SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:38 PM

EPG help

Hi, i am a brand new user and have the sagetv software installed on my pc. when i click on my program guide its blank. i cannot seem to find a option where i can make it load channel data.

can any one help

thanks in advance
Old 06-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Administrator

For anyone to offer suggestions, it would help to know where you are, since in the US & Canada, you can use the built-in EPG data, while for most other places you would have to use XMLTV.

If you are in the US, you may need to give it a little time to download the initial guide data.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:03 PM

i am in the US. it never asked me if i have cable sat or even where i live. still when i click on program guide its just blank. is there a option where i can give it this information and download data. am new to this program

Last edited by syno86; 06-29-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Administrator

When you follow the source setup steps, starting on p. 146 in the v5 PDF manual (in the SageTV dir, or go to Setup -> Help -> View Manual), it should ask whether to use programming guide data (step 7; p. 151).

If you didn't go through the process of selecting your provider & lineup, I suggest removing the source and adding it again.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.