SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-19-2006, 06:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Smile Yet more stuttering problems

First off can I say that my Sage box works great most of the time and I dont know how I'd live without it now, but I've had this one glitch since I started with Sage nearly a year ago that I can't seem to get rid of.

Sometimes (not always) when I finish watching a recording and go to Live TV, the video playback is eratic- fast then slow and the audio is very glitchy. To correct I change channel and then back again, and all is back to normal.

I sometimes get this when I start to watch a recording, and I have to stop it, change to a channel to watch, then restart the playback.

I'm on XP home, PVR350 with sage 5.0.4, though I had this problem with previous versions of sage. I have the version of Java that came with sage (I've tried newer versions too). I have Mcafee virusscan 8 (corporate) and have excluded all sage and recording directories. I've tried different sound cards, on board sound, different video cards. For decoders I've used Intervideo and Cyberlink, and have tried changing the audio decoders too. I still get the same problem. Its a bit like an old friend now.... always there to say hello to me when I've forgotten to say hello to him for a while.

I even got the same problem last night using a sage client on my other pc.

Its as if it starts reading a new mpeg file and gets itself mixed up.

I haven't tried the Nvidia decoders yet... that may be next weekends job after backing it up.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem or has any idea's of what to try next.

Thanks. Dave
Old 06-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

funny playback

If I can just clarify its not really a stutter, its like the audio plays for a fraction of a second and then stop, then repeats, all you hear is frequent high pitched squarks, and the video is going fast then slow, fast then slow.

I have spoken to 2 other friends who use sage and they both get this same problem periodically too.

Like I said most of the time its fine....