SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Wish we could get an update on the iTV theme...
I'll see if I can throw you a bone tonight. (Might be late)
Old 10-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm thinking you may be willing to wait for the iTV theme in order to get such functionality. No?
Umm...well of course. I've always wanted a CD player, and Sage just refuses to listen to my cries of help...

Quote:
I'll see if I can throw you a bone tonight. (Might be late)
Awesome! I will look forward to it, but don't feel pressured, just wondering how it was going.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Yup.

You'll have to ask Morgan about the iTV theme. I've provided him all the graphics that he has asked for so far.

But the delay might actually be my fault. I sent him a PM a week or so ago and asked him to look into creating a CD Player import for SageMC from the WMP plugin. Based on some recent posts in that forum it looks like he is working on it. I'm thinking you may be willing to wait for the iTV theme in order to get such functionality. No?

Aloha,
Mike
Hold on... WHAT? Someone is working on an iTV theme? Hahaha that's so awesome. Will it have all the cool "apple like" animations and all? I'd love to hear some more about this. Is there a threat for it?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus79m
Hold on... WHAT? Someone is working on an iTV theme? Hahaha that's so awesome. Will it have all the cool "apple like" animations and all? I'd love to hear some more about this. Is there a threat for it?
Well it may not be quite what you think. I liked the look of the iTV screens when I saw them but didn't want to maintain a whole STV. So I just played with modifications to the graphics for SageMC with a black background and glowing buttons (with Mike help!), and some extra lines via an import. I haven't really done much but will create a page for it and get feedback and any graphics that people would like to contribute. I would like to find some higher contrast and coloruful icons similar to those used on the iTV as well. I have done some searching, but it can be hard to find good free ones.

You can see a sample in the weather map attachments here and in the thread where it was first brought up here.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Well it may not be quite what you think. I liked the look of the iTV screens when I saw them but didn't want to maintain a whole STV. So I just played with modifications to the graphics for SageMC with a black background and glowing buttons (with Mike help!), and some extra lines via an import. I haven't really done much but will create a page for it and get feedback and any graphics that people would like to contribute. I would like to find some higher contrast and coloruful icons similar to those used on the iTV as well. I have done some searching, but it can be hard to find good free ones.
You know what, I still think that is pretty cool. I'm kinda tired of all the blue in everything and something like this would be a welcome change. I think it would be great if the "subject headings" could be as neat as the iTV ones as well. The iTV theme looks so nice cause it is black and elegant, with some very intruiging birghtly colord icons to the right. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Wish we could get an update on the iTV theme...
Sorry Geogecko, you will have to wait a little longer . I keep getting server errors while trying to upload the zip in the downloads section. Looks like they're notified and I should be able to get it up tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, well, thanks for trying to upload it. It will be interesting to see it though.

Can't wait.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:55 AM
Sage Icon

Has v6 changed the way music is tagged? Tons of additional 'artists' are appearing in my My Music section now. Little deviations in names now result in multiple artists being shown. I can't remember but is there a way in the My Music section to sort by Folder?
Thanks,
JUC

oh--and can't wait to see that iTV skin Morgan111!!!
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-12-2006, 05:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Has v6 changed the way music is tagged? Tons of additional 'artists' are appearing in my My Music section now. Little deviations in names now result in multiple artists being shown. I can't remember but is there a way in the My Music section to sort by Folder?
Thanks,
JUC

oh--and can't wait to see that iTV skin Morgan111!!!
Yeah, this has been reported multiple times now...
The SageAPI in the new v6 core is returning a different result than in v5. I have to adjust the code accordingly.

You can use 'My Music Files' instead of 'My Music' (options menu in Main menu) to browse your music files

Dirk
Old 10-12-2006, 05:30 AM
Sage Icon

ah-forgot about 'My Music Files' section. Not as slick but should do for now. Thanks,
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 10-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to AtomicPenguin
First off, to the developers of this customization - thanks for the work as this is an excellent add-in for SageTV.

My question is this. I disabled under the SageMC options the 'Play Sounds' feature. The problem is that I'm still hearing sounds when navigating through the menus or going back to previous menus. Does STV need to be restarted for it to take effect?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Delete - because it was the wrong show

Hello,

First, I have to say, after using Sage for a few months now, I recently started playing with this theme and I love it !!!!

I am still finding my way around and getting it just right, but I have a feature that I am missing from the standard theme.

When I delete a show, I used to be prompted to, among other things, delete the show "because it was the wrong recording", which would tell Sage to try to capture the show again. This was really handy when the EPG data and actual airing didn't match, or when there was a problem with the capture.

Is there a way to add this to the current delete menu ?

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

For anyone interested---i noticed that Morgan111's iTV theme is now in the Downloads Section!!!!! Looks pretty cool
juc

Old 10-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
For anyone interested---i noticed that Morgan111's iTV theme is now in the Downloads Section!!!!! Looks pretty cool
juc
Cool. What does the import change from the default SageMC?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Sage Expert

A few questions.

1) When searching by Person or by Title, the results list all previously viewed shows as well. This doesn't happen on a Keyword search. In the default STV, there is a separate listing for past shows. Is there any way to add this functionality to SageMC? I don't really need to know all the previous airings of a show...

2) Not sure if this one is a bug or not. When I click Additional Airings, it doesn't list anything that is currently airing. For example, if a show is airing at 11:00-11:30pm, and I check additional airings at 11:13pm, it won't be listed. It only lists everything that hasn't started yet.

Thanks.

-Peter
Old 10-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
Is there a way to specify which screen SageMC goes back to after I delete a file?

My 'watchflow' is as follows:
1 - pick a recording to watch, either from the recent recordings or all recordings screens
2 - this takes me to the show detail screen, where I click play
3 - finish the show, delete it in the screen that pops up*

At this point, I am returned back to the show details screen. Can I instead specify that I want to go 'back' one further (either to the recent or all recordings screens) automagically, as opposed to having to click back one more time (which is clearly too much work ).

*Also, is it possible to change the order of the menu items that appear here? I almost always want to delete the show, so it would be nice if it were the default.
just in case anyone missed it...
Old 10-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
Hi Dirk

I noticed an odd thing. When I on my mvp try to change theme eg to MCE style, the Sage service on the server crash and when I try to restart the service it gives the error "File not found". I had to re-install Sage to make the service work again.

Its not a big deal but thougt it was best to report it here.
No one but me had this problem before?

Does anyone know if the style can be set in the property file?

Thanks
rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 10-12-2006, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
No one but me had this problem before?

Does anyone know if the style can be set in the property file?

Thanks
rtengvad
I've never had that specific problem. However, because of the way the themes work in SageMC, I've never found a way to have a different theme on the MVP from what is on the server. When a new theme is chosen, the contents of that theme's images folder is used to overwrite the 'in use' images folder. The SageMC UI on both the MVP and the server point to that same images folder. Basically, I never change the theme using the MVP. I only change it on the server. Then I have to stop and restart sage on the server completely (including the service) for the graphics to be properly picked up on the MVP. Obviously this is something I don't want to be doing very often. Your problem is probably related.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I will second this. I though it was just my problem but since someone else reported this. Maybe it's a bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicPenguin
First off, to the developers of this customization - thanks for the work as this is an excellent add-in for SageTV.

My question is this. I disabled under the SageMC options the 'Play Sounds' feature. The problem is that I'm still hearing sounds when navigating through the menus or going back to previous menus. Does STV need to be restarted for it to take effect?
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 10-12-2006, 04:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicPenguin

I will second this. I though it was just my problem but since someone else reported this. Maybe it's a bug?

You will need to restart the STV for this setting to take effect.

Dirk
Closed Thread