the towel in trying to use girder way back when. Another way is to be able to build these custom cable box commands into sagetv using studio, but I haven't even seen studio yet (I'm still using v2.2.2 beta... no time to really upgrade---just got married and have become slave to that part of my life)

It IS possible but certain "elements" are missing in order to take advantage of ondemand seemlessly.

As far as the epg data... I doubt this will ever happen because you can choose from several differnent things to watch on each ondemand channel AFAIK, and would take listing that channel several times to see different listings of those available shows/movies.

BTW, my wife would love to be able utilize the ondemand stuff, so every once in a while the "tweaker" comes out in me and I try to get it to work somehow.... but at this point, "no dice" here
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?