SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
Want to purchase MVP license (but for 4.1)

I was hoping someone here might know if I can purchase an MVP license from sagetv.com's website, and have it work on my current sagetv 4.1 system. All my clients, and current sagetv server are at 4.1. And I dont really want to pay to upgrade all of them right now...but mostly I just dont have time to *deal with* any fallout from upgrading all the clients, the server, and the mvp.

So I was hoping I can just go purchase a license for the MVP on their website, and then *install* the license on my 4.1 sagetv server. And not have problems or have it not work. I think it says it will only work with version 5.0 of sage tv.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

The license key is generic so it should work with your 4.1 setup.

Note that there is no cost involved in upgrading your set-up to 5.02.....
Old 05-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
The license key is generic so it should work with your 4.1 setup.
Cool. I was hoping that was the case. I will go ahead and purchase it now, and get it running hopefully as easy as the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
Note that there is no cost involved in upgrading your set-up to 5.02.....
ooooh, thats nice. I guess I was thinking that to upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0 there would be a fee for each client/server. I never actually read the license page yet on sagetv.com, because I just dont have time to mess with an upgrade. But that is good to know.

I will plan on doing the upgrade when I have more free time some weekend.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Things changed a bit with the v5 licenses -- they are not backward compatible with previous versions, though previous licenses can be used with v5. You can't use a v5 SageTV license with a previous SageTV version, so if the store says the same thing about the MVP license, I would expect them to require v5 also.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Things changed a bit with the v5 licenses

Opus4: Are you aware of any problems doing an upgrade to 5.x with licenses? Since I have many MediaMVP's running now, as well as multiple SageTV clients. I just wondered if there were any kinks in upgrading all the SageTV client PC's to 5.0 (I mean in relation to their licenses)

I thought I saw a thread where someone was having problems with their 4.x licenses on a 5.x platform?

Just thought I would ask before I take the plunge and start upgrading 5.0 on the server and all pc's

Thanks
Old 07-14-2006, 11:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingra
Opus4: Are you aware of any problems doing an upgrade to 5.x with licenses? Since I have many MediaMVP's running now, as well as multiple SageTV clients. I just wondered if there were any kinks in upgrading all the SageTV client PC's to 5.0 (I mean in relation to their licenses)

I thought I saw a thread where someone was having problems with their 4.x licenses on a 5.x platform?

Just thought I would ask before I take the plunge and start upgrading 5.0 on the server and all pc's

Thanks
Important thing seems to be make sure that you have Sage exited and/or the Sage service off before you go and enter the MVP licenses.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingra

Thanks
I've had the same SageTV license since Sage 1.x and it's worked fine every time. Likewise for my Client licenses I've purchased since then.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
I've had the same SageTV license since Sage 1.x and it's worked fine every time. Likewise for my Client licenses I've purchased since then.
OK

thanks