SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Sage Icon

Well, played around with it, and really like it. I'd agree that the background is a bit busy. I may just switch back to the original. Good work on everything, I can't imagine how much time that took.

I'll be switching to this theme, from that old sharp theme that got so much heat, that way, I can be "legal" again.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Well, played around with it, and really like it. I'd agree that the background is a bit busy. I may just switch back to the original. Good work on everything, I can't imagine how much time that took.

I'll be switching to this theme, from that old sharp theme that got so much heat, that way, I can be "legal" again.
Thanks for the moral support!

Guess I have a reason to get off my lazy kiester (sp?) and get this thing finished.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:48 PM
SageTVaholic

actually keister

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_18...7/keister.html

Old 04-02-2007, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post

Thanks! I wasn't sure if the i-before-e rule applied.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Sage Icon

LOL, that was funny.

Mike, have I said how much I love this theme? It's awesome. I especially like the new show icons, and the fuzzy play and pause buttons in the OSD. It looks really cool.

Question. Why in the world are there 366 files located in the SageMC theme, and only about 150+ files in your theme? That seems a bit odd to me, unless the SageMC theme has a lot of "extra" images or something. I used the SageMC theme as a basis...
Old 04-03-2007, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
LOL, that was funny.

Mike, have I said how much I love this theme? It's awesome. I especially like the new show icons, and the fuzzy play and pause buttons in the OSD. It looks really cool.

Question. Why in the world are there 366 files located in the SageMC theme, and only about 150+ files in your theme? That seems a bit odd to me, unless the SageMC theme has a lot of "extra" images or something. I used the SageMC theme as a basis...
Thanks Jason.

I actually can't take credit for the 'fuzzy' OSD icons. Those are the ones that come in the MC theme. But I have my own versions ready for the next update. I have also tweaked the show icons and guide bars to make everything more readable. New transport controls...check. New power buttons...check. It's getting pretty close now.

The difference in number of files is partially because my theme is currently incomplete. But to a large degree, there are many unused graphics/icons that are left over from the original media portal theme. This is a big part of the problem with tracking down all of the graphics files that are actually used, and why I'm missing some at the moment.

I am getting close to the next update. I have a few more icons to generate and I am working on new backgrounds. I found a great plugin filter for Photoshop that allows me to generate realistic water ripples. I think this will result in some nice backgrounds that are far less busy than my original. My first attempt last night turned out really cool.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

Ah, I see, it's been a while, I forgot that was a MP port.

Have you considered coming up with new weather icons? If not, the ones from matrix35 would be a welcome addition to this theme. They seem to fit better too. If you, and others, thought so, maybe we could ask him if it could be included in this theme?

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=22763

Edit: I see these were a port too...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Have you considered coming up with new weather icons? If not, the ones from matrix35 would be a welcome addition to this theme. They seem to fit better too. If you, and others, thought so, maybe we could ask him if it could be included in this theme?

Yup, so far most of the graphics for SageMC have been ports. That is actually one of the reasons I decided to create some original graphics to begin with. I think I'm going to release the theme without any new weather icons for now. But after the dust settles, I'll have a look and see if I can come up with something. I already have a number of moon phase icons that I made for a certain other project ( ), so I might be able to leverage some of that work.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-05-2007, 04:38 AM
SageTVaholic

FYI,

I have finally updated the Liquid Theme. It should now be relatively complete. I have also separated the alternate graphics into a separate download, as the file size became too large to keep everything together. Here are a couple of screenshots. Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike

Old 04-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nice! The toned down version looks better!

Ill have to try it out tonight.

Technazz
Old 04-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Sage Icon

Looks good Mike, installing now...

(You're missing the link to your Alternative graphics in your signature, BTW!)

Last edited by geogecko; 04-05-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Love the reflection of the hover icons. Pretty cool. Also like the new background MUCH better! Thank you Mike!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

actually these weren't a port from MP. The files are originally made Stardock (windowblinds). But can be freely used even in competitive products to stardock but making sure the license file is included. I actually stumbled on 'em googling "weather icons"

my 0.02$

nice theme BTW kudos MeInMaui
Old 04-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Sage Icon

Actually, I meant the themes were an MP port, not the weather icons, I guess I should have had a more pronounced line between those topics.

I'm glad you posted them though. I think they look cleaner than the original icons.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
(You're missing the link to your Alternative graphics in your signature, BTW!)
Added link to signature. (Had to drop the link to my very first attempt: The billiard ball icons. I'm glad you guys didn't tell me how bad they really were back then or else I probably would have given up. )

Quote:
Love the reflection of the hover icons. Pretty cool. Also like the new background MUCH better! Thank you Mike!
Excellent. I'm glad you like them.

BTW, I have saved the parameters for all of the different background ripple patterns. So, if a different background color is desired for any of the existing patterns, it would take me literally minutes to generate it once I actually get to sit down at the computer and work on it. I'll take a limited number of requests for this and add any new backgrounds to the alternate graphics download. My wife already requested a brighter version of the default background (I think she got used to the bluetwo background we were temporarily using).

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

A couple questions:

When watching a show, I no longer have an indicator showing the "current time" on the timebar at the bottom of the screen.

When watching live TV, I don't have the background bar for the duration of the show. It seems to build itself as the show plays.

Are these intended? Or am I just missing graphics somewhere?

I love the theme though!!

Carl

*edit* I copied the Liquid theme images over the bluetwo theme and put the contents of this into my images folder, and now all is well.

Last edited by clmolnar; 04-05-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar View Post
A couple questions:

When watching a show, I no longer have an indicator showing the "current time" on the timebar at the bottom of the screen.

When watching live TV, I don't have the background bar for the duration of the show. It seems to build itself as the show plays.

Are these intended? Or am I just missing graphics somewhere?

I love the theme though!!

Carl

*edit* I copied the Liquid theme images over the bluetwo theme and put the contents of this into my images folder, and now all is well.

Oops. Looks like there are a few more graphics files I forgot. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Sage Icon

I was going to point that out too, but someone beat me to it.

I think the default background works well for us. I'll look at the alternative ones, and see if I like any of those better.

Thanks for the awesome theme. I've been waiting for a replacement for what I have had for quite some time.

...back to sanitizing bottles...LOL.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:21 AM
SageTVaholic

I have added the progress bar background and indicator graphics to the download (or just grab them below).

I also put together a couple more background files and added them to the alternate graphics download (Also available below. Just remove the number after 'Background' and copy into your theme folder)

Here are a couple of screenshots to give you some idea of the new looks you can give the theme by selecting alternate backgrounds and selection bars. Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike

Attached Images
File Type: png Background10.png (378.3 KB, 143 views)
File Type: png Background11.png (137.8 KB, 153 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip osd progress graphics.zip (13.0 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 04-06-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks so much MeInMaui!

I love the black background with the blue selection bars. After setting the option background color to black in the SageMC options, this theme looks great!

Also, the new timeline indicator is great! I really like the new look.

I have one question though. Is it possible to add a "glow" around the entire video window display in the lower left corner of the screen when it is selected? The old iTV theme did this, I'm not sure if it was a function of the import, or if it is possible with the current SageMC STV. Currently, just the text under the window brightens when it is selected, and it's hard to tell if you actually have it selected or not.

Carl