SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Will the Vbox do Windows 2000?

Can't seem to find a definitive answer on this.

Anyone using this card with W2K?
Old 06-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

NO, look at the website for it and all you find are drivers for XP Pro and Home. Look at the install instructions, they only tell you how to install it in XP, that means Pro, Home, MCE are the only platforms designed for it.

So, No it will not work in 2000. 2000 is very limiting for things like HTPC apps, it's really more of a business OS than a home OS so many companies never did develop drivers for things like this, the market isn't big enough compared to XP.

Right now Vista is in the same boat with a lack of many drivers, but it will get supported because it's meant for this upcoming revolution in audio/video. Whether it delivers is yet to be seen, but I like it so far.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, just got mail from VBox:

SageTV works under W2K + Our card works with SageTV = Our card works with W2K
Old 06-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Try it then, but the logic is not straight. They forgot the drivers say XP required. In your email did they say they have drivers for 2000? Will XP drivers work on it? I know that sometimes drivers will work backwards, but I never count on it.

Personally I'd buy the card and try it out, it's not that expensive and it's a pretty nice card.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:02 AM

99% of the time any driver that support XP should also work in Win2000Pro with out any problem after all there share petty much the same DirectX contains codes and really XP is just redesigned interface and offers few more bells and whistles and more DRM plus phone home.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, I've always thought of Windows 2000 as a pick-up truck with hand crank windows and manual door locks...

...and Windows XP as a pickup truck with pretty pin stripes, power windows and locks, and six-thousand pounds of drywall in the bed.