SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

PVR150 MCE

Does the PVR150 MCE card work with the Hauggauge remote and IR Blaster? Or do only the non-MCE PVR cards work with these.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Administrator

The MCE models do not come with the Hauppauge remote (there is no IR port on the card), unless you buy the kit with the MCE remote. See their PVR product comparison.

If you already have another PVR card w/a remote, then adding an MCE model might make it difficult to use the Hauppauge remote, since the IR driver can't tell the difference between a card w/the IR port & one w/o it. You can force a PVR-USB2's remote to work, though.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Currently I'm using a Firefly remote, which I was hoping to get rid of here.

So if I added a normal PVR150 and tried to use the Hauppauge remote it would have difficulty? Crud. I was hoping to do that too. (A friend is giving me his PVR150 w/ remote and blaster). Crud, crud, crud.

I'm having nothing but problems getting this to work right. My new AV-710 isn't passing through DD audio. My amp is picking it up as stereo from the SPDIF out, when I play DVD's. My AOpen (never buy from them) Geforce 6200, isn't letting me use Component out b/c according to Nvidia I need to update my VGA BIOS and AOpen for whatever god forsaken reason does not release BIOS updates for any of their video cards. You have to beg and plead with the techs at AOpen to give you one, and I'm not sure they've ever accomodated anyone. So THAT doesn't work.

And now I can't even get rid of my Firefly remote, which I hate, b/c it's soooo flakey!

My gaming PC update went as smooth as silk, but my PVR upgrade is giving me headaches at every turn.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Some people did not have a problem with the remote, but it is a bit of a coin toss. There might be a work-around for the Hauppauge driver issue towards the end of this thread.

A USB-UIRT would get around it & allow using almost any remote you want, but that's another purchase, of course.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, "another purchase" unfortunately isn't in the cards. If it costs more than $0, it's not an option for me.

I may be returning my Geforce 6200 and picking up a new one, from Asus or eVGA, or anybody other than AOpen. As long as it can actually output through the component out, I'll take it. I just couldn't believe that. The card has component out. It's advertised as supporting HDTV output through both DVI and analog component. But the component connects not only don't work, but there's not way to get them to work.

And AOpen's tech support is borderline criminal from what I've seen so far. People ask for BIOS updates and the tech's tell them to ship the card back to them and they'll do it. It's insane.