SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Any MVP Visualizations plug-ins?

I am looking to find out what the fourm knows....

I was playing around with my MVP to get ready for a party (it's hooked up to my main receiver in the house which pumps music throughout the house). I was putting together a playlist, etc. In doing so, I notice one of the options was "Visualizations." I clicked on it hoping I would see some sort of "fancy screen saver" for the TV the MVP is attached to, or ideally a choice of options to select from. No dice, all I got was a black screen.

So, is this something that is actually suppose to be functional? If so, what do I need to do to make it functional? Otherwise, I will throw this out as a plug-in idea for those more Javaly adept and Studio inclined.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Administrator

No, the visualizations don't show up via the MVP. There will probably be some sort of alternate music playback display for the MVP in the future.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
No, the visualizations don't show up via the MVP. There will probably be some sort of alternate music playback display for the MVP in the future.

- Andy
You are such a tease... would this altenative playback display only affect the MVP, or would a regular client benefit as well?
Old 05-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Administrator

I'm not announcing some big new feature. I just mean that currently, the MVP doesn't show anything where you would see a music visualization on a PC client. _Something_ will probably be put there in its place for the MVP some time.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

Well bummer --- sortof
Old 05-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Andy!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Sage User

Any Updates on MVP Visualizations??

I haven't seen much so I will ask....

Is there any visualizations that can be played through the MVP's (other that the stock album info)? I am looking for the bright/colored/moves to the beat/ type visualizatins that you get with Winamp etc.

Does SageMC have anything? Any other Sage plugin?

Local Sage Machine: NVIDIA nForce 680I LT SLI Motherboard, Intel® Core™2 Quad processor with 8MB cache, 2 GB of PC5400 DDR2, 7.1 channel Integrated audio, gigabit LAN, GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI-Express video. HDHR and PCI NVidea dual tuner.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah this area needs some pretty decent rework, the current SS only lets you logo or slideshow. The major issue is I seen know way of configuring the slideshow, I have many many and sometimes grandma's funeral pops up. It would be nice to just have a SS folder and let the user add specific images there, or flag pictures in the library to be used with the screensaver.

This would also offload a bunch of work too, as most of my library is 3+ mega pixel. All of my clients are MVPs so I could make 640x480 SS copies and keep them in that directory. The server wouldn't need to resize them each switch.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
Yeah this area needs some pretty decent rework, the current SS only lets you logo or slideshow. The major issue is I seen know way of configuring the slideshow, I have many many and sometimes grandma's funeral pops up. It would be nice to just have a SS folder and let the user add specific images there, or flag pictures in the library to be used with the screensaver.

This would also offload a bunch of work too, as most of my library is 3+ mega pixel. All of my clients are MVPs so I could make 640x480 SS copies and keep them in that directory. The server wouldn't need to resize them each switch.
Just in case you are using SageMC, you can set a filter expression (regexp) for the slide show images.

Dirk