SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Sage User

Configuring Placeshifter Internet Connection

I've just installed 5.0.4 and I'm trying to get Placeshifter setup.

I have a linksys WRT54GS router and have UPnP enabled. This router has port forwarding and port triggering but no port mapping.

When I try to configure the placeshifter connection, it tells me that I do not have any devices with UPnP. So, I tried to manually configure my router but this router does not have port mapping.

I'm stuck as to how I can get placeshifter working.

Please help!

Thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvonac
I have a linksys WRT54GS router and have UPnP enabled.
Double check that UPnP is actually enabled on the router and make sure thr router's firmware is up to date, then restart SageTV.

You may need to let SageTV through your software firewall, but if it still can't detect UPnP on the router, then follow up with SageTV so they can see if there is an issue using that router. See this topic for more.

Quote:
This router has port forwarding and port triggering but no port mapping.

When I try to configure the placeshifter connection, it tells me that I do not have any devices with UPnP. So, I tried to manually configure my router but this router does not have port mapping.
I'm not really sure of the difference between port forwarding and mapping, but you want to forward port 31099 to the local IP address of your SageTV server PC on your local network.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Sage User

I have verified that UPnP is enabled and I also upgraded to the latest firmware.

I also set port forwarding to forward all requsts to 31099 to the ip where my Sage server is installed.

Lastly, I created an opening in my software firewall for port 31099....

Still it does not work.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Have you set windows firewall to allow SAGE-TV, I had the same problem and then realized that I did not allow Sagetv in windows firewall.

Last edited by Lostinpvr; 06-07-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Administrator

BTW: If you are using service mode, the firewall has to allow the service SageTVService.exe through on that port, not sagetv.exe.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostinpvr
Have you set windows firewall to allow SAGE-TV, I had the same problem and then realized that I did not allow Sagetv in windows firewall.
Yes, I did do that.

I played around with some settings on the router and I found that when I turned off "Filter Internet NAT Redirection", placeshifter now works!

Thanks for the help everyone!