SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Poor Koelek .. he thought this plug in was dead, replaced by the Slim server and it looks like many of us still love this STVi.

I second Owilsky's request. I had to turn off screensavers so I can check the bio's when that good oldie comes on
Old 04-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Poor Koelek .. he thought this plug in was dead, replaced by the Slim server and it looks like many of us still love this STVi.
I tried Slim Player, but I didn't the usability. UI is much Slim Server but little SageTV. So I went back to Simple Web Radio.
Please support it again....

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky View Post
I tried Slim Player, but I didn't the usability. UI is much Slim Server but little SageTV. So I went back to Simple Web Radio.
Please support it again....
I use slim player myself, mainly because of support for lastfm (which I use a lot, I love the feature of skipping a track when I don't like it) and the browsing to update the stations list. I also use a smal external LCD display which shows the slim server output, so I can navigate and see what's playing without turning on my tv.

Regarding the simple web radio I consider it finished. I am willing to do repair work, but there won't be major new enhancements by me. Next version will include full source code, so maybe someone else can take over.

- Chris
Old 04-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would love to use the Simserver based plugin, but for me it was extremely unstable due to the Softsqueeze instability. I tried it on three completely different systems, using varous java versions, XP/Vista/2003, and other variations and still saw the same bug. I submitted bug reports to Slimdevices and to the Sourceforge project but I don't think anyone listened.

Last edited by Madcoder; 04-21-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Maybe the next totally awesome dude will have the recordings record similar to the live TV feature so us MVP people can play too

Thanks for the work tho Kolek. I've used it every day since you released.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Sage User

Web Radio screen blank

My stationlist.txt file is located in programfiles\sagetv and programfiles\sagetv\sagetv yet no stations appear. Any thoughts?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

New Station To Add

Truly enjoying this STV. Really like the Biography that shows up when using the NowPlaying feature.

Here is another station to ad to your stationlist.txt file:
Radio Rexx,http://s1.radio.rexx.com:8150

Why you ask??? Cuz between 7PM and 9PM CST it features me (JimmyB) and my partner (ArJohn). We spin the platter and make with the chatter. Mostly classic rock and tonight we start our comedy segment .. The Chickenman Give us a try. BTW .. the station is good all day long.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 PM

Question Web Radio 1.2 Categories

Is it possible, through "stationlist.txt" or otherwise, to list stations under categories such as "Classical", "Jazz", "Latin" and so forth to simplify search under Web Radio v1.2? Thanks for your input.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Sage User

Sage Version 6.3?

Hi.

I have Sage ver. 6.3.5.159. Does your plugin work OK with that? Because I install it as you say in your first post here, but I get no station list when going into the plugin. Also, the two menu commands in the plugin "back" and "playback" are one on top of the other (though they work). The file "stationlist.txt" is created and look ok. Any help?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleyraki View Post
Hi.

I have Sage ver. 6.3.5.159. Does your plugin work OK with that? Because I install it as you say in your first post here, but I get no station list when going into the plugin. Also, the two menu commands in the plugin "back" and "playback" are one on top of the other (though they work). The file "stationlist.txt" is created and look ok. Any help?

Thanks
BTW, I get the same thing. using Default STV.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 01-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

This plugin is very much outdated so don't be surprised if you see some weird things happen. It does still work, though not too well anymore.

Everyone seems to have shifted to slim server which I found 100% too difficult to set up and once I did it didn't even work. I miss this plugin.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleyraki View Post
Hi.

Thanks
I haven't used this plugin for a while because I switched to slimplayer.
I tried importing webradio v1.2 in Sage 6.3.5.159 (and also in the latest 6.3.7 rc version) and I could not reproduce your problem. It works fine for me in the default STV. Evene retrieving the biography still works. The only issue is that the webradio menu item shows up in the online service menu in the old style (list based i.s.o table based). Also the radio urls in the default station list contains dead links. You have to update these to working urls. Openup some working shoutcast pls files and copy the url into the stationlist.txt file.

About your problem, Is it conflicting with other plugins that change the menu theme's ?

- Chris
Old 02-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Sage User

No Sound

I recently updated my Sage and Java to the latest versions:

Sage=6.3.5.159
Java=1.6.0_03

It seems that the stream is fetched, but no audio is produced. I've attached the log file.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt log4j.log.txt (2.3 KB, 270 views)
Old 02-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaberte View Post
I recently updated my Sage and Java to the latest versions:

Sage=6.3.5.159
Java=1.6.0_03

It seems that the stream is fetched, but no audio is produced. I've attached the log file.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
bump
Old 02-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Sage User

Does the Slimserver plugin work with the HD Extender? I know it doesn't work with MVP.