SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Sage Icon

Blips / On The Hour / File Numbers

Why does Sage do these things:

1. Sometimes if I'm listening to music or even watching a show right on the hour there is this "quick blip" as if it is saving the file or something. It's really annoying especially with shows that do not end on the hour.

2. I ran the MTSA program which is part of the movietimes plugin as a test (normally I run this scheduled at night) and I'm not sure if this was a coincidence or not but I also unplugged my router to reset the internet. However, I'm running SageControl on a server so the router and cable modem should have no effect on recording shows. Anyway, Sage created a second file for one of the movies I was recording. It was as if it stopped in the middle of recording a manually scheduled program and then started recording it again. I don't understand this but I have a gut feeling it was triggerred by me unplugging my router and cable modem (I could not access the internet so I needed to restart that). Again, that should have no effect on SageControl but some how it seems like it did.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-03-2006, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

1) It IS saving a file or something. If the program you're watching is 1 hour long and you're in Live TV, it is recording a second file on the hour when the program changes. It creates a second file and thus the blip.

2) Look at how busy your hard drive is when you run MTSA and the number of posters it is trying to save to your hard drive. Your drive was overworked and basically interrupted the current recording which caused the recording to hesitate and break so it began a second file to try and record it. Take a look and there is probably a lost period of time between the two which may be as low as 1 or 2 seconds. And your CPU was probably close to being pegged also. That's why you want to run the Movie Times at a time when nothing is really going on with your Sage server. (I'm not sure why you continue to call the Server portion of Sage "SageControl". I'm not really sure what you're talking about because nothing from Sage is called that. I'm guessing you're referring to Sage Server.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
(I'm not sure why you continue to call the Server portion of Sage "SageControl". I'm not really sure what you're talking about because nothing from Sage is called that. I'm guessing you're referring to Sage Server.)

Gerry
He may be refering to the "SageTVServiceControl" app.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:58 AM
SageTVaholic

OK-got ya. I'm just use to everyone calling it Sage Server Service (If you have enabled the Service thru the SageTVServiceControl app) or Sage Server GUI if you NOT running the service and using the GUI portion for Sage Server. To me, the SageTVServiceControl either enables or disables the Sage Server Service. (So we can use either SSS or SSGUI-a new ancronym. )

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.