SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Sage Icon

theme.properties file? Goodness, I'm behind the times. LOL.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
theme.properties file? Goodness, I'm behind the times. LOL.
Nope, you're just in time.

This is a feature of the new theme implementation (based on the new theme support in the standard STV). Each theme has a theme.properties file in its folder that contains settings that affect how the theme graphics are displayed. Some extremely cool things are going to be possible with this approach.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Ah, that's why they didn't show up.

For now anyone who wants can just move them. I'll update the liquid theme tonight.

BTW, I just checked and the _logo.png files are in the wrong place in the default theme as well.

Thanks Dirk!

Aloha,
Mike
I did this, and now I have your great graphics showing. Only issue is that there are text labels overlapping them. Dont know if there is a way to eliminate the text? I will post a screenshot later showing what I mean.

*edit* picture attached. I would like to see "My Videos" go away if possible (as well as the other instances where there are the *logo.png files)

*edit 2* I guess I have been away from Sage for too long. Just noticed that even on the other themes for SageMC, the page titles like "My Videos" were always there, overlapping the large text names. So maybe its not something that can be changed, or maybe doesnt make any sense? I'll stop rambling now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screencap.JPG (34.8 KB, 337 views)

Last edited by Kirby; 10-04-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Everyone!

FYI, the Liquid Theme has been updated to support the new features in SageMC v6.3.5.

New features for v2.1 Include:

Themes now use parent themes for duplicate graphics.
Added screen-specific backgrounds
Added support for new guide coloring technique

Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. I also included a zip file with all of the color variations for the selection bars. To use a new selection bar color, copy the the theme folder you want to use as a base and give the folder a new name. Then just copy the selection bar graphics fo the desired color/resolution into the new folder. Then go into SageMC and select your new theme. That's it!

Alternately, you can create a new theme folder and copy in one of the theme.properties files from another liquid theme variant. Then open the file and change the ParentTheme property to the folder you wish to reference. Then just add the selection bar (or any other) graphics to your new folder and select the new theme in SageMC. Have fun!
Old 10-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Sage Expert

glassy color guides not working in SageMC 6.3.5

Hiya

Since I upgraded to 6.3.5 I dont seem to have the glassy color guides in the guide. I tried reinstalling but its made no difference - have the filenames changed ?

I also initially noticed that the selection bars were gone but then managed chose them in the theme section

Thanks

Brewston
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,

Last edited by brewston; 10-16-2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typos
Old 10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
Since I upgraded to 6.3.5 I dont seem to have the glassy color guides in the guide. I tried reinstalling but its made no difference - have the filenames changed ?

I also initially noticed that the selection bars were gone but then managed chose them in the theme section

Thanks

Brewston
The color guide bar graphics files must be in either your selected theme or in one of its parent themes. Alternately, there is a new guide coloring method that gives nearly the same result. This can be activated in Settings>SageMC>Main>Screen Specific Options>EPG. Enable both of the guide coloring options. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-17-2007, 02:50 AM
Sage Expert

Ah I figured it was something to do with the way themes now work, I dropped them in themes/glassyselectionbar/ directory its picked them up.

cheers Mike !

Brewston
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 11-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Mystery letter on 'Home' page..

For some time now my GUI has shown an 'i'.. the lower case letter I, up near the date and time in the top right corner of my 'Home' page.. Anybody have any idea what that is? I see it on my MVP and can't seem to select it, nor can I figure out what it is that it is trying to notify me of!!

Thanks!!
Old 11-14-2007, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
For some time now my GUI has shown an 'i'.. the lower case letter I, up near the date and time in the top right corner of my 'Home' page.. Anybody have any idea what that is? I see it on my MVP and can't seem to select it, nor can I figure out what it is that it is trying to notify me of!!

Thanks!!

Is that a blue 'i' in a white icon, or is it just text?

If it is an icon, I had made that to support some new functionality that Dirk was going to add a while back. I think it was to indicate that there were new RSS feeds for the ticker or something like that, but I'm not sure if it ever got implemented. If it is just text, then I'm not sure what to make of it. Can you post a screenshot?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Is that a blue 'i' in a white icon, or is it just text?

If it is an icon, I had made that to support some new functionality that Dirk was going to add a while back. I think it was to indicate that there were new RSS feeds for the ticker or something like that, but I'm not sure if it ever got implemented. If it is just text, then I'm not sure what to make of it. Can you post a screenshot?

Aloha,
Mike
It is the white icon with the blue italisized 'i' in it! I thought I had RSS disabled.. perhaps not! I certainly don't have it displayed anywhere...

I'll try to get a screen shot.. but I use only the MVP, so that might be a bit tricky!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
It is the white icon with the blue italisized 'i' in it! I thought I had RSS disabled.. perhaps not! I certainly don't have it displayed anywhere...

I'll try to get a screen shot.. but I use only the MVP, so that might be a bit tricky!

Yup, I just checked in Studio. The info.png icon is used to indicate that there are new feeds available in the ticker. If you don't want it showing up, just go to

...SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\[Current Theme]\ShowIcons

and rename the info.png file to something else. If you don't see it there, you might need to look at the parent theme(s) to find it. You can get a list of the parent theme heirarchy in SageMC under Settings >> Select Theme >> Options >> Show Parent Themes

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation Some titles 'missing' on buttons?

Can you tell me why I can't see the text on my bottons in 'Recorded TV'?

Please see attached screen shot.

I'm using Sage 6.3.5 and this is SageMC 6.3.5 running on a client
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Missing Titles.JPG (55.1 KB, 250 views)
Old 12-16-2007, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
Can you tell me why I can't see the text on my bottons in 'Recorded TV'?

Please see attached screen shot.

I'm using Sage 6.3.5 and this is SageMC 6.3.5 running on a client
That's a strange one. I would first make sure that you are running the latest java v1.6_3 (java 1.6+ is required for SageMC). You can also enable debug logging (There is a link to the instructions in flachbar's signature in the main SageMC thread.) and post your log file in the SageMC thread. That might turn up something.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yep, running Java 1.6.0_3.

I'm using Version 6.3.6 of SageMC

Please find attached the log file. There is an exception in there!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (165.8 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by motobarsteward; 12-16-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ping

Can somebody with more brains than a rocking horse (i.e not me!) look at my log above and give me a clue why I'm getting the excpetion? I have just noticed that I also get it on the built in SageMC themes so I'll post this message on the SageMC thread.

Edit: the problem appears to be introduced after I install the Liquid themes. Is it possible there is some mismatch between Java libraries?

Quote:
Yep, running Java 1.6.0_3.

I'm using Version 6.3.6 of SageMC

Please find attached the log file. There is an exception in there!

Last edited by motobarsteward; 12-17-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ping

Can somebody with more brains than a rocking horse (i.e not me!) look at my log above and give me a clue why I'm getting the excpetion? I have just noticed that I also get it on the built in SageMC themes so I'll post this message on the SageMC thread.
Sorry, I missed your post yesterday. I can't really make much of the log file and I've never seen this problem before. It looks like there is something wrong with your recordings data. Hopefully someone in the main SageMC thread can help more.

Do you have the same problem in the default STV? What OS are you running?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

No, I don't have this problem in the default STV or on my MVP, where I havent installed the Liquid Themes for sage MC (It's just SageMC 6.3.6 on top of SageTV 6.3.5) on my server and hence the MVP.

I'll delete the client installation that exhibits this problem and start again and see if it goes away. I have also installed EvelPeguin's VideoTools 3.0f on the client. That does load a load of Java libraries. Maybe it's that that's breaking it.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, I don't have this problem in the default STV or on my MVP, where I havent installed the Liquid Themes for sage MC (It's just SageMC 6.3.6 on top of SageTV 6.3.5) on my server and hence the MVP.

I'll delete the client installation that exhibits this problem and start again and see if it goes away. I have also installed EvelPeguin's VideoTools 3.0f on the client. That does load a load of Java libraries. Maybe it's that that's breaking it.
The liquid theme is just a bunch of graphics files so I don't see how it could have any effect on this. Try looking in the ...\SageTV\JARs folder and see what the date is for the sagemc.jar file. It should be 12/15/07 or so. If it is older, you might have inadvertantly replaced it with an older version when installing an import. If it is older, grab the latest version from the current SageMC download and then restart Sage.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, I agree. There is know reason why Liquid should cause problems. It's more likely to be evilpeguins VideoTool 3.0f. I'm re-installing now so I should be able to work out what is going on. It's a lot of work but I think your themes are definitely worth the effort. Good Job That Man!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yes, I agree. There is know reason why Liquid should cause problems. It's more likely to be evilpeguins VideoTool 3.0f. I'm re-installing now so I should be able to work out what is going on. It's a lot of work but I think your themes are definitely worth the effort. Good Job That Man!
Sorted! The latest version (3.0f) of evelipeguin's VideoTools uses an old version of df_sageutils.jar. I actually checked and said 'No' to the extractor when it suggested the exchange.

Oops. Nothing to do with this! I didn't read the notes on the property and mis-interpreted a SageMG property to do with restricting name lengths for 4x3 format. I set it to True (which is zero) hense no recorded titles appeared!

Last edited by motobarsteward; 12-18-2007 at 01:08 AM.