SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

What can we expect from SageTV 5.1?

Narflex any news????
Old 06-28-2006, 07:04 AM
Sage Icon

yeah, its been nearly a month since 5.04, we want our sagetv fix now! Stop slackin, down more diet cokes and wrap up the codes would ya?

I predict SageTV 6.0 on next release. At this rate BeyondTV will never catch up number-wise. They are still on v4.x, those behinders! Hah!

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

The one thing I find amusing about Sage's numbering schemes is that it seems incrimental releases (5.0-5.1) are "bigger" than the major number changes
Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
yeah, its been nearly a month since 5.04, we want our sagetv fix now! Stop slackin, down more diet cokes and wrap up the codes would ya?

I predict SageTV 6.0 on next release. At this rate BeyondTV will never catch up number-wise. They are still on v4.x, those behinders! Hah!

Yeah Sage kind of pulled an AOL with that 3...no 4, um quick ... 5! Yeah, now we are ahead of BeyondTV! I think the product shows that Sage is ahead of BeyondTV just fine...but the numbering schemes are pretty amusing!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

One thing that's supposed to be fixed is the HD sub channel guide which currently does not work on anything other than the .1 channel according to George in Tech support.

That alone has me waiting in anticipation.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Sage Expert

I think is the longest between releases since I bought sage!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Behinders??... hmmm... SLACKERS is a more appropriate description

Quote:
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 07-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

According to an email I had from support there will be some fixes to the aspect ratio issues on the MVP so that it will play back the whole of a 16:9 file rather than cropping either side to make it 4:3.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Sage Expert

blasting BTV

I run BTV and not had to reboot in over 2 years. I recently tried sage and it takes more button hits on the remote to get things going. Also sage stutters all the time. I also have 350 dvd movies on my 4 500 gig hard drives and sage media says they are all zero minutes long,(tech support knows of the problem...may be fixed soon!...BTV works great now!), can't get the covers to show most of the time. Go ahead and knock BTV. So what that it is behind on versions. Point being ...IT WORKS GREAT!, so go ahead and feel good about yourselves. I have requested a refund.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Sage Icon

I tried it before I tried sage, didn't support my tuners, so I got a refund from them, bought sage, and never looked back.

I still get beta emails from them, and emai notifications when shows I had set up to search for are coming on. Wonder if my login still works on their webserver?
Old 07-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau
.... Go ahead and knock BTV. So what that it is behind on versions. Point being ...IT WORKS GREAT!, so go ahead and feel good about yourselves. I have requested a refund.
My version number post was actually a knock/joke on SageTV, if anything, not BTV. To understand the joke, you have to know that SageTV skipped version 3 completely, and went straight to v4. I'm not sure why they skipped v3, maybe to look better on paper when compare to BTV v4. And SageTV didn't stay at v4 for too long before moving to v5. So the original topic of this thread was what to expect from v5.1, and my joke is that at the rate of the version number changing, its probably gonna be SageTV v6.0.

Btw, I'm a former BTV user and I'm glad that BTV works well for you. But on this forum, you can say bad things about SageTV and your post won't magically disappear unlike on the BTV forum.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

My experience was just the opposite.

Quote:
I run BTV and not had to reboot in over 2 years. I recently tried sage and it takes more button hits on the remote to get things going. Also sage stutters all the time. I also have 350 dvd movies on my 4 500 gig hard drives and sage media says they are all zero minutes long,(tech support knows of the problem...may be fixed soon!...BTV works great now!), can't get the covers to show most of the time. Go ahead and knock BTV. So what that it is behind on versions. Point being ...IT WORKS GREAT!, so go ahead and feel good about yourselves. I have requested a refund.
I was a long time BTV user (2 + Yrs) and in that time I never made it more than a week or two without at least a reboot. HD studdered like mad and after complaining about there lack of integration, I switched to Sage. Its been more than 2 months now and once I got everyting configured the way I liked it, Im actualy getting bored because Sage is so stable. Not to metion all the great STV's like Sage MC 16x9. In my opinion BTV will never catch up to Sage, but I,m glad it works for you.
Dave
Seasonic S-12 380w, NEC 3520a Onboard SoundStorm S/PDIF out
WD-Caviar 120GB IDE (System) Seagate (3) Baracuda 250GB sata (Pooled)
GF-7600gs Forceware 93.71 Nvida-Decoder V.4.02.223HDHR-Prime 3-Digital Fios ,HDhomeRun-Qam/FIOS
Clients:GA-MA78GM-S2H -AMD 4800- Sage TV Client-FireFly Remote - Amd x2 Turino LAPTOP - HD-100 + MVP Client DVR Verizon Fios/ B]
Old 07-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Beyond will just do a Microsoft Xbox360 tactic and change their versioning from an incremental scheme to a "revolutionary"/catchy phrase that soundsl like the competition's versioning.. . BeyondTV 2007 or something

Old 07-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
You may want to ask for some help on the forums instead of using your first and only (I'm guessing) post to announce all is lost and that you are getting a full refund. I've found folks to be very helpful in solving all my technical issues.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I feel good! I've got over 500 movies on my 3 200g drives and almost 1Tb of storage for TV. It works, doesn't stutter, and is rock solid. None of those statements applied to my BTV experience.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
Yeah Sage kind of pulled an AOL with that 3...no 4, um quick ... 5! Yeah, now we are ahead of BeyondTV! I think the product shows that Sage is ahead of BeyondTV just fine...but the numbering schemes are pretty amusing!
Or MSN starting with version 7, I believe, just to have the same number as AOL....
Old 07-15-2006, 05:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
My version number post was actually a knock/joke on SageTV, if anything, not BTV. To understand the joke, you have to know that SageTV skipped version 3 completely, and went straight to v4. I'm not sure why they skipped v3, maybe to look better on paper when compare to BTV v4. 8<snip >8
They didn't skip V3 "completely". My MediaReady 5000 says it's running SageTV v 3.0.3.1. Maybe they just dedicated V3x to VWB, who makes the MR5K, so they could easily keep track of any support for that OEM?
Old 07-15-2006, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham
They didn't skip V3 "completely". My MediaReady 5000 says it's running SageTV v 3.0.3.1. Maybe they just dedicated V3x to VWB, who makes the MR5K, so they could easily keep track of any support for that OEM?
Version 3 went completely through beta. When they decided to release it went straight to 4 probably based on the features they had ready to go.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Administrator

The big feature difference for the jump to v4 was that everyone got access to Studio in v4. No version of v3 has Studio access for everyone.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Sage Expert

Anyone else getting curious about what we're going to see in the next version? Its been such a long time we can only assume there are big changes going in!