SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Epgdata.xml problem

Hi, i am using SageTV in conjuction with Mytheatre plugin to watch my sat channel, i am also using Xmltv2Mtepg to export my epg data to SageTV so far no problem except that my sat provider only give me 2 days of Epg so every night i call a task to export my epg data to Sage to the epgdata.xml file but the problem i have is that the epg in SageTV don't update with the new file i have to erase the wiz.bin and wiz.bak file to force Sage to update is epg but when deleting these file i am also losing all the information they contain wich is a big problem. Does anyone have a workaround for my problem ?

Thansk !
Old 06-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
Sage usaul asks for the epg data every 24 hours, look under help section and goto info. scoll down the list and it will say when the next epg update will happen. To force an update, just go into " Setup Video sources and select the dvb tuner and go into channel setup. Once in there, deselct a channel and then enable it again. This will force a epg update.

I also use the XMLTV import epg plugin and I get that script to run a batch file that runs XML program from MT. so when Sages updates every 24 hours, it make MT get the epg updates from certain epg transponders for all the FTA CHANNELS to use with sagetv.