SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sage died in the middle of a recording, now the recording is a bit 'off'... fix?

I was watching a recorded show tuesday, while it was recording the second airing of Eureka on SciFi (seeing if its any good). Well, about 30 minutes into watching the other show, SageTV just *blinked out*. Went to desktop. No messages, nothing.

So I loaded up SageTV real quick so that the other show recording could continue recording!

Then, after that seemed to be progressing again, I started up the show I was watching and all was fine for the rest of the evening.

That is until I wanted to watch the recording of Eureka the next day!

When I start it, its 'stuck' at 00:00, and does not tick upwards. When hitting FF or RW or SkipFwd... it makes the video start playback from the very begginning.

So... this means I gotta watch it with commercials! So, I begin to watch it, gritting my teeth waiting for commercials to end... and about 30 minutes into the show, the video playback jumps into 2x speed, no sound!! ??

AGH! Of course, I cant stop it, it just keeps doing it. I hit the FF or RW buttons and it just pauses.

This video has clearly gotten 'zapped' somehow during that SageTV crash, and I was wondering, since it SEEMS everything is there (except some key bits about playback location)... is there some way I can fix this? I tried running it in WMP... but that just hung the entire machine for 10 minutes then crashed itself. Stupid WMP, piece of trash.

I would record another airing of Eureka, but unfortunately, they dont have that same episode being run at any time forthcoming

Help ?

EDIT: I think I posted this in the wrong forum... gah!

SageTV 5.01
Case: nMediaPC 200BA
PSU: Seasonic s12-330w
SMB: MSI K8NGM2-FID
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ s939, Zalman 7000, 1gb OCZ Ram
GPU: Onboard nVidia 6150
AUD: Onboard ALC880 8ch
HDD: Western Digital SE16 250GB SATAII
DVD: LiteON DVD+-RW Dual Layer SHW-160P6S
Tuner: Hauppauge PVR150
Software: XPSP3, SageTV, NVDVD
Theater: WH 32" LCD HDTV (via DVI), Logitech z5500 5.1 THX (via SPDIF)

Last edited by IncredibleHat; 07-30-2006 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

VideoRedo or some similar tool might be able to fix your timeline so you can play the recording normally.

And if you run Sage as a service, then recording can continue even if the UI crashes.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I do run it as a service (at least, I have those settings check on, so I think it runs).

Thats also why I found it strange... because the SageTV app just died out, but that shouldnt have killed the service ? But, whatever it did... it fried that video file (First time I've had a corrupted video file!).

Thanks for the point towards videoredo. I'll check it out.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Just to be clear, enabling SageTV Server by way of Setup > Detailed Setup > Advanced does not run it as a service. It just enables clients to connect to your server. But if you don't also start the service, the server will run in the same process as the UI as a regular foreground app.

To start the service, you need to use SageTVServiceControl.exe from Start menu > All Programs > SageTV. That will also tell you if the service is running. Or you can go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and start/stop it from there.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageTVServiceControl.exe is what I used. I dont run the "Server" from within SageTV settings... no need for that.

Whenever I launch SageTV, it displays "Initializing Service..."... seems a bit confusing, if the service is already supposed to be running
Old 07-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well.

Nothing helps. That video file is HOSED. Anything else I try to open it in... hangs or locks up the entire computer with 100% CPU usage.

Only Sage will actually 'open' and start playing it (up till 30 minutes, then it goes into forced 2x speed mode with no sound).