SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

**Feature Requests**

Hi Dirk,

I love the IMDB integration, and with the sorting by genre (especially with Mike's icons) it is awesome.

I am hoping that the same sorting and view can be applied to the Recorded TV screen. I would also like to see secondary and possibly tertiary sorting options. For example:

Let's say I have recordings going 3 or four seasons back for a particular show, I would like to be able to sort by:

Genre -- Show -- Season or
Genre -- Show -- Episode of any season

etc.

TIA

B
Old 09-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm still getting this error or bug when viewing the guide. Photo attached.
I just did a clean re-install of Sage and SageMC with the latest versions of each and still have the problem. Thought it might get fixed but has not. I believe the overlapping only happens with video is stopped in the preview box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagemc_error.jpg (23.5 KB, 231 views)
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Sage Icon

Video Recording Database & Search Engine

I am searching for a better video management catalog. I am using the default SageTV STV. When viewing the "SageTV Recordings" or "Archieved Recordings" the presentation of video recordings is OK if the number of recordings is limited to several dozen, or maybe even one hundred.

However, when there are thousands of recordings, those catalogs are not very usable. I am expanding my SageTV system. It is currently over 1 TB of disk, and I plan to add more disk in the future. I would like to have a video catalog system where it is easy to search for videos and create playlists.

My audio computer system uses MusicMatch which is easy to sort though thousands of audio tracks. Since I built the audio computer jukebox, I haven't listened to music directly on CDs in years. The hassle of locating audio tracks on individual music CDs is gone. Now, I would like to do the same thing with video. I would like to have the same flexibilty to search for video tracks with a better catalog system.

I was looking for a screenshot of the video catalog in SageMC 16X9 to determine if it would be better at managing thousands of video recordings.

I tried SageMC 16x9 quite awhile ago, but switched back to the orginal STV when I discovered that the search feature did not narrow the search as each charactor is typed. Narrowing the search as each charactor is typed improves the usablity of searches considerably if the exact spelling is not known.

Please let me know if anyone knows of a better way to manage and search for video recordings than the current default SageTV STV.

Dave
Old 09-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan
Please let me know if anyone knows of a better way to manage and search for video recordings than the current default SageTV STV.
Ummm.... I hate to do this to you... yeah, I know a better way to search for songs or videos, in the default STV even... but, sorry, I just can't show it to you yet. Make a note to yourself to ask again in a different thread when the beta forum comes to life... whenever that might be.

<Now back to SageMC topics>

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Ummm.... I hate to do this to you... yeah, I know a better way to search for songs or videos, in the default STV even... but, sorry, I just can't show it to you yet. Make a note to yourself to ask again in a different thread when the beta forum comes to life... whenever that might be.

- Andy

Andy....you've done it again.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4

- Andy
Oh sure... keep throwing chum in the water!

-Jason
Old 09-30-2006, 05:04 AM
Sage Expert

A big suggestion -- update the 1st message with a FAQ or a pointer to a FAQ. Reading this thread to figure out how it works is asking way too much.

At this point, I only have a few questions

1. Is there a navigation guide. I'm finding navigation is very clumsy and inconsistent, so I must be missing something... (I also haven't tried to use the remote with it yet...)

2. How do I get grouped shows ordered by original air date (this is a must for me. I watch a lot of reruns that are not necessarily recorded in the order that they need to be viewed)

3. What files does it use for commercial skip? txt or edl.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 09-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Sage client crashed, and now...

All but 1 of my videos that I had imported and IMDB'd are back in the unassigned category (over 400 shows now). Why me????

Is there a fast and easy way to redo this all? And how can I keep this from happening again? Sage was running fine, I shut it down to change the XP screensaver (got reset with new nvidia drivers) and when I rebooted the computer and tried to start Sage Client, the popup window came up for 3-4 seconds, then went away. after several tries, it finally loaded sage, but now with no genre info.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770
A big suggestion -- update the 1st message with a FAQ or a pointer to a FAQ. Reading this thread to figure out how it works is asking way too much.
There is WAY too much info in this thread... Try this URL for a WIKI post on SageMC... It does need to be updated however...

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169

If you are looking for how to install the 'bulk' of SageMC then take a look at my signature...

Quote:
1. Is there a navigation guide. I'm finding navigation is very clumsy and inconsistent, so I must be missing something... (I also haven't tried to use the remote with it yet...).
SageMC is designed to be ran *WITH* a remote... It is usually self explanatory as far as the menus go, however there is no 'Back' or 'Main Menu' buttons, which is why you normally need a remote.

Quote:
2. How do I get grouped shows ordered by original air date (this is a must for me. I watch a lot of reruns that are not necessarily recorded in the order that they need to be viewed).
GREAT suggestion... I personally love the 'Grouped' setting, but there does need to be a selectable 'Sort' function for use WITH the 'Grouped' setting. Dirk is always being hit up for new suggestions, but this may not be that difficult... just time consuming considering that there are quite a few pages that need to be updated with this suggestion. Dirk... are you listiening?

Quote:
3. What files does it use for commercial skip? txt or edl.
I personally use .txt files, but I believe that you can use either... I believe that .EDL is more accurate, but I have not switched over SA/Dirmon to this file extension.

I hope that this helps...

-Jason
Old 09-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
All but 1 of my videos that I had imported and IMDB'd are back in the unassigned category (over 400 shows now). Why me????

Is there a fast and easy way to redo this all? And how can I keep this from happening again? Sage was running fine, I shut it down to change the XP screensaver (got reset with new nvidia drivers) and when I rebooted the computer and tried to start Sage Client, the popup window came up for 3-4 seconds, then went away. after several tries, it finally loaded sage, but now with no genre info.
I believe these are stored in wiz.bin -- the main database. When I lose my saved shows, I reload this file from backup and they're all there. I try to back this file up frequently... It gets corrupted very infrequently, but it's really inconvenient when it does!

DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 09-30-2006, 09:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Just to add to some of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
SageMC is designed to be ran *WITH* a remote... It is usually self explanatory as far as the menus go, however there is no 'Back' or 'Main Menu' buttons, which is why you normally need a remote.
True, there is no "Back" button, but you can configure the 'Left' key/button for returning from any menu ("Left As Back' in SageMC options). You can navigate SageMC equally well with remote or keyboard. It is not really intended for using a mouse though ...

Quote:
GREAT suggestion... I personally love the 'Grouped' setting, but there does need to be a selectable 'Sort' function for use WITH the 'Grouped' setting. Dirk is always being hit up for new suggestions, but this may not be that difficult... just time consuming considering that there are quite a few pages that need to be updated with this suggestion. Dirk... are you listiening?
Jason, are you still using mlbdudes 5_10 version ? Sorting by Date / Original Date was one of the first things I added in SageMC for the grouped view :

Quote:
I personally use .txt files, but I believe that you can use either... I believe that .EDL is more accurate, but I have not switched over SA/Dirmon to this file extension.
Yes, you can use either one, SageMC will pick up any *.txt or *.edl file

Dirk
Old 09-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
There is WAY too much info in this thread... Try this URL for a WIKI post on SageMC... It does need to be updated however...

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169
The fact that it is designed for a remote explains why the user interface seems clumsy. More than 1/2 the time, I use sage from my computer, so I'll spend some time at the link above .
Quote:
The grouped + ordered by original air date I found in the Malore menu extensions that you enable with the "secret" code. SO, the work may already be done .
Quote:
I've been using the new comskip interface that uses edl and it is much more accurate (why I was wondering).

Do you know if there's any problem switching between the 2 user interfaces by just switching .xml files in the advanced menu? (Between my old one and SageMC_169.xml?) Until I decide whether I really want to switch?

THANKS!

Synology NAS 22TB
Old 09-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Just to add to some of this:

True, there is no "Back" button, but you can configure the 'Left' key/button for returning from any menu ("Left As Back' in SageMC options). You can navigate SageMC equally well with remote or keyboard. It is not really intended for using a mouse though ...
Done Thanks!
Quote:
Jason, are you still using mlbdudes 5_10 version ? Sorting by Date / Original Date was one of the first things I added in SageMC for the grouped view :

How can I add this?
Quote:
Yes, you can use either one, SageMC will pick up any *.txt or *.edl file
I have showanalyzer generate both. Guess I'll stop generating the .txt file!

Synology NAS 22TB
Old 09-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

I was referring more to having seperate 'filters'... in that the Grouped setting could be modified by the 'Sort By' setting... In your example it would be repetative to have both listed, so I agree, but how about in the following (ScreenHunter2) example... It has the 'Grouped' view, but it is grouped by the Genre... Maybe a seperate sort by/group by for this one... Or how about ScreenHunter3, which shows a 'Sort By ****' but does not 'Group By', so multiple entries are shown...

Does that make more sense? I'm terrible at explaining things... as Carlos Mencia would say, "Don' make fun of me...!"

-Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_2.jpg (54.0 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_3.jpg (62.6 KB, 204 views)
Old 09-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
How can I add this?
? If you are using the latest SageMC, then it should be there... Go to Settings from the main menu and see if it says that you have the latest version... which is currently 6.12a.

-Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_4.jpg (8.3 KB, 193 views)
Old 09-30-2006, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How can I add this?
Check that you have "Grouped View" enabled in the SageMC settings (but it should be on by default), and then the "Sort" button in the list views will toggle between "Sort By Date / Sort By Title / Grouped". Once you enter a group, you can sort 'By Date' and 'By Original Date'

Quote:
I have showanalyzer generate both. Guess I'll stop generating the .txt file!
Yep, that's what I did too ...

Dirk
Old 09-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Check that you have "Grouped View" enabled in the SageMC settings (but it should be on by default), and then the "Sort" button in the list views will toggle between "Sort By Date / Sort By Title / Grouped". Once you enter a group, you can sort 'By Date' and 'By Original Date'
Dirk
d'oh (I just didn't look deep enough).

Synology NAS 22TB
Old 09-30-2006, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was referring more to having seperate 'filters'... in that the Grouped setting could be modified by the 'Sort By' setting... In your example it would be repetative to have both listed, so I agree, but how about in the following (ScreenHunter2) example... It has the 'Grouped' view, but it is grouped by the Genre... Maybe a seperate sort by/group by for this one... Or how about ScreenHunter3, which shows a 'Sort By ****' but does not 'Group By', so multiple entries are shown...

Does that make more sense? I'm terrible at explaining things... as Carlos Mencia would say, "Don' make fun of me...!"

-Jason
I just looked at your screenshots. Hey you know there is this guy who has developed a new really great installer for SageMC. From what I hear, you can use it to install some glassy icons that some other guy made. You might want to check it out.

Now I'm off in search of a palm tree...
Old 09-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

hi flachbar, I'd like to first say your stv is awsome. I loved sagetv when i first got it, buy your stv made me love it even more.

one question though, is it possible to get a GameMode or LiveMode option in the MediaPlayer? the idea behind this is for me to connect an xbox on my composite video and play it through sage.

I know that sagetv's purpose is a DVR and it's supposed to record everything. but sometimes (like playing a console) we need to stop the automatic recording and play directly from the stream (i.e. capture card).

looking through the API, I've noticed a MediaPlayerAPI.WatchLive function that could be called with pause buffer of zero (0)... could this do the trick?

what could be done, when we enable GameMode/LiveMode we set pause buffer=0. If the Pause Button is pressed, we'd get out of that mode (pause buffer>0) until we re-enable GameMode/LiveMode.

does this make any sense?

thanks.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I believe these are stored in wiz.bin -- the main database. When I lose my saved shows, I reload this file from backup and they're all there. I try to back this file up frequently... It gets corrupted very infrequently, but it's really inconvenient when it does!
Ok if it is Wiz.bin, wouldnt the whole thing be corrupt? All my favorites, and all my recorded shows are still alive and kicking. Only imported shows through IMDB are screwed up.
Closed Thread