SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Sage User

Cable TV Lineups

Just downloaded the trial and I have to say this is exactly what I need to replace my dead TIVO. I know you are just rolling out the EPG but no matter what zip code I put in (from NY to CA) I never see a option
for cable lineups. My current location in WV only has one channel for over the air and dish and directtv listed. Are you going to support cable lineups? Thanks for the great program.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:49 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

Currently we only support the markets listed on our service page at http://www.sage.tv/service.html. We have plans to support the rest of the US later on this year. The markets listed are covered for every service option available, i.e. Cable, Satellite, Broadcast.

Try putting in Zip Code, 60614, a Chicago Zip Code. You should see Comcast, RCN, DirecTV, Dish, etc. listed. Your only option right now for WV is to select another market nearby who carries the same cable provider and then "re-map" the channels to your specific lineup. Those settings will be saved going forward and used for programming guide updates. You could also choose DirecTV or Dish and re-map those channels if you would like.

Let me know if you have any other questions, as this can be a confusing situation because we aren't yet supporting the entire US.

Dan
Old 03-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Sage User

I understand that my area wasn't support at this time. I just tried zips from places I lived at around the US and none showed cable line ups so I was wondering if they were supported. I will try that zip to see how it is listed. Thanks for the fast response.

Last edited by mandrake; 03-26-2003 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

One other suggestion when trying "nearby" ZipCodes - choose one in the same TimeZone :-)
Old 03-26-2003, 06:04 PM
Sage User

That is what I am doing now. I then am remapping as many of the channels as I can . Not a perfect solution since the lineup is a little different in each area but a work around till my area is supported.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:23 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

Sounds good, let us know if you have any questions. Make sure you sign up for our mailing list so we can keep you updated when we support your area.

Dan