SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
OK, I see there's now a 6.12, I'm on 6.11. So I need to download 6.12 and just extract and use the .xml and sagemc.jar files? Or do I need to start over with a full install of everything?

And after I update, I know I'll have to re import WebRadio and Movie Times .xml's. Right?

--Heidi
You should install the .xml and all of the jars just to be safe. Or see my post above for a more future-proof way of handling this. And yes, you'll have to reimport the plugins.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: We should probably figure out a better way of handling this. I'll have to discuss it with Dirk and see if we can come up with anything.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-19-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, Heidi.

Typically, when I upgrade (and don't quote me on this...lol), I select just the XML and all JARS.

Then extract those. When it asks me if I want to overwrite the existing file, I compare the dates. If the file it's trying to overwrite is older, then I say yes, otherwise, no.

Usually, the ones included in the latest SageMC are the newest, or the same, so it's no big deal.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Gorgeous ... working great now!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sorry it took us "pros" so long to figure it out...
Old 09-19-2006, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Sorry it took us "pros" so long to figure it out...
Speak for yourself! I'm just just trying to make it look like I know what I'm doing. (and not very successfully by the looks of it. )

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-19-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure any of us really know what we're doing. But we try.

I think it's obvious by post count, who knows the most...or is that the least?
Old 09-19-2006, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I'm not sure any of us really know what we're doing. But we try.

I think it's obvious by post count, who knows the most...or is that the least?
I think you mean who's trying hardest.

Edit: Actually, I think you just need a better signature to make it look like you know more. I mean come on! Who ever heard of a signature just being a name?!?

(And it's not fair pulling out the post card (). You have a whole 2 months on me!)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-19-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

Mike, when you get a chance, would it be possible to create an Orange Glassy Selection Bar set. I'm using your Purple bars in the BlueTwo Blue Steel Theme instead of the default orange bars. It's ok, but I think the orange fits better.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Mike, when you get a chance, would it be possible to create an Orange Glassy Selection Bar set. I'm using your Purple bars in the BlueTwo Blue Steel Theme instead of the default orange bars. It's ok, but I think the orange fits better.
Sure, that shouldn't be a problem. It will probably take to few days to get to it. In the mean time, check out the gold selection bars. I think you might be pleasantly surprised with the result.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Sure, that shouldn't be a problem. It will probably take to few days to get to it.
No problem on that. beggers can't be choosy

Quote:
In the mean time, check out the gold selection bars. I think you might be pleasantly surprised with the result.

Aloha,
Mike
I'll give the gold a try. Doesn't look too bad, but it misses the "pop" of the orange that I like. The purple seemed to be a close fit with the "pop"yness, if that makes any sense.

Thanks, Jack
Old 09-20-2006, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

One order of Orange Pop coming up!

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-21-2006 at 04:05 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
You mean like this?

Orange and Bright Orange Selection Bars added to download. (The screenshot is using the Bright Orange bars)

Enjoy!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey Morgan111,

Here are a couple for you too!

That's it. I'm going to bed.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: I have to work on that selection bar a bit more. I didn't notice last night that the glow is a little too light. But hopefully it will hold you until I get it fixed.
Attached Images
File Type: png hp_selectionbar.png (5.8 KB, 208 views)
File Type: png icon_empty_focus.png (88.5 KB, 221 views)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-21-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Mike,

They look really nice. The icon_empty_focus graphic is nice but for videos, the top of the video and longer movie names stick out quite a bit into the glowing area. Not a problem with the Music albums. I cropped about half of the blue glow and that looks acceptable. Is it possible to make the glow more intense but but extent about half as far as it does now?

Thanks,
Morgan
Old 09-21-2006, 03:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Mike,

They look really nice. The icon_empty_focus graphic is nice but for videos, the top of the video and longer movie names stick out quite a bit into the glowing area. Not a problem with the Music albums. I cropped about half of the blue glow and that looks acceptable. Is it possible to make the glow more intense but but extent about half as far as it does now?

Thanks,
Morgan
Shouldn't be a problem. Can you PM me your e-mail address? That way we can send revisions back and forth without cluttering up the forum. Thanks.

Mike
Old 09-25-2006, 02:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT
I have an icon request to add to your themes. I've recently set up my DVD burning, and I've noticed that the default icons for it are small glass balls that are only 25 pixels each way - however, on my screen, they are displayed at about 100 pixels each way or more! YUCK!

They are:
error.png
processing.png
queued.png
runable.png

Oddly, the "finished.png" file which is a DVD picture is 128x128 - probably what they all should be. I'm attaching them for reference. It would be awesome if the resembled the icon sets that you've already worked on. I was actually beginning to try to do some of this in Photoshop - but I'd be starting from scratch and I really don't know how to get that glassy, 3D look - maybe you use a 3D environment.

Anyway, these would be awesome if you could get to them!

Thanks,
Hi Ted,

Could you try these out? I decided to err on the side of BIG. These are 400x400. It is always easier to scale them down than up. They are basically bigger versions of the ones you attached as an example. I might try to come up with something original later, but for now hopefully these will work for you.

evilpenguin,

If you happen to read this, feel free to use these icons however you see fit if you like them.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVD Burning Mod Icons.zip (302.2 KB, 171 views)
Old 09-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Sage User

MeInMaui,

Thanks for all the cool graphics!! Just wanted to ask how you made the colour coded bars show up in the Razor theme? I have the theme and liked your screenshot of it with the colour coded bars so was curious as when I tried to add them it didn't seem to do anything.

Here is the screenshot in question:

I noticed in an earlier reply in this thread you stated you use the razor theme with a few modifications, just curious what you modified as I like the them but there are certain colours on some of the text that look a little off. Any chance on sharing your mods to the theme or how you did them?

Thanks again!! I love your graphics!

Kevin
Old 09-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

Did you get out of Sage before installing the bars? You also need to be already switched to the theme that you want BEFORE installing the bars, otherwise, when you switch, the bar images will be copied over with the new theme selection. Basically, any time you switch themes, you'll have to reinstall the bars, unless of course, you install the bars in all of the theme image folders.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ould
MeInMaui,

Thanks for all the cool graphics!! Just wanted to ask how you made the colour coded bars show up in the Razor theme? I have the theme and liked your screenshot of it with the colour coded bars so was curious as when I tried to add them it didn't seem to do anything.

I noticed in an earlier reply in this thread you stated you use the razor theme with a few modifications, just curious what you modified as I like the them but there are certain colours on some of the text that look a little off. Any chance on sharing your mods to the theme or how you did them?

Thanks again!! I love your graphics!

Kevin
Ditto what geogecko said above. I think you also have to enable the color coded guide bars in the SageMC Options menu. Sorry to disappoint you, but the graphics are the mods I was talking about. However, you can change the fonts/fonts colors/font sizes for SageMC within the sage.properties (or sageclient.properties) file. The font colors for the guide are also directly available in the SageMC Options menu as well.

Thanks for the kind words.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-25-2006, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi Ted,

Could you try these out? I decided to err on the side of BIG. These are 400x400. It is always easier to scale them down than up. They are basically bigger versions of the ones you attached as an example. I might try to come up with something original later, but for now hopefully these will work for you.

evilpenguin,

If you happen to read this, feel free to use these icons however you see fit if you like them.

Aloha,
Mike
Those look much better than the old ones, thanks Mike!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)