SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
I have just installed this STV and love the option of using comskip (not to mention the interface)!

I have tried the DVD Profiler and ran a test with 4 movies by adding the titles through the profiler, exporting the info to an xml file and then pointing Sage toward the exported file.

Is the cover art supposed to be there also??
It showed up in DVD Profiler but when viewing through Sage on the description of movie is there... did I miss something?

thanks,
JD
Are you doing this with "offline" or "online" dvds?

1. If they're offline (the dvds are not ripped to your harddrive, you just want the info to show up), double check your "offline path" in your SageMC properties menu. Then go look in that folder and see if you're getting the cover art images in that folder. This will help determine whether it's a problem with Profiler getting the images there or with Sage reading them.

2. If they're online (you're ripping the actual video to the harddrive), my guess is that you're running into what I consider a bug. Sage is supposed to copy the cover art from the Profiler folder to the VIDEO_TS folder that contains your ripped video and rename the image "folder.jpg." Then this image will show as your cover art. If this isn't happening (it doesn't much (all?) of the time for me), you have two options. First, you can copy the image manually to this folder and rename it, which is kind of a pain. Or, just go to the movie details page within Sage where you're seeing the description but not the image. Select "Edit Video Info" then choose "DVD Profiler Import." For some reason, when you re-import the profiler info this way it seems to always grab the image and copy it correctly.

Hope something in here helps.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC menus

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Are you doing this with "offline" or "online" dvds?

1. If they're offline (the dvds are not ripped to your harddrive, you just want the info to show up), double check your "offline path" in your SageMC properties menu. Then go look in that folder and see if you're getting the cover art images in that folder. This will help determine whether it's a problem with Profiler getting the images there or with Sage reading them.

2. If they're online (you're ripping the actual video to the harddrive), my guess is that you're running into what I consider a bug. Sage is supposed to copy the cover art from the Profiler folder to the VIDEO_TS folder that contains your ripped video and rename the image "folder.jpg." Then this image will show as your cover art. If this isn't happening (it doesn't much (all?) of the time for me), you have two options. First, you can copy the image manually to this folder and rename it, which is kind of a pain. Or, just go to the movie details page within Sage where you're seeing the description but not the image. Select "Edit Video Info" then choose "DVD Profiler Import." For some reason, when you re-import the profiler info this way it seems to always grab the image and copy it correctly.

Hope something in here helps.
I dunno, I feel as though something is not quite right here... and now I'm questioning if I'm even running SageMC.....duh
I do not have any SageMC Properties Menu

When I look in the Settings/Advanced/Core Settings menu it lists my STV file as: meekel_0_5_0.STV....
If I go and look around in the directories through Sage for the SageMC_169.xml file, it does not show up (but it is there when looking outside of Sage through the Windows directories)....
Man, I be dumb or something....
Should I do us all a favor and just pull the plug, walk away, and sell the computer?
Format the hardrive and start over....
Change my name and move.....
OR...
JD
Old 09-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

or do us a favor, and install SageMC 16x9, that would probably help!

In case you wanted to, and want to use flachbar's latest, you need to install two things.

SageMC 5_10, as left by mlbdude (this is the base install), check out the first post in this thread to find it.

Then, the SageMC 6.10 stv file, which can be downloaded via the first post as well.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Sage User

has the dvd root menu issue been resolved yet? this is the first time I've tried to watch a DVD since I upgraded SageMC, and I can't play a DVD now

I can move the cursor up and down the menu options, but can't select anything....
Old 09-04-2006, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattress
has the dvd root menu issue been resolved yet? this is the first time I've tried to watch a DVD since I upgraded SageMC, and I can't play a DVD now

I can move the cursor up and down the menu options, but can't select anything....
read a couple of pages back. Gerry posted something that tells you what to change in the SageMC options to make it work.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1086
Old 09-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
I posted this before I thought. Go to your Sage 16x9 options in Details Settings and change Previous Channel option fro Prev Chl to Channel Entry. That will fix your issue. I think the default should be changed to this to avoid this issue. Having Select be the Previous Channel commans causes issues unless you're aware of it being set that way.

Gerry
What about setting it to "Options Menu?" That's currently what I have it set at, but I haven't tested playing a DVD yet. Maybe I will later today, and I'll post back.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Welcome back. I hope you had a good time.
Thanks, I had a great time.
But like any vacation, too short - though some here might disagree ...

I should have an update with fixes for the major issues ready by tomorrow. Just a few general notes:
  • .my files and IMDB lookup are completely independent and dont affect each other
  • IMDB lookup is pretty accurate for me (> 90%). But I noticed that the year check for movies wasn't enabled, this will be fixed in the update. For TV shows, there is really not much I can do other than matching the title, so there will always be a chance of a wrong pic if IMDB returns multiple results (especially with titles like e.g. "Tennis" )
  • the need to do a clean install for some of you was a bit surprising to me, and definetly not intended
Dirk
Old 09-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, don't sweat it Dirk. I've needed to do a complete reinstall for several months now. I'm just glad my system, or rather, Sage, is much cleaner now.

Funny, now that you're back, things seem to have calmed down around here. Guess people are letting you get your reading done!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
LOL, don't sweat it Dirk. I've needed to do a complete reinstall for several months now. I'm just glad my system, or rather, Sage, is much cleaner now...
Ditto...I am sooooo glad I did it. BTW Dirk, did you catch the icon issues I posted a few pages back?
Old 09-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Sage Icon

I'm curious, is it possible to go back in versions, say from 6.10 to 6.9b? I still cant get my genre icons working at all, and I am curious to see if they work in a previous version, but not sure if I can downgrade, and if I can, where do I find old versions? Isnt the download link just the latest 6.10?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

i have one issue with the music collection.

If I selected an album, It seems like it is set for shuffle. Some tracks get skipped, others are out of order even though the tracks are listed in the proper order and every option for shuffle I can find is disabled

Anyone else have this issue?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I'm curious, is it possible to go back in versions, say from 6.10 to 6.9b? I still cant get my genre icons working at all, and I am curious to see if they work in a previous version, but not sure if I can downgrade, and if I can, where do I find old versions? Isnt the download link just the latest 6.10?
Interesting. I used to delete all previous versions, but will probably start keeping them again. It used to be, when mlbdude was storing the download himself, that all you had to do, was minipulate the download link to an older version, but now the download link does not contain version information...
Old 09-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
You can go back just fine. I went back from 6.10 to 6.9b then back to 6.10 for testing the other week and there are no problems.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You can go back just fine. I went back from 6.10 to 6.9b then back to 6.10 for testing the other week and there are no problems.
Which brings me to the obvious question, where to get old versions? Since I first started with 6.10, I dont have older releases to try.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Sage Icon

SageMC_169_6.9b-kricker
FYI, this probably already has webradio and movietimes as well as a custom import for video-redo added.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ditto...I am sooooo glad I did it. BTW Dirk, did you catch the icon issues I posted a few pages back?
Yep thanks, this will be fixed...

Dirk
Old 09-05-2006, 04:40 PM
SageTVaholic

v6.10a

Just uploaded v6.10a which should fix all reported major issues:

- added setting to disable global volume OSD (if using combined left/right/volume remote mappings)
- fixed issue with always going to LiveTV on BACK in main menu
- fixed SELECT in DVD navigation
- fixed black screen on DELETE in Stop dialog
- fixed stop dialog popping up for video playlists
- fixed conflict_resolved icon
- OptionsMenu now default for SELECT
- improved IMDB lookup
- now using nielm's new 4.0 imdb JAR file

Please let me know if the fixes don't work for you, or if any other issues still persist...

Dirk
Old 09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Sage User

wow, great work on the new release, i will test it soon (watching some recorded shows now )
Old 09-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar

Please let me know if the fixes don't work for you, or if any other issues still persist...

Dirk
Looks good so far.

I did notice that the sleep timer import doesn't seem to work. It doesn't install into the options menu.

Also, while watching an imported video, the title in the top box doesn't always update to the correct name. Sometimes it still shows the previous filename, but will show the proper .jpg.

In IMDB info, I can'T seem to cursor right to scroll up/down in the quotes/trivia pages. I can cursor right to scroll in the summary page.

Also, in some fine tuning areas, sometimes when you scroll down on the right, it will jump cursor to the left when the bottom is reached. Scrolling up on th right, it will just stop. But scrolling on the left will just loop on the left. Also, sometimes you can scroll on the left and it will include the preview pane in the selections, but other times it won't.

Last edited by ke6guj; 09-05-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Sage Expert

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Dirk
Great fixes Dirk as always...
I am still having trouble getting conflicts to clear. I have my conflicts to set to behave as the default STV which is the way I like it. I like it that way because I always want to know if there is a conflict so that I can adjust the priority. When I choose to always behave in a certain manner as indicated by the graphics below, The conflict icon doesn't clear. Also, more information would be helpfull. Either a double line or a description of not only what conflicts but 'what it conflicts with' because it is that part that is cut off for me. Thanks again for such tremendous work and I LOVE the artwork from IMDB... That's simply outstanding!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cut-off, no clear.JPG (64.7 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg cut-off, no clear2.JPG (63.8 KB, 303 views)
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Closed Thread