SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-13-2003, 01:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

no picture on resume from standby

Here is my problem:

If i put my computer into standby mode (all powered off except for Ram) when i resume and view Sage (which is either running minimized or maximized when the computer is put into standby) i get sound but no picture. This happens with pre-recorded or "live" content, as well as DVDs and is independant of which codec i try (well the few i have tried so far anyway).

There are two ways i can get a picture up:
1) going to detailed set up and then exiting (no need to change anything)
2) launching Sage in a windowed form.

While these work for now, it does remove some of the neatness of my setup (i use Sage on dedicated system with just a remote, so i want to do as little as possible between resuming and viewing Sage) and there is obviously a problem there that hopefully can be easily fixed, so i though i would bring it up.

My computer runs on a Epia 10000 Nem system using the inbuilt graphics with 256Mb ram.

Thanks for any help,

Matt
Old 10-13-2003, 06:46 AM
Sage Icon

I have the same problem when using s3 (suspend to ram). To fix it, I had to close and reopen sage. Last night I switched back to s1 suspend. It works but I am not getting the full benefit of standby mode.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

You might try setting your video card so power management doesn't power it off. I had to go through some of my devices (network card, video etc.) to change the default power management settings to get it to "play nice" I have the power button on my remote put the pC to sleep and the only issue I have is there is no way to get the remote to wake it up. I have to physically press the power button. (Or the keyboard or mouse -but I have them stuck away from the PC.) I noticed when my PC sleeps the IR receiver ceases to function. (I press a remote button and the red LED on the IR receiver does not blink.) Hope this helps.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Have you tired simply putting SageTV inot a window rather than shutting it. This solves it for me, but is not ideal and can cause the odd problem. I too am using S3 suspend. I have no need for S1 suspend as it doesn't switch off the fans and therefore has no advantage over leaving it on (other than power requirement of course ) Standby for me is a way of "switching off" my machine while still having 10 second access to it when i want it
Old 10-13-2003, 07:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Should have thought of that as i have already set it for the USB ports to not switch off (device manager).Still can't wake from the remote though as if i enable this option in the USB-UIRT plugin via Girder i can't even enter sleep mode :O

Thanks for the help,

Matt
Old 10-13-2003, 07:39 AM
Sage Icon

The point of suspend to ram is that everything is powered off except the ram. To my knowledge you cannot leave power to the video card in s3 mode. That option in your bios is only for s1 mode. I could be wrong but I am 99.9 sure I am right.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Question then. If everything is powered off how does a keyboard press or mouse movement wake it up? Are these handled differently?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

They are handled the same was as when your system is powered off and you turn it on via hot key. There is always power to the ps2 control logic if there is power applied.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hmmm, but there are actually options in windows, via the device manager, that state that this resource may or may not be powered down for power saving, so this might make a difference. I definately still get power to my usb as my receiver light flickers when a remote button is pressed, it just doesn't do anything. I will try when i get home and see what happens.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:08 AM
SageTVaholic

And that's fine for PS2 ports-I'm referring to USB keyboard and mice. I know there are some PC's and motherboards that come with just USB ports-no PS2 ports.

MSM-if you still get a receiver light on your IR receiver try mapping a keyboard key to your remote. Maybe this will simulate a keyboard stroke and wake up your PC. That's what I was planning to do until I found out my receiver doesn't stay powered on.

Gerry
Old 10-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

FWIW, I have this problem too when I hibernate my SageTV client and then turn it back on. I've found that switching between full screen and windowed view on SageTV Client will resolve the blank video window problem. Sometimes I have to toggle more than once.

-Dan
Old 10-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Sage Icon

FYI, not all motherboards allow you to power on a pc from usb keyboards/mice. USB power management is still iffy on most systems with s3 power management.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, i've tried a number of options and they don't seem to work. Looks like i will be assingin a "full screen" key to my remote to toggle a couple of times when coming out of standby. Not the end of the world but a little annoying

Cheers,

Matt