SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

OTA guide data missing...

I recently installed an OTA HD card to complement my 4 internal cable tuning cards. There are a couple digital channels (PBS and PAX) that show "NO DATA" in the program guide. I have had other PBS shows where the show that is recorded is not as titled in sage recordings.

Any thoughts on a workaround?
Old 06-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Sage

We're working on it for V5.1
Old 06-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

Just for me!!! Thanks!

Let me know if you need me to test out anything.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've got to say when this is fixed it'd be hard to imagine what other things I'd want added or changed.

As is I love how it handles things and makes life easier all the way round.

Any idea of when we can expect 5.1?
Old 06-07-2006, 06:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
We're working on it for V5.1
I hope you are looking at how you define your regions. All the stations in my guide are north to east of me. So I must be in the south western edge of my region. When I point my antenna to the east not only do I get them but I also get the stations in the region to the east. That adds about a third more stations.

There is one exception. Several stations got together and built a tower. The problem is that the city pulled the building permit when the tower reached the 100 foot level and everything has been in ligation for years. Because of the lack of tower space one station has rented temporary tower space on an FM tower to the west. I have a separate tuner and antenna for this station. When I do a channel scan I found two other stations. They don't have guide info so I assume they are from the region to the west.

So you might say I live in three regions and need three different program guides.

Last edited by rfutscher; 06-07-2006 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, just a thought but maybe somebody in the know can answer.

It seems the answer is to use the xmltv program and get the data we wish. If we do that and can download the listings, then will that fix the issue's we all have with sagetv and the hd channel listings plus multiple areas?

I.e I'll get my 17.2 17.3 etc and he'll get listings from 2 areas? You can configure the lineups this way with zap2it so it seems to be a solution to using Sage and getting our listings populated prior to the 5.1 release.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:34 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummings66
OK, just a thought but maybe somebody in the know can answer.

It seems the answer is to use the xmltv program and get the data we wish. If we do that and can download the listings, then will that fix the issue's we all have with sagetv and the hd channel listings plus multiple areas?

I.e I'll get my 17.2 17.3 etc and he'll get listings from 2 areas? You can configure the lineups this way with zap2it so it seems to be a solution to using Sage and getting our listings populated prior to the 5.1 release.
I just set up XMLTV for this very reason, since about half of my digital sub-channels weren't getting any guide data.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Tell me how you did it. The version I have does not work fully in that it won't sort the tv listings at all.

What did you do and how did you do it? Versions of the programs might be useful since I think that's what has got me hung up.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummings66
Tell me how you did it. The version I have does not work fully in that it won't sort the tv listings at all.

What did you do and how did you do it? Versions of the programs might be useful since I think that's what has got me hung up.
I just followed the "Updated XMLTV How To" thread explicitly. Took me a few hours to figure it all out since I had no previous understanding of xmltv (even what it was) beforehand. Seems to working fine now and updating automatically each night. I highly recommend that thread. I wouldn't know where to start explaining what I did beyond just repeating what was said there.