SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Sage User

Question Help, second card isn't seen by Sage?

Hello all,
I have sagetv 5 on winxp. It was working great with one wintv-pvr-150 (haupp) card. I asked by email if I could add a second one so I could watch a show and record another one. I was told to get either the 1042 or 274 and add it and it would be fine. I got the 274 (pvr-150 without remote). I put it in, turned the machine on, and it has no conflicts at all. In device manager it shows both cards as being "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)". It lists them both the same, one first, then the second. The drivers must be the exact same ones because it has no errors and didn't ask for any more drivers. But, when I am in sage, it only shows the original card in setup? The remote still works so I know it is the original card that is showing. My question is how do I get sage to see the second tuner card? I hope I didn't waste my money buying the second card?
Old 09-11-2006, 07:48 PM
SageTVaholic

If you use the SageTV service, and your system autodetected the card and installed the drivers for it after you last booted, then sage may not know the card is there because it wasn't available when sage initialized. If you haven't done so yet, try rebooting the computer and see if the second card shows up in the sage tuner setup wizard then. This happened to me when I added my 4th tuner a while back (I added a pvr150 to an existing pvr150 and a pvr500). Hope this helps.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up FIXED!! Great Help!

Thank you so much MeinMaui! I had the sagetv set to load in the system tray on startup. You were right. When it booted up the sagetv started before the drivers installed on the second card, so the sagetv setup couldn't see the second card. I shut the machine down, then rebooted it and then sagetv had both cards listed in the setup wizard. It now works like a champ! Awesome, now this is why I love the forum. When I got the first card and sage, I didn't know how to install it. I got quick replys from the sage email support, and once it was working, I got more help on here. I am a very happy sagetv user. Now, the next phase will be to get the placeshifter to work. I bought it with the sagetv. I'll read some more before I try to install it on another "client" computer.