SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there logging that can be turned on for this? I get it for some shows, but not all. Law & Order SVU has a poster in IMDB, but doesn't show up. I am getting other art though.

B
Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
The IMDB lookup is working fine for me, as far as I can tell. I don't have much recorded yet due to a drive failure, but some of my shows show a cover when viewing the info.

******FIXED******(a clean install of Sage and disabled 'guide coloring'
On a side note my guide has becom unbearably slow. Even reverting back to 6.9b doesn't help. I have no issues with the guide in the standard stv or with GermSage, so I know for sure it is SageMC. I even tried turning off all the icons, but some of them still show up and I got a mix of mike's icons and the standard ones.

Last edited by kricker; 08-29-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Has anyone seen a problem between Sage MC 16x9 and the web server plugin? About the time I installed v 6.9b my web server went tango uniform. It runs, but when I try to set up a recording nothing happens. The upcoming shows XML file is empty too, even if I schedule a show on the client.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflesh
Has anyone seen a problem between Sage MC 16x9 and the web server plugin? About the time I installed v 6.9b my web server went tango uniform. It runs, but when I try to set up a recording nothing happens. The upcoming shows XML file is empty too, even if I schedule a show on the client.
I just tested my webserver (2.6 so it works with the xbox script) and everything is working fine with it.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Something's going on with my install then, drat.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
LOL, at least I'm not alone.

Dirk must have made it only work on those of us that are "special."

geogecko-does the IMDB lookup work when you try to view info for movies in the Imported Videos section (if you have any)? I have seen the same thing prior to this upgrade so I am thinking my problems are related to something else. I have installed the IMDB .jars and that hasn't changed anything. I get the movie info but no coverart. No cast info either.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-30-2006, 04:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflesh
About the time I installed v 6.9b my web server went tango uniform.

I had the problem posted a few days ago in this thread. I replaced servlet.jar to fix
Old 08-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Sage Icon

The auto IMDB will download covers for my recorded TV, but will not get info for my imported movies (which already have covers). I have to actually search for them, then save the info.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
geogecko-does the IMDB lookup work when you try to view info for movies in the Imported Videos section (if you have any)? I have seen the same thing prior to this upgrade so I am thinking my problems are related to something else. I have installed the IMDB .jars and that hasn't changed anything. I get the movie info but no coverart. No cast info either.
JUC
I have exactly the same behavior.

Went into My Videos, and did an IMDB lookup on one of my movies. Came back with all the information (except for Cast info), and no coverart.

I think something must have been broken, or possibly, there is a conflict with using the right JARs, possibly. One thing I have not tried, is using the default 6.10 STV, and see if a plug-in is possibly effecting it in some way. Maybe tonight I'll get around to trying that. Should be easy, just have to go back and select the original stv.

On another note, anyone know when Dirk gets back from vacation? (He's got a lot of reading to do!)
Old 08-30-2006, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Wow, just upgraded to v6.10 and, among other things, the automatic cover art look up is great! Thanks flachbar!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 08-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Wow, just upgraded to v6.10 and, among other things, the automatic cover art look up is great! Thanks flachbar!
Rub it in why don't ya! JK.
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 08-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Rub it in why don't ya! JK.

I know.. this is starting to bother me! Ive updated the JARs from the IMDB thread and still no Cover Art and Im missing the actor and maybe some other info..

I dont have any plugins installed. Does anybody that has the cover art working have any plugins installed?

Thanks

Technazz
Old 08-30-2006, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
I know.. this is starting to bother me! Ive updated the JARs from the IMDB thread and still no Cover Art and Im missing the actor and maybe some other info..

I dont have any plugins installed. Does anybody that has the cover art working have any plugins installed?

Thanks

Technazz
I haven't installed any plugins in SageMC, I am using webserver though, plus a few others for MVP stv's. I get cover art, but it seems to not coincide with art available on IMDB's site.

B
Old 08-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

I'm going to do a fresh install of sage tonight and see if that helps. I'll update later...
JUC

Old 08-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
I'm going to do a fresh install of sage tonight and see if that helps. I'll update later...
JUC
I probably need to do the same.

Wife called, and was having the playback error...not sure why that always seems to happen when she is home alone...
Old 08-30-2006, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Wife called, and was having the playback error...not sure why that always seems to happen when she is home alone...
I think there must be a secret society of wives married to SageTV users. Same thing at my house. Good thing for RDP.

B
Old 08-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I think there must be a secret society of wives married to SageTV users. Same thing at my house. Good thing for RDP.

B
Good to know its just not at my house! Fortunately the wife is good enough to reboot on her own.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Sage Icon

She's learning...

A couple days in training on the Harmony 880 Help button has gone a long ways as well...

She just learned how to reboot the HTPC via UltraVNC this morning. She thought it was funny that I knew what she was trying to watch...(Webserver).
Old 08-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Sage Icon

Clean install of Sage fixed the coverart problem!!! Imported Webserver too with no problems. Awesome. What a great feature.
JUC

Old 08-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC 16x9 and STVI files

Hello,
Has the option to add things like Dynamic Menues and Weather suite been removed when using SageMC 16x9. If I go to the setup screen where this was normaly your only choices are .xml files?
Am I missing something.
Thanks