SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Sage User

Program Folders Gone, Sage Gives Unwelcome Live TV After Recorded Show

So it's a double question. I've searched pretty thorougly for answers, please forgive me if I'm missing something stupid here.

First, Sage used to put all of the episodes of a show in a folder, so when I go to SageTV Recordings, I'd see program folders with the episodes inside. But now, the folders are gone and I just see dozens of different episodes of different shows. The folders still work as expected in the Archive area. How do I turn them back on in the Recordings area?

Second, when I'm done watching a recorded episode, instead of throwing me back into the UI menu, SageTV automatically switches me over to Live TV. I think the channel it's putting me on is whatever channel was last recorded on.

When I end a program, I just want to see the Recordings screen again (with folders). Please suggest solutions to me!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBevel
First, Sage used to put all of the episodes of a show in a folder, so when I go to SageTV Recordings, I'd see program folders with the episodes inside. But now, the folders are gone and I just see dozens of different episodes of different shows. The folders still work as expected in the Archive area. How do I turn them back on in the Recordings area?
While on SageTV Recordings screen, use the Options command for the options for how the list of recordings is displayed. The various choices are explained in the PDF manual, starting on p. 34 in the v5 manual. (The first paragraph of that section also links to the Options command description to show the default keys, etc.)

Quote:
Second, when I'm done watching a recorded episode, instead of throwing me back into the UI menu, SageTV automatically switches me over to Live TV. I think the channel it's putting me on is whatever channel was last recorded on.
It sounds like you are watching a recording that is in progress, in which case you will be in 'Live TV' mode, so when the current show is done, it will continue with the next show. It doesn't continue to the next show if the recording is done when you start watching it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Sage User

Good point on the Recording In Progress...that does happen and I expect it. But I have 40 or so recorded shows, and I'm watching the oldest...so it's all there already...and when the show is over, SageTV asks if I want it deleted, and after I make my choice there, it kicks me over to live TV. So it's not a recording in progress.

Thanks for the tip on the folders, that worked.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Administrator

What STV are you using? The System Information screen will report the STV file name.

If you are using the default STV, have you edited it at all, including applying any import customizations?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Sage User

Default STV, no edits.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Administrator

When live TV begins, are you on a menu & the video is shown behind all the menu options? If so, use the Options command to configure the Video Menu Options & change Display Video on Menus to something other than "Always".

- Andy
Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Sage User

I've got it only displaying video through the menu "If Active", so when I'm in the SageTV Recordings screen, normally there's no video behind the UI.

But when I watch and then delete an old program, Sage doesn't send me back to the UI, instead it just kicks right onto a live TV channel. I then have to press "Stop" to get back to the UI.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Administrator

And what menu does it go to when you use Stop like that?

What version are you using & what does it say about the STV on the system info screen? I don't see anything in the STV that would cause it to play Live TV after an existing recording stops instead of returning to the recordings menu.

- Andy
Old 06-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Sage User

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, Opus.

And, Um...this is kind of embarrassing...it stopped. I just watched a show, and Sage went right back to the Recorded Programs UI.

I know the only answer left is that I was doing something stupid, so oh well. Thanks for all your help!

Oh, and I don't know if you got my PM a couple of weeks ago, but you fixed a big problem for me in someone else's thread regarding the Sage Properties file and Ignored Tuners. Thanks again.