SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Started using Sage as a Service Question

Hi
Started to use Sage as a service.
Reconfigured some paths so that they are UNC rather than drive letters.
Problem
I see duplicates of every photo. It is like it is reading the old path and new.
I have removed the original mappings and am only using the ones specificed in Sage. I have also deleted the thumbnail directory but it still says twice the number of photos when generating new thumbnails. I think this might be the case for my MP3's but I haven't checked yet. Help?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 05-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Sage Expert

Have you tried "Refresh imported media"?
Old 05-26-2006, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

I sometimes have to remove all import directories and refresh imported media or even restart Sage. That usually completely clears things out so nothing shows up. Then I can add the new directory without having duplicates.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had an issue like this as well. In order to really clear out my import database, I needed to set some property in sage.properties. What I had to do was:

1. remove the import directories from sage setup
2. shutdown sagetv ui and service
3. there's a setting in sage.properties that you need to set to true. I don't remember the exact one, but it had something to do with "make imported media files local" or something like that. I'll try to find it.
4. start the sage service and ui. It will clean out it's database and reset the value back to false so you don't need to re-edit the properties file.
5. Re-add the media import directories with your new paths.

Does anyone remember the name of this sage.properties property?

EDIT: found the thread here

Last edited by emok; 05-26-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Good stuff. That did the trick.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emok
I had an issue like this as well. In order to really clear out my import database, I needed to set some property in sage.properties. What I had to do was:

1. remove the import directories from sage setup
2. shutdown sagetv ui and service
3. there's a setting in sage.properties that you need to set to true. I don't remember the exact one, but it had something to do with "make imported media files local" or something like that. I'll try to find it.
4. start the sage service and ui. It will clean out it's database and reset the value back to false so you don't need to re-edit the properties file.
5. Re-add the media import directories with your new paths.

Does anyone remember the name of this sage.properties property?

EDIT: found the thread here
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 05-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

glad it worked!