SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Sage Icon

I'll try it when I get home. Already use your other logo! Havent tried the "R" theme though (nor the "3").
Old 09-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Ok, I think I have finally found a style I like for the main menu icons. Please have a look and let me know what you think. (It looks much better in SageMC than it does here) If there is general acceptance, I'll start working on the rest of them. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Hmm...have to admit I didn't think I'd like it, guess it has to do with seeing it with a background and being about 3 times that size!

I think I like it!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Hmm...have to admit I didn't think I'd like it, guess it has to do with seeing it with a background and being about 3 times that size!

I think I like it!

Let me know if you have any suggestions for tweakage. Thanks!

Mike
Old 09-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Let me know if you have any suggestions for tweakage. Thanks!

Mike
The only thing that bothers me is the TV stand in the bubble. Maybe making the bubble smaller and either still in the center (or maybe even offset?) would make it better, leaving the TV stand in it's normal appearance.

I'm not sure. Really hoping for the iTV theme.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Really hoping for the iTV theme.
Steven at XLobby has a demo coverflow equivalent working that I'm hoping to incorporate in XLobbyMC once he has it polished off
Old 09-19-2006, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The only thing that bothers me is the TV stand in the bubble. Maybe making the bubble smaller and either still in the center (or maybe even offset?) would make it better, leaving the TV stand in it's normal appearance.

I'm not sure. Really hoping for the iTV theme.
I'll try adjusting things so the stand is outside the bubble. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Unfortunately right now I'm in the middle of migrating to a SageTV server/client from my single box. I've been sage-less for 3 days!!!!

Don't...know...how...long...I...can.........

P.S. I haven't heard anything else from Morgan111 about the iTV theme. If nothing happens by the time I've finished the graphics I have in the works, I may have to take the reigns on this one myself.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Unfortunately right now I'm in the middle of migrating to a SageTV server/client from my single box. I've been sage-less for 3 days!!!!
Darn, guess a new SageMC version would pretty much suck right now ...

Dirk
Old 09-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, you must have headaches from Sage withdraw!

Well, maybe between the few of us, the iTV theme will come along...

I think it looks pretty sharp.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar

Dirk
Ok, now with that one, you might have just become the Jedi Master of Tease!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
I'll take it!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
LOL, you must have headaches from Sage withdraw!
Shhh....You're writing too loud. Anybody got some aspirin?

On the bright side, my wife has now come to realize how much we depend on sage. So in a strange way I think this has actually increased the WAF. Go figure.

Mike

Edit: BTW, you guys are harsh.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
P.S. I haven't heard anything else from Morgan111 about the iTV theme. If nothing happens by the time I've finished the graphics I have in the works, I may have to take the reigns on this one myself.
It's still alive! Maybe by the end of the week or weekend I can create a download with what I have so far for the images and import to slightly modify the SageMC STV. I'll gladly add more cool graphics to it that you may have! In fact I will be sending you request to modify another button for me.

What we're talking about...
Old 09-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
if you are using the SageTV service, then still use SageClient.properties, if not then use Sage.properties.
OK, I finally got around to this. Hope this attachment helps someone smarter at this than I am figure out why I'm having trouble seeing ALL of Mike's pretty genre icons. I mean, the generic one is lovely, but ... not on every folder.

--Heidi
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (118.5 KB, 160 views)
Old 09-19-2006, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
It's still alive! Maybe by the end of the week or weekend I can create a download with what I have so far for the images and import to slightly modify the SageMC STV. I'll gladly add more cool graphics to it that you may have! In fact I will be sending you request to modify another button for me.

What we're talking about...
Good to hear! If you are going to request a square button, I'm already on it. I'd also like to intensify the blue glow a bit on the button I already sent you. I think that'll help make it look better. Also, if you can tell me the font and font size you are using for the menu items, I can set up with that so I can maybe do a better job of getting the button to center over the text.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-19-2006, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
OK, I finally got around to this. Hope this attachment helps someone smarter at this than I am figure out why I'm having trouble seeing ALL of Mike's pretty genre icons. I mean, the generic one is lovely, but ... not on every folder.

--Heidi
Code:
Catbert Method Lookup Failure for:sagemc_Genres_getAlias
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sagemc.Genres
Looks like another jar problem. And it looks like _someone_ is getting creative in their naming conventions.
The same error appears for the IMDB lookup as well, so I'm guessing that isn't working either.

When you loaded the latest v6.11a STV, did you just install the .xml file or did you install the whole thing?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-19-2006, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

--Heidi
Hi Heidi,

looks like you dont have sagemc.jar in your JAR's directory. Shut down the client, extract the JAR file from the latest sagemc download, and start up again. The problem should be gone (and the IMDB lookup should start working too) ...

Dirk
Old 09-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Good to hear! If you are going to request a square button, I'm already on it. I'd also like to intensify the blue glow a bit on the button I already sent you. I think that'll help make it look better. Also, if you can tell me the font and font size you are using for the menu items, I can set up with that so I can maybe do a better job of getting the button to center over the text.

Aloha,
Mike
Ha! That is the one I was talking about! Thanks! The screenshots were using Verdonna which seems to look more like the iTV font, but I switched back to Trebuchet MS which I believe is the default MCE font. I need to tweak my sizes, but this is what I have right now.
ui/base_font_size=14
ui/heading_font_size=20
ui/title_font_size=22

Morgan
Old 09-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
[CODE]
When you loaded the latest v6.11a STV, did you just install the .xml file or did you install the whole thing?
Just the .xml. Someone somewhere (not going back to look or name names) said that would be the simplest was to update.

--Heidi
Old 09-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Heidi,

looks like you dont have sagemc.jar in your JAR's directory. Shut down the client, extract the JAR file from the latest sagemc download, and start up again. The problem should be gone (and the IMDB lookup should start working too) ...

Dirk

OK, I see there's now a 6.12, I'm on 6.11. So I need to download 6.12 and just extract and use the .xml and sagemc.jar files? Or do I need to start over with a full install of everything?

And after I update, I know I'll have to re import WebRadio and Movie Times .xml's. Right?

--Heidi
Old 09-19-2006, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just the .xml. Someone somewhere (not going back to look or name names) said that would be the simplest was to update.

--Heidi
Ok, ok. I guess there are always exceptions to the rule, right? (sorry about that)

Just copy the jar files from the download into the ...\SageTV\JARs\ folder and restart sage. That should do it. Of course, you might as well install v6.12 now.

Future Proof (resistant?) Method

Another way to avoid overwriting all your graphics customizations is to put all of the graphics in the appropriate subfolders in the images folder of the theme you use (i.e. Images_MC for the Windows MCE theme). Then after you do a complete install of any new SageMC version, just switch to a different theme and back. All of your graphics should then be restored.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-19-2006 at 05:46 PM.