SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk99
No, i unzipped it. Should i just rename?
Yeah, rename it and restart sage. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, that was it. All working now

Now i have to go through all settings. It's a big change from the basic stv...wow!

It appears i have lost my favourites though....I still have them when i'm in the standard stv, but when i use this one, they are gone....the upcoming recordings i mean.
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks, that was it. All working now

Now i have to go through all settings. It's a big change from the basic stv...wow!

It appears i have lost my favourites though....I still have them when i'm in the standard stv, but when i use this one, they are gone....the upcoming recordings i mean.
Glad to hear it's working. We had a problem a few months back where if there was a timed manual recording scheduled as the next up to record, all upcoming recordings would disappear. This was strictly a display issue and I'm pretty sure flachbar fixed it. But maybe this is another manifestation of the same kind of issue. I really don't know. You could try scheduling a regular manual recording to start in the next time slot and see if everything magically reappears. It might help with the diagnosis at least. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
It looks like *this* is the problem for all your issues ... You don't have to extract the JAR files contained in the zip themselves, they have to be extracted into the JARs folder. So you should have sagemc.jar and nielm_sageimdb.jar in the JARs directory. If you extract the class files, the java code will not be picked up by Sage.
Dirk
Ahhh... in my download it's showing sagemc.zip. I suppose I just need to rename that to sagemc.jar.

Otherwise, thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to trying out the additional features, but I've run into a bug w/ v6 right now that I'm trying to work out with Sage CS that's preventing me from playing for a while (the "dual hd tuner in v6 post in the Beta forum). Thanks though!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Are you keeping the old interface for pictures and music in MC, using the new ones in 6.0 or creating a new one altogether because right now I still see the old interface.....
I haven't played around with the new picture/music screens in V6.0 very much, but I dont think they would fit very well into the SageMC design. Of course I'll strive to enhance the existing SageMC views in the future (especially the music library), but this will take time

Dirk
Old 10-09-2006, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Can you post your Sage.properties / SageClient.properties file ? Maybe it's some property setting which isnt playing nicely, so I can reproduce it ...

Dirk
Old 10-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC seems to only show upcoming recordings for the next few days. Not sure if this is by design or a bug; favourites will (in my experience) return to the upcoming recordings screen once they are two or three days away.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Dirk

I noticed an odd thing. When I on my mvp try to change theme eg to MCE style, the Sage service on the server crash and when I try to restart the service it gives the error "File not found". I had to re-install Sage to make the service work again.

Its not a big deal but thougt it was best to report it here.

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980

Last edited by rtengvad; 10-09-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I will revert that change and upload a fixed STV version tonight.

Dirk
The 6.13a download package has been updated.

Dirk
Old 10-09-2006, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney
SageMC seems to only show upcoming recordings for the next few days. Not sure if this is by design or a bug; favourites will (in my experience) return to the upcoming recordings screen once they are two or three days away.
The standard lookahead for scheduling favorite recordings is 3 days. You can change this up to 14 days in the properties file. This thread has the details for changing it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Sage Icon

IMDB bug?

Got this error just now, trying to IMDB lookup some videos:

Quote:
Failed when loading SageIMDB class: Failed to load DbBackend class net.sf.sageplugins.sageimdb.ImdbWebBackend
java.lang.ClassFormatError:
net/sf/sageplugins/sageimdb/ImdbWebBackend (illegal constant pool type)
Has that one been found and fixed, or is it new? 6.13a (the first one) here, V6, JRE 1.4.2 right now. Also, this appears to only be when I try to manually IMDB lookup something. TV shows that are recording are getting IMDB info automatically.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to change the way the EPG looks in SageMC? Such as columns/fonts/rows? I could swear I saw this somewhere or was it in the Malore menus only? Could I use the sage.properties file to change these?

I found these:
ui/default_epg_num_cols - num columns in the default EPG
ui/default_epg_num_rows - num rows in the default EPG
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 10-09-2006, 07:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc
Is there a way to change the way the EPG looks in SageMC? Such as columns/fonts/rows? I could swear I saw this somewhere or was it in the Malore menus only? Could I use the sage.properties file to change these?

I found these:
ui/default_epg_num_cols - num columns in the default EPG
ui/default_epg_num_rows - num rows in the default EPG
You can access the number of columns/row through the options menu in the Guide screen. The font colors are accessible in the SageMC Options screen under Settings/Detailed Setup/Advanced. To change the font, you will probably have to hunt down the settings in the properties file and change them manually. Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 10-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

New bugs that I have notices since upgrading to v6

I found some time over the weekend to upgrade to the v6 beta and have noticed a few issues. Given the legnth of this thread, I do not know if they are "known issues," but I figure I ought to let you know incase... Overall, it is working well and I really like the way that google was added- nicer than in the origional stv! So here are the bugs I have-

-When viewing the music by artist, the artists names include other tags so that they become listed multipe times. This has already been reported. I only have this problem with the new beta with the sageMC stv. I do not have it with the old sage version with sageMC or with the beta and sagetv.stv. This is the biggest bug for me, as my wife keeps asking what happened to the music!

-With the beta and the sagemc_beta.stv, the watched bar does not show the comskip bars, nor does the osd. I think it still skips normally, but when it jumps ahead, the osd does not pop-up (I do have it set in the sageMC options to do so). I also cannot skip ahead by pushing the right arrow like I used to. If I use the non-beta stv, these problems are not there.

-After starting the google video, the hover icons are not animated.

-The preview window that is normally in the lower left of the screen stays there when viewing the 10 day weather forcast. This window winds up covering one of the 10 days.

The first bug is the biggest for me and the rest are just things I have noticed. But I aint complaining!

Thanks again for all your efforts- thanks to you I am so glad now that I switched to sage from myHTPC. It has continued to get better and better.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:38 PM
SageTVaholic

IMDB manual search

Is this broken now? I am unable to type anything in the form with KB or remote.

Sage 6.0.11 and 6.13a using SageTV60beta.xml, webserver 2.9.

TIA

B
Old 10-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Sage Expert

I'm running 5.0.4 and SageMC 6.13a, and I keep gettiing this error message in the debug file when I try to use the IMDB lookup:

Mon 10/9 23:14:41.148 Catbert Method Lookup Failure for:sagemc_IMDBCache_getImage
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sagemc.IMDBCache

Any ideas what's wrong? I think a file must be in the wrong place, but I don't know which one.

-Peter
Old 10-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Can you post your Sage.properties / SageClient.properties file ? Maybe it's some property setting which isnt playing nicely, so I can reproduce it ...

Dirk
Hi Dirk,

Do you mean putting the entire text in here? Or do you mean send it to you? If i need to put it in here, let me know how to do that....just c/p?
Anyway, in the original sage stv there is an option to manage the favorites. Is there a similar option in the sagemc? The way i see it now is that favorites are called 'series' in sagemc...right?

Thanks (especially for you quick responses!!).

Henk
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:52 AM
Sage Icon

I'm also having problems with the auto TV IMDB coverart. I can manually right click on a show and bring up the IMDB info/coverart however when I click save it just brings me back to the recordings list and doesn't save the coverart. Auto retrieval is enabled in the SageMC OPtions. Is there anything else I should have to do for it to start retrieving the coverarts? Also--i should not have to be clicking 'save' correct? I believe it should automatically retrieve the covers? I had it working prior to 6.0 and just did a clean install of everthing yesterday and noticed this. Do I have to install the IMDB jars as well from nielm?
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC

Last edited by JUC; 10-10-2006 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mon 10/9 23:14:41.148 Catbert Method Lookup Failure for:sagemc_IMDBCache_getImage
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sagemc.IMDBCache
Quote:
Is this broken now? I am unable to type anything in the form with KB or remote.

Important: A lot of the problems currently seen are caused by the following:

I initially thought that when people were talking about a sagemc.zip in the JARs directory that this is the one I attached as an update to one of the earlier posts here in the forum. I just noticed that it is also present in the current download file Please check your JARs directory, if you have a sagemc.zip instead of a sagemc.jar in there, stop Sage, rename the file to *.jar, and restart

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 10-10-2006 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Dirk,

Do you mean putting the entire text in here? Or do you mean send it to you? If i need to put it in here, let me know how to do that....just c/p?
Anyway, in the original sage stv there is an option to manage the favorites. Is there a similar option in the sagemc? The way i see it now is that favorites are called 'series' in sagemc...right?

Thanks (especially for you quick responses!!).

Henk
Hi Henk,

just post a response here and attach the file (the option is below the 'Reply to' form, "Manage Attachments"). You just have to upload one file, if you are using a client or SageTV in service mode, then it's SageClient.properties, otherwise it's Sage.properties.

And yes, favorites in SageMC are called 'Series', and the menu option 'Add Series' will let you manage your favorites.

Dirk
Closed Thread