SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Sage User

Guide has "No Data". HELP!

My upcoming recordings list was almost empty. When I looked at the EPG data, I knew why. Everything was basically listed as "No Data". I talked to ToonGal and was told this happened once before, but there was no real resolution. TG even said this was likely the result of software pirates.

I'm a registered user of SageTV and would really like to know what to do. Anyone have any insight on how I can solve this quickly? These things always happen late Friday on the way into a weekend.

TG also said it was possible to configure EPG data independant of SageTV in case of these type of problems. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks for the help!

David
Old 07-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've done some investigation on the issue, but don't have much to add as resolution, just more information. The only days in question seem to be this Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, on the whole. Friday / Saturday, and a few days Wednesday and beyond (stopped checking) seem to have populated data. Just those three days where the information is predominantly "No Data".

EDIT: It seems to be the block of time from Sun 5 PM to Wed 5 PM that is affected.

Last edited by ToonGal; 07-21-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:25 PM
SageTVaholic

I've had that happen before and I've always just disabled the channel and then re-enabled it again. I did appear to have to do each channel but that could have been because I was impatient and didn't wait long enough.

BobP.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Administrator

There is a FAQ for contacting SageTV about EPG problems, but you probably won't hear anything until next week.

I've seen issues on the forum where something changed for a lineup & data wasn't provided for the old one any more. You could try reconfiguring the source, or at least choosing the EPG lineup again from the Source Details screen. If the provider/lineup has changed for your area, it should give you the new one to select.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

You are correct that a channel change occurred (the local WB station became the "new" CW), but that might not be it. David wasn't specific enough. The error was not isolated to one channel, but all channels showed "No Data" in that time range.

That being said, I like the idea of reconfiguring the source. Can't hurt. Better than doing nothing until Monday missing the weekend schedule. Will update on results.

Thanks for the input guys!

UPDATE: Good news, bad news. Good news: It seemed to fix the EPG data for the 3 day span in question. Bad news: There is "No Data" for Thursday and the forseeable future. I've waited a while to see if it just needs loading, but at least it holds up the PVR until Frey is on it and/or the new data is downloaded.

Changes in Sage.properties:
add - mmc/retain_lineups_for_lost_devices=true
chg - epg_data_sources/*/* changed the ID# in the first "*" field

FYI, Dave did read the FAQ and submit the problem to Frey before his initial post, from what he says.

Thanks for the help! Update on Thu+ data if/when things change.

Last edited by ToonGal; 07-21-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:17 PM

[Please excuse me for my ignorance on most things computer related]
I've got this problem as well. I've submitted a request for help but can't wait a few days more for this problem to go away. How do I reconfig my EPG??
Is this my computer, my cable provider of sagetv?? I'm almost 1/2 way through my trial period and was ready to buy. Is it a good think I didn't???
Old 08-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

I am experiencing this issue aswell... This really sucks and is messing up all of my upcoming recordings.

This should never happen. And I can't believe we have to police this. An EPG is the most important thing required for a pvr to work properly.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Sage Icon

I decided to switch back to using the DigiCasa Plugin for my EPG. I've never had an issue with it.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Sage

Try removing all the properties from the properties file that have the string 'server_update_id' in them (do it while SageTV is not running). That should resolve the issue.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:21 PM

How do I find these properties? I looked in my SageTV folder in my program files and there is no properties folder.
I am thinking I should go back to GBPVR. Sure there was a bit of a learning curve and not as user friendly but this lack of support is terrible. We have a number of PAYING CUSTOMERS (myself excluded at this point) who are having the same issue. The only response to my official request has been a request for a screen shot??? It's a EPG screen full of "unavailable" boxes. Cummon!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Administrator

The latest discussion on the current EPG update problem is here. This is not a common occurrence with the EPG server and SageTV is working to fix the issue.

The problem with the EPG server was discovered after the above posts; once that is completely fixed, you may not have to edit anything. But, just so you know: the properties file is not a folder, it is a file in your SageTV directory that contains various settings. If you edit it, you have to do so while SageTV is not running, or your changes will be ignored and overwritten. See p. 224 (Appendix A) of the v5.0 PDF manual in your SageTV directory for more info on the properties file names & so on.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:54 PM

Thank you Opus!! That's what I was looking/hoping for when I requested tech support.
You were even able to break it down so a non-techie can figure it out. I'll work on that tomorrow after work.