SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage User

3 Lineups, 2 Tuners -- can it be done?

I am attempting to use three different lineups with only two tuners, yet have all the channels laid out in one EPG. I am utilizing both the S-video and the firewire port of the Moto 6200 and a Hauppauge 500. I am trying to set up certain channels to only record on certain tuners. For instance, record the PBS-HD channel but only through the Motorola firewire connection, not the s-video connection (since S-video will down convert the signal). The problem is that the lineup for the two Moto outputs is the same. I would like to be able to turn HD channels off on the Moto S-video lineup and turn digital channels off on the firewire output (since 5C won't allow recording). When I try to turn off channels on the firewire lineup, it also turns them off on the s-video lineup. Does this make sense? Any ideas? See below

TUNER LIST
2-78 ~ Hauppauge MCE 500 #2
2-78 + 782-788(HDTV-CLEAR) ~ Motorola DCT-6200 (over firewire)
2-781 ~ Motorola DCT-6200 (same box as above but output through S-Video to Hauppauge MCE 500 #1)

MERIT
2-78 (Analog)
Merit#1- Hauppauge MCE 500 #2
Merit#2 - Motorola DCT-6200 (over firewire)
Merit#3 - Motorola DCT-6200 (through S-Video of Hauppauge MCE 500 #1)

100-781 (Digital)
Merit#1 - Motorola DCT-6200 (through S-Video of Hauppauge MCE 500 #1)

782-788 (HDTV in the clear)
Merit#1 - Motorola DCT-6200 (over firewire)
Old 08-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Administrator

The lineups won't matter in this case, because SageTV won't be able to know that the the firewire and svideo connections ultimately lead to the same external STB & it could try to use them both at the same time.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Sage User

OK...I follow you, but what if you were attempting this with two seperate Motos?
Old 08-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Then they would have to use separate lineups so they can have separate lists of enabled channels.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Sage User

So can Sage utilize two lineups? If so, how do you switch between them? Will Sage record from both lineups at the same time? Will one favorites list use both lineups? I apologize if this is rehashed info. I did search and find a thread on multiple lineups, I'm just not sure if that would achieve what I'm after.