SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Sage User

Service partially hangs

I am having a problem whereby my SageTV service (5.0.4 running with jre 1.4.2_12) will stop responding to Media Extenders and placeshifter clients, but will keep responding to clients. The last time I had this problem I checked and ran a netstat -a to see if the service was still listening on all the ports and found that it was listening on 7818 and 42024 but not on 31099. This makes me think that whatever thread in the service that is supposed to respond to Media Extenders/Placeshifter clients (which use 31099) was hung. Restarting the service temporarily fixes the problem but only for a while until it recurs within 1-2 days.

I have enabled debug logging to try to track it down but I'm wondering if anyone else out there has seen this.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Sage User

Don't know if this is related or not, but I also have a problem whereby the SageTV Service does not start/stop clearnly. Every time I try to start/stop it I get the message:

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

However, it does actually appear to start/stop despite the message. Windows however can't tell this for some reason.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Sage User

It happened again

The problem occurred again. This time I had debug logging turned on. Attached is my log. Note that the problem occurred sometime between 00:35 and 00:45 am today (Tuesday 9/5/06).

Note that I am getting tons of the following error all the time:

MiniUI client error:java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

Also, between 00:35 and 00:45 this morning I got the following:

Tue 9/5 0:37:59.567 Final Render had an eror:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

as well as...

Tue 9/5 0:39:41.187 Exception in the MiniUIClientReceiver of: java.io.EOFException

Ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_2.zip (458.7 KB, 209 views)