SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Trial Period expired after 7 days?

I thought it was 15? Just downloaded a week ago and been trying it out, but today my Placeshifter expired
Old 07-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Administrator

As of v5.0.3, the placeshifter & extender trial periods should be 15 days. Prior to that, it was 7 days. If it doesn't go 15 days, you could email SageTV & let them know.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah...or I guess I'll have to buy it already.
The client crashes now too.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, well, I just pulled my Credit Card
Old 07-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

I got 'expired' again this evening, while the registration has been in place since this morning and PS worked all day.
Restarting the service solved it, but if this keeps happening I'll contact support.

I love PS! I showed off SageTV to my colleagues today, showing them I could watch TV or any of my recordings from work
Old 07-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc
I got 'expired' again this evening, while the registration has been in place since this morning and PS worked all day.
Restarting the service solved it, but if this keeps happening I'll contact support.
As mentioned on p. 257 of the v5 manual (where it talks about registering the PS license), you should make sure the server is not running at all before registering the license. Otherwise, it might not stick.

Also, the 15 day trial has been resolved for a future update.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the tip. I stopped the service and ran the Register License thingy just to see what would happen. It warned me I had 7 days left of my trial (?)
So I unregistered my key and I registered it again, all with the service stopped.
PS works fine for now, the Register thingy still mentions a trial period, but the words TRIAL don't show in the PS window anymore so I'll see what happens.