SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Sage User

Recordings/Live TV play fine on server but not on MVP

Hope am not duplicating any previous posts but have searched forum and cannot find a definitive answer to this.

Recordings made by WinTV2000 when imported to SAGETV play perfectly by the MVP and STV server PC.

Recordings made by STV play perfectly on server but no sound and vision on MVP- blank screen.

On inspection of files- WinTV2000 audio is MPEG2 audio, STV audio is AC3?

I have AC3 filter installed but have set it up to pass through MPEG2 audio.

Blank screen when playing STV recordings and Live TV. Network is going like the clappers- seems to be streaming the video to MVP but no picture and no sound.

Have changed file extension from MPG file to VOB and added line in properties files- server and client to transcode AC3 and pass through video. This works when played as imported video- video and sound now play on MVP but video playback is very jerky- seems can't trancode AC3 fast enough?

I have used all decoders in my sig. without success. Have used All DVD and MPEG2 quality settings without success? Although not the MPEG PS settings don't know what PS means actually?

DIVX files play with sound and vision on MVP but quality is very blocky when lots of fast action.

How can I get sound and vision on my MVP to play perfectly as it does on STV server and DIVX files without blocky playback?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Sage User

No one?

OK how about this question.

All recordings done with wintv2000 play perfectly on the MVP with original software and on the MVP SageTV setup.

What is the recording quality setting in SageTV that results in the same mpg file produced by wintv2000.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:59 AM
Sage User

OK I'll just carry on this thread myself..
I have been spending some time (a lot actually) reading this forum and believe this is peculiar to MPG produced by digital tuners only.
A dvb-t tuner card produes 16x9 MPG files which the SageMVP software cannot display- even with the aspect ratio on the MVP set to 16x9 using the native software?
I still get a blank screen and no sound with sageTV recordings streamed to the MVP.
However, I am able to play the recordings made by sageTV perfectly using the MVP software supplied with the MVP?
I then used the latest MVP.BIN and this works upto a point. I see live TV and can play recordings albeit without sound and very interupted looking video?

So can anyone tell me if they have managed to get live TV and play recordings, all with sound mind you, from a HVR-1300 dvb-t card?

So this is my setup at the moment- I use SAGETV with client stopped to make recordings and use the basic MVP software to stream these recordings to my TV. Not what I had hoped for!

Very disgruntled and dissapointed with this whole SAGE thing. It is not a use out of the box system yet. One certainly needs more detailed documentation from SAGE on using digital tuners with this product at least.

Thanks for reading.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilt down man
OK I'll just carry on this thread myself..
I have been spending some time (a lot actually) reading this forum and believe this is peculiar to MPG produced by digital tuners only.
A dvb-t tuner card produes 16x9 MPG files which the SageMVP software cannot display- even with the aspect ratio on the MVP set to 16x9 using the native software?
I still get a blank screen and no sound with sageTV recordings streamed to the MVP.
However, I am able to play the recordings made by sageTV perfectly using the MVP software supplied with the MVP?
I then used the latest MVP.BIN and this works upto a point. I see live TV and can play recordings albeit without sound and very interupted looking video?

So can anyone tell me if they have managed to get live TV and play recordings, all with sound mind you, from a HVR-1300 dvb-t card?

So this is my setup at the moment- I use SAGETV with client stopped to make recordings and use the basic MVP software to stream these recordings to my TV. Not what I had hoped for!

Very disgruntled and dissapointed with this whole SAGE thing. It is not a use out of the box system yet. One certainly needs more detailed documentation from SAGE on using digital tuners with this product at least.

Thanks for reading.
I am using SageTV 5.xx latest qian (I think I have remembered that correctly) version. Have a search on here for qian version - seems to work much better for DVB-T than the default SageTV.
However, I still had problems using this with the MVP though - great picture but no sound.
By switching to use SBDARecorder I was able to get everything working together nicely. Perhaps you could try that?
Old 09-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Sage User

I have almost a similar issue...

I have the Wireless MediaMVP and it can see the SageTV server, browse the menus, see program guides with more.
But I cannot see live TV and I cannot watch recordings either...
The videos starts playing, I get sound and the time tab is showed but no video is showing, it's just black..???

Last edited by eclipse4ever; 09-22-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, It's my turn... Had Sage nd an MVP ver 2.05 working as a test system for about a week. moved to the bedroom and it worked for two nights, bam! no system changes and only a black screen for live tv. All recodings made by the server work fine as do all other formats of stored video as well. I have rebooted the server, sage service, MVP ect... I have trid many codecs and combo's of codecs. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... can you say 5.1 beta?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage User

Sorry if i'm ressurecting an old thread though by the sound of it you all seem to be having network and authetication issues with your setup..

cause once you change your connection your ip should

using dlink as example:

10.1.1.1 router
so your ip addy's will actually be 10.1.1.2-5
port 1 being .2 on the network which should have that htpc inputed as...
if you have from port 2 to port 4 then your last digit .5 not .3 so on and so forth..

since you have changed the location of the stu or wat ever your using to watch things on the network you will have to change the assigned ip address as it's now different to what it was..
the more hubs you have in use the more variation on the ip addy will happen

you may have update the support for the encryption on the end unit to fix issues for signal loss ...

not sure on what's causing the audio loss, if you had a signal spike you most likely lost the audio through recording, i notice this happens to me alot on sd/hd and pay tv broardcast's, i've yet to see a fix for audio drops due to signal loss in digital and cable/sat tv...

audio loss through a network can happen when 1 component can't read another's encryption standard...

if you're using dlink products thoughout your network i might suggest change to linksys gear, i've had nothing but headaches with network stability with dlink's products, i'm not saying this is what's causing your problems though if you have dlink equipment i'd strongly suggest you replace it with something better as if you're relying for your network connection then its quite possible that the network hardware is in itself unreliable...
I wouldn't run iptv across the same network that you have net network with as that's just asking for trouble..

Last edited by sniper's_scope; 10-09-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper's_scope
cause once you change your connection your ip should

using dlink as example:

10.1.1.1 router
so your ip addy's will actually be 10.1.1.2-5
port 1 being .2 on the network which should have that htpc inputed as...
if you have from port 2 to port 4 then your last digit .5 not .3 so on and so forth..

since you have changed the location of the stu or wat ever your using to watch things on the network you will have to change the assigned ip address as it's now different to what it was..
the more hubs you have in use the more variation on the ip addy will happen
What are you talking about

IP addresses aren't locked to specific ports on a router. Yes, some managed switches may allow that, but normally there is nothing like that required.

Expecially when you can plug in a device and get an assigned IP address via the router's DHCP server, and then swap out to a second device on the same port and get an entirely different IP address.

With normally working networking gear, you should be able to assign any device any valid IP address in your subnet via DHCP or staticaly, and still have it work.

Last edited by ke6guj; 10-10-2006 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Sage User

i had issues with a machine of mine it lost it's ip addy it defaulted to the next ip in range so it's possible that the ip setting has in the machine changed from what it was originally, i had a program up on a perticular ip addy because the ip had changed the ip setting was no longer valid on that pc in that program..

by the sounds of it, it sound's of it the ip addy has changed for the server or the device that connects to the server...thus the reason why i gave the dlink example in the 1st place...

i've found with my network if i reboot 1 pc that internal ip my router issues to that machine changes and i'm guessing this is also what happened with this stu the person is using the original ip he/she set it up on has changed and is now nonexistant to that machine..
Old 10-11-2006, 05:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilt down man
Very disgruntled and dissapointed with this whole SAGE thing.
Did you try v6? Did it fix your problems?

And when you have problems like this and the forums don't help, always best to raise an official support request.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Sage User

Yes Rick it did fix all the problems.

I stepped back for a while awaiting the new version. There are a lot of very clever people on this forum not to mention the Sage TV production team. I felt I must at least wait for this new version before packing up and trying something else.

I installed the new version and as if by magic, it all came to life- it now does exactly what it says on the tin!

Very impressed indeed - there are a few minor issues but hey... I can now dump my Sky+ box with my new confidence in Sage TV.

Thanks guys.