SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dirmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
How are you launching ShowAnalyzer if you're not using Dirmon2? I know some of the STVs can launch comskip, but last I knew none of them cleaned up the txt files afterwards.
Showanalyzer launches by itself right after recoding is complete using a comskip proxy... in other words an altered comskip that calls showanalyzer rather than running comskip....

And yes, the txt files are piling up in my capture directory....I am looking at dirmon right now to schedule cleaning but for some reason it is not deleting the files... I only need it to clean and not to run Showanalyzer.

JD
Old 09-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Volume control not working when watching video

Hey guys,

I've got a strange one... After applying the WebRadio, DVD burning, and RSS Newsfeed plugins, I no longer have control of the volume and do not see the slider bar when watching programs. The volume control still works in the WebRadio portion and when listening to MP3's.

Reverting to older SageMC XML's doesn't seem to fix it (using 6.10a, btw) - however, if I switch back to the original SageTV3.XML file, it works fine. Any thoughts on how to fix this easily? Any quick steps to add it back in via Studio, if that is the issue?

Thanks!!!!!!
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 09-10-2006, 05:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
Showanalyzer launches by itself right after recoding is complete using a comskip proxy... in other words an altered comskip that calls showanalyzer rather than running comskip....

And yes, the txt files are piling up in my capture directory....I am looking at dirmon right now to schedule cleaning but for some reason it is not deleting the files... I only need it to clean and not to run Showanalyzer.

JD
Wow I didn't know anyone still used comskip proxy. Personally I'd use Dirmon2 for everything, it can do a lot more than comskip proxy. Such as process live TV (shows as they record), process multiple shows at once, schedule certain times of the day not to process files, clean up the txt or edl files, and a few more things.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

dirmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Wow I didn't know anyone still used comskip proxy. Personally I'd use Dirmon2 for everything, it can do a lot more than comskip proxy. Such as process live TV (shows as they record), process multiple shows at once, schedule certain times of the day not to process files, clean up the txt or edl files, and a few more things.
Well, that is why we are here... and I thought I was on to something.

So, you are saying that I could use dirmon2 to check my capture directory every few minutes and if there was an mpg file in there without a txt file to start....eh?? and then, on the way out check to see if there were any txt files without mpg files and if so delete them....eh??

I just messed with dirmon and it got my drive sooo busy I barely got control enough to turm it off....scary !!
JD
Old 09-10-2006, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Thanks again, I couldn't figure out how to bring up the options menu but I found it in the properties file and just added it.

mlbdude/mm_weather_enabled=true

B
I am a little slow this weekend. Too many late nights with the new machine. I can use the "clear" button on the MCE remote to turn get the menu.

oy vey
Old 09-10-2006, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
So, you are saying that I could use dirmon2 to check my capture directory every few minutes and if there was an mpg file in there without a txt file to start....eh?? and then, on the way out check to see if there were any txt files without mpg files and if so delete them....eh??
That's exactly what it does.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Sage Expert

First off, thanks to mlbdude and flachbar for the great work on SageMC. I finally upgraded from 2.0.20 because of it (and ShowAnalyzer).

A few feature questions/ideas/requests:

Other Showings
-Being able to simply hit "Record" on the remote when something is highlighted, instead of having to hit "Select" then "Record", then back out of it.

Show Padding
-On the standard STV, it use to be possible to set padding in 15 minute increments using the Fast Foward or Rewind buttons instead of just 1 minute increments. Is this functionality not part of SageMC? If so, any chance of it making a comeback?

Commercial Skipping
-Being able to set shows to not be processed for commercials. I know you can do this in the ShowAnalyzer config, but it would be handy to having something under the "Advanced Record" options which can be accessed quickly.

Thanks again for the great work guys.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Sage User

Question Clarification on installing Mods (I think their mods?)

Maybe I am missing something but I am very confused about how to install mods (The SageMC 16X9) to be exact. The instructions say to extract it while preserving the path. Extract it to where? The "Program\Files\Sage" directory or some temp directory? Does the loading of the SAgeMC_169.XML file copy the files from my temp location? How does the installing of latest developement version works (version 6.X by Flachbar) with in to everything, again into extisting path or temp directory?

I as these questions because I thought I had the SageMC installed but I can't seem to get to the any of the MC Options setting that I am reading great things about.
BTW any sure fire way to tell what is really running.
Thanks for the help, I don't mean to be a pain, but I need to understand what I am doing.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennPT
Maybe I am missing something but I am very confused about how to install mods (The SageMC 16X9) to be exact. The instructions say to extract it while preserving the path. Extract it to where? The "Program\Files\Sage" directory or some temp directory?
Hi Glenn,

yes you have to extract it to your Sage installation folder. The SageMC install zip contains files relative to this folder, e.g.

STVs/SageTV3/SageMC_169.xml
STVs/SageTV3/SageMCE/Images/...

etc.

So if your SageTV installation folder (which contains SageTV.exe) is "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV" and you extract the SageMC base package to this folder, it will unzip SageMC_169.xml to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3, etc. And do the same for the latest dev STV installation file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennPT
BTW any sure fire way to tell what is really
Yes, look in the 'Settings' menu on the right, it shows the current STV version (right below the java version).

Dirk
Old 09-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh
Hey guys,

I've got a strange one... After applying the WebRadio, DVD burning, and RSS Newsfeed plugins, I no longer have control of the volume and do not see the slider bar when watching programs. The volume control still works in the WebRadio portion and when listening to MP3's.

Reverting to older SageMC XML's doesn't seem to fix it (using 6.10a, btw) - however, if I switch back to the original SageTV3.XML file, it works fine. Any thoughts on how to fix this easily? Any quick steps to add it back in via Studio, if that is the issue?

Thanks!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this? HEEEEELLLLLLP!!!
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 09-11-2006, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this? HEEEEELLLLLLP!!!
Did you try to disable the Global Volume OSD in the SageMC options ?

Dirk
Old 09-11-2006, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC 6.11

Hi guys,

I have some new goodies for ya:

IMDB image cache

This functionality integrates the IMDB lookup more seamlessly into SageMC. I implemented an image cache which stores the pictures on your harddrive after they have been retrieved by the automatic IMDB lookup. So once the image for a show has been automatically downloaded, it will be available immediately the next time you bring up the Program Info, and no further IMDB database lookup is necessary. The cache is implemented as a LRU cache, so that the most recent accessed pictures will always stay in the cache. The default size is 1000, and you can set an unlimited size with -1. Note that the cache in memory only holds the file names and not the actual pictures, so that even with very large caches the memory consumption of Sage is hardly affected. The cache location can be specified in the SageMC options, it defaults to SageMC/Images/IMDBCache (the directory will get created the first time you start SageMC)

I also added the 'Save' button for TV content to the IMDB result screens, which will allow you to select a different picture for a show in case the automatic lookup got the wrong one. Note that the new pic will only be shown after a SageTV restart because of the internal Sage image cache, there is nothing I can do about it.

Support for full size genre icons

I worked together with Mike to bring you full size genre icons Note that this has to be enabled in the SageMC icon options. I also implemented a genre-alias mechanism which allows to translate genre names for the icon lookup. See alias.properties in SageMC/Images/GenreIcons for details

Clip recording

Usually when you press REC on a show which you already have watched for some time the recording will also include the prior part. I have added the functionality to record the show from the current time (when you pressed the REC button). Together with the already implemented 'save partial recording' functionality it basically offers a convenient way to record a clip of a show with any start or end time. Note that the prior watched part of the mediafile has to get deleted before the recording will start, so there will be a delay of 3-4 seconds after you started the recording. This is the best I could achieve with what the Sage core currently has to offer. Also note that you cannot easily create multiple clips for the same show using this technique.

Exit command

I added properties "sagemc/exit_cmd" and "sagemc/exit_cmd_args" which let you specify a program and optional arguments (separated by ',') which should be invoked when you exit SageMC from the main menu.

Examples:
sagemc/exit_cmd=D\:\\tools\\nircmd\\nircmd.exe
sagemc/exit_cmd_args=exitwin,reboot

Other new features include:

- access to episodes in IMDB search
- IMDB trivia/quotes now scrollable
- updated manual IMDB search dialog
- 'Info' in Program Info now also toggles display of file name and file size
- added setting to disable automatic music queue update
- added listener for REC in 'Other Showings'
- added 15 mins increase/decrease of fav padding options with Skip Fwd/Skip Bkwd
- added watched bar setting back to SageMC options
- fixed Custom3 menu issue

Note that the IMDB caching and genre alias functionality is contained in a new JAR file 'sagemc.jar', so make sure to extract this (and nielm's new 4.1 IMDB jar file which is also included) together with the new STV file, and restart SageTV after the installation.

Dirk
Old 09-11-2006, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Woohoo! Man that was fast! Guess I better get off my duff and upload some icons tonight!

Edit:

I have a quick question. Does the new IMDB lookup work with java 1.4?

Also, I'd like to submit the first feature request for v6.12
This is from neilm's IMDB thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilm
New version released:
Sep 9 2006 4.1 for SageTV 5.0
STV: RIGHT key now selects in lists (so you can forward/back with left/right)
STV: NTE status icons in search page
JAR: fixed cast/backstage lists for TV series (thanks jbuszkie)

(so if you just want the series cast list parsing to work, you don't need to re-import, just restart sage)
Did you notice that little note about 'RIGHT key' functionality nestled in there? That's a really good idea! I still have the habit of pressing the right key to select a show from my TiVo days. Just a thought.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-11-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I also implemented a genre-alias mechanism which allows to translate genre names for the icon lookup. See alias.properties in SageMC/Images/GenreIcons for details
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! No more manual genre editting with the webserver plugin needed now!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Did you try to disable the Global Volume OSD in the SageMC options ?

Dirk

Disabled that setting - re-opened SageTV - the volume controls still do not work
Old 09-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nice.

Any chance for screen cap support in the future? I know with the various renderers available it isn't necessarily easy, or even possible... but I'm really hoping to be able to hit a button and get a .bmp or other image file of the current video frame saved out. Frame advance/rewind would be useful there as well.

Or maybe a screencap command in Sage can just pass off a command to ffmpeg like so:

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/001619.html

Last edited by horseflesh; 09-11-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Disabled that setting - re-opened SageTV - the volume controls still do not work
Are your volume buttons mapped to VolumeUp/Right and VolumeDown/Left, or to VolumeUp and VolumeDown ?

You are only talking about the video screen, right ? Can you enable the Global Volume OSD setting and try it on the main menu ?

Dirk
Old 09-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Dirk. Looking forward to using the new features...
Old 09-11-2006, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Mike,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I have a quick question. Does the new IMDB lookup work with java 1.4?
Sure, I don't want to force anyone to upgrade ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Did you notice that little note about 'RIGHT key' functionality nestled in there? That's a really good idea! I still have the habit of pressing the right key to select a show from my TiVo days. Just a thought.
Well, sigh... There used to be one or two other screens in SageMC where RIGHT would select, and I got complaints that the SageMC navigation behavior was not consistent (which was somehow a legitimate point). So I'm not quite sure about this, it would probably require to change list selection globally in SageMC ...

Dirk
Old 09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! No more manual genre editting with the webserver plugin needed now!!!

But note that this will only help with the icon selection, it will not merge shows for e.g. Science Fiction and Sci-Fi into a single category. SageMC uses the Sage database core for category grouping, and the aliases are only applied after the fact ...

Dirk
Closed Thread