SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Sage User

Never mind

Please disregard my last post. I got everything working (quite easily). Thanks.

K
Old 04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

6.1.7 compatibility?

Has anyone gotten this plugin to work with 6.1.7 beta? After doing the import nothing appears in my Online menu.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:21 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppit View Post
Has anyone gotten this plugin to work with 6.1.7 beta? After doing the import nothing appears in my Online menu.
Yep, had it working OK with 6.1.7 (needed to repopulate the stationlist using the shoutcast method). Only thing that didn't work was the biography data.

http://www.osirisphoto.com
Old 04-06-2007, 04:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppit View Post
You add it either through using nielm's Dynamic menu plugin or through Studio. It just doesn't "show up". See the first post for instructions.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Sage Icon

anything for the MVP yet?
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 04-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think the only way we will see the extenders function with the radio would be to record the stream server side, similar to how live TV is recorded then send to the extender in file form.

Until something like that is done, its just not going to happen unfortunately.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

I thought this latest STV was supposed to add the web radio to the online services menu. I have sage 5 and after importing, I have nothing. To the best of my knowledge I'm not using any nielm menu thing.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've added the web radio to the online services menu with studio but when I select it the screen goes black and stops responding. HELP!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

If you are using studio, you are doing something wrong

Did you forget to import the stvi after installing it? (stupid question but I have done it before).

If that fails, try reinstalling then re-importing it. Also make sure you are not using the MC version.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

new version available

I've uploaded a new version of this popular plugin.
Version 1.2 fixes the not working artist info.
I've also updated the default station urls (when you run it for first time, a stationlist.txt file is created), because only one out of 5 was still working (internet station urls often change).

cheers,
- Chris

p.s. this plugin is compatible with sage 4, 5 and 6
Old 04-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
Yes, of course you can continue to use the web radio plugin if you are satisfied with it. But the Slim Player plugin has so much more to offer (see my previous post).

Ok, I've created a special for you (and any others experiencing stutter on some stations).
Please copy the attached webradio.zip file into the JARS folder in your current SageTV installation folder. Rename webradio.jar to webradio.jar.old and rename webradio.zip to webradio.jar.
This new jar will enable you to set the buffer size if you create a file called webradio.properties (be sure the extension is .properties and not .properties.txt) with the following line in it:

buffer=64000

and put this properties file in the same folder where the stationlist.txt resides.
The current buffersize default value (if you don't set the buffer property) is 16000.
You have to restart Sage for the new setting to become effective.

Hope this solves your problem.

- Chris
Hi Koelec.

Does the newest version support this webradio.properties file that you had made a special version for in the past so that it is still possible to have a larger buffer?

I never was able to fix that softsqueeze bug (dumping me to the desktop). It turned out to be a problem with softsqueeze, because I finally noticed that the bug also happens with the plain softsqueeze client. I had to go back to this older plugin as a result of all of that. Thanks for giving us an update to the old plugin.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post
Hi Koelec.

Does the newest version support this webradio.properties file that you had made a special version for in the past so that it is still possible to have a larger buffer?

I never was able to fix that softsqueeze bug (dumping me to the desktop). It turned out to be a problem with softsqueeze, because I finally noticed that the bug also happens with the plain softsqueeze client. I had to go back to this older plugin as a result of all of that. Thanks for giving us an update to the old plugin.
Yes it does include support for setting the buffer size via the webradio.properties file.
Thanks for reminding me. I'll update the version history list this.

- Chris
Old 04-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to say, Thank You, Thank You for the fix. I can now see the Bio info and all is once again well. I did not need the Slim Server extras, just wanted some radio and this fills the bill.

Thanks again .. good work.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
If you are using studio, you are doing something wrong

Did you forget to import the stvi after installing it? (stupid question but I have done it before).

If that fails, try reinstalling then re-importing it. Also make sure you are not using the MC version.
Yeah well I figured I must be doing something wrong, I don't have a clue how to use this studio thing. I'll try re-importing one more time.

Where's the MC/Non-MC version? I only see the one.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueH2O View Post
Yeah well I figured I must be doing something wrong, I don't have a clue how to use this studio thing. I'll try re-importing one more time.

Where's the MC/Non-MC version? I only see the one.
you dont have to use studio.
unzip the downloaded file into sagetv/sagetv folder.
restart sagetv
goto detailed setup/advanced setting/select import stvi choose
webradio-1.1.stvi to import.
goto online services and there should be a new menu item called web radio.

-Chris
Old 04-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think my installation problem may have been that I copied over an old stationlist.txt file into a new installation of SageTV. Maybe the initial import of the STVi couldn't handle an existing stationlist.txt file?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
I've uploaded a new version of this popular plugin.
Version 1.2 fixes the not working artist info.
I've also updated the default station urls (when you run it for first time, a stationlist.txt file is created), because only one out of 5 was still working (internet station urls often change).

cheers,
- Chris

p.s. this plugin is compatible with sage 4, 5 and 6
So the actual stvi did not change in V1.2? It is still webradio_import_1_1.stvi from 06-30-2006 in the zip file.

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky View Post
So the actual stvi did not change in V1.2? It is still webradio_import_1_1.stvi from 06-30-2006 in the zip file.
Yes, that's right. Maybe I should have renamed it to 1_2 to be more consistent.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Koelek, I was wondering if there was any way to fix one annoying bug plaguing the web radio plugin since the beginning.

I often leave the radio on for most of the day (to entertain my bird). If my internet connection drops (or the stations) the plugin obviously stops. The trouble comes when I attempt to either change stations or press the stop button. I will get the spinning sage icon of doom indefinitely until I force quit sage or hard-reboot the server.

This has happened 3 times this week. IS there any way to add a check into the plugin that will just stop if the connection drops?

Old 04-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Another feature request: Can you prevent the screensaver from appearing while music is playing? I want to see the "playing now" info but I do not want to turn the screensaver completely off.

Thanks,

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!