SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

IR Remote works great with Sage, but does nothing in Sage DVD area?

I use a MCE IR Receiver, with an MCE rev2 Remote (the latest), and HIP to make it work, because I don't like girder.

Well... it works flawlessly with SageTV in itself. The guide, navigation, playback etc. However when I go to play a DVD... the arrow buttons, or any button for that matter except the one that exits out back to main menu... simply dont work!

I don't get it! ... ? Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing, maybe point me in the right direction... give me a clue, or hint? I can't really assign two actions for the same button in the same application. That just doesnt work lol!

Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:36 AM
SageTVaholic

A few months ago I had a similar problem. I think I was using the MCE remote at the time as well, but with girder. (I'm using a USB-UIRT now) It turned out that DVD menus wouldn't respond to remote commands when VMR9 was enabled. If you are running VMR9, try changing your DVD video renderer to overlay and see if that makes a difference. I forget if I was using FSE or not, so you might need to turn that off as well. I can't think of anything else right now. Hope this helps.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yup... turns out the menus WERE responding, but since no 'change in graphic' occurred, I figured it was busted. Turning off VMR9 shows the 'selection graphics' when navigating menus. Having it ON, I can still navigate, but I have no idea what I am on when I hit the select button.

Wow... I just upgraded to 5.0.4 too, and you would THINK they had FIXED THIS PROBLEM by now ??? I don't see that problem in NVDVD, or Zoomplayer, or PowerDVD (all of which I am growing very upset with in other regards).

Thanks for the feedback... pointed me in the right direction to fix that.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Sage Expert

Outstanding..exact problem I was having....

MEin Maui..you are my new hero....This was killing the WAF and also the DAF (daughter)...

It works perfect now...

I thought it was a system performance problem..

Thank you..

Gary

Last edited by garyellis; 07-31-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I had reported this problem to SageTech... and... crazy as it sounds, Murphy intervened. They asked me if I could try to do something for them to help pinpoint the issue, and when I went to go watch a DVD, the DVD menus are all working fine now!

I can't get my sage install to mess up like it was doing. I have VMR9 ON, I have NVIDIA Video Decoder selected, and the menus are all working fine now.

LOL!

I don't know what I did... or if I really did anything at all? Only thing I recall doing between times, was completely unsetting all settings (setting them all to Default), then resetting them back to what I had.

I may have changed something inside the NVIDIA Purvideo Codec configuration screen... or I may have had lingering old NVDVD codecs around that sage was latching onto... or I could have simply 'scared' Sage to work properly when I installed zoomplayer !

So... I just wanted to report back. I am no longer having issues with the DVD navigation and the remote. Using VMR9, and Nvidia codecs.