SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I have 1.6 on my system as well, and so far everything has been 'much snappier..." than with either 1.4 or 1.5...

-Jason
Cool. A couple more positive reviews and I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Things seem faster. I've only had a couple crashes since I installed it, but it could be that I had not rebooted in a while. So far, for the last couple days, no problems. It appears that a fix for the last memory leak has actuall been fixed.

But, keep in mind, that the fix for the memory leak is in an incremental update. Just installing 1.6 beta 2 will not give you that fix. You have to download the other part. (Search for "memory leak" by title only, and you'll find the instructions.) It may just be better to wait until the official release, although the instructions are not hard. Basically, just downloading another download, and replacing a folder in Java.

BTW, how do you get this IMDB stuff working? Is that the .my files? Do I just enable it in the options?
Old 08-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Just go here...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...=memory+lockup

-Jason
Old 08-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone could confirm whether or not I need to be using this version of SageMCE to get MeInMaui's color coded guide bars to work. They dont seem to be working with mlbdude's latest build.

Thanks in advance.

Jesse
Old 08-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
IMDB lookup for TV recordings
Is there anything else required to get this working, other than enabling all the .my file creation (3 settings), and IMDB Lookup (1 setting)?

I see the .my files being created, but never see any video images when in Program Info... Or do you have to disable the timebar to be able to see it?
Old 08-27-2006, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Jesse,

You need one of the last couple of revisions. Flachbar added support for color coded guide bars a few months back. I forget which version, but it should be in the version history. Short answer is they won't work with mlbdude's latest build, but will work with flachbar's latest build.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone could confirm whether or not I need to be using this version of SageMCE to get MeInMaui's color coded guide bars to work. They dont seem to be working with mlbdude's latest build.

Thanks in advance.

Jesse
Jesse,
There is some confusion over what to load first. SageMC does come in two parts (the main download which is several mb) and the SageMC latest build. See the attached document for how I have my system configured. Options may be different for you but this is how I have chosen to Experience SageTV to date.
Attached Files
File Type: doc MY SAGEMC FROM SCRATCH (latest as of 8-27-06).doc (56.5 KB, 287 views)
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Jesse,
There is some confusion over what to load first. SageMC does come in two parts (the main download which is several mb) and the SageMC latest build. See the attached document for how I have my system configured. Options may be different for you but this is how I have chosen to Experience SageTV to date.
Nice. Made a local copy of that. I need to put something like that together, before I forget everything, and my system drive crashes...
Old 08-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Maybe I have missed the setting somewhere, but is there a way to turn on a nice bar graph on the home screen similar to the standard stv or like with Neim's Customisable Main Menu? I guess I got addicted to seing how much storage space is left at a glance rather then navigate to the settings menu and such..

Though totally lazy on my part and not an emergency.

Also, just as a status, everything is running fine on my machine for quite some time. Seems pretty stable.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

I've got a question regarding the clock. I looked around and couldnt find anything, so I assume it doesnt exist yet, but is it possible to create a smallish analog clock to fit in the area where the clock text displays? I certainly dont own the skills to create such a beast, but wondered if it was possible, and if it was anything that could be added to a wishlist for MC. Maybe nobody else would like it? Something along the lines of this (its a Vista clock I think):

Obviously it would have to be smaller!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
Maybe I have missed the setting somewhere, but is there a way to turn on a nice bar graph on the home screen similar to the standard stv or like with Neim's Customisable Main Menu? I guess I got addicted to seing how much storage space is left at a glance rather then navigate to the settings menu and such..

Though totally lazy on my part and not an emergency.

Also, just as a status, everything is running fine on my machine for quite some time. Seems pretty stable.
Hit your "Info" button on your remote (if you have a button mapped to "info") while on the main menu. If you want it to stay there all the time, there is an option (Settings...Detailed Settings...Advanced...SageMC Options...Main Look for Diskbar).

On another note, has anyone gotten the IMDB TV images to work? I've got all 4 options enabled, and I'm still not seeing anything. I see the .my files being generated, but don't see any pictures, etc.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Oh, and yeah, that nice analog clock would be cool.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
On another note, has anyone gotten the IMDB TV images to work? I've got all 4 options enabled, and I'm still not seeing anything. I see the .my files being generated, but don't see any pictures, etc.
These images would be what, cover art like DVD's? If thats the case, I have had episodes of Smallville show up with images. If thats something different then I cant help.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
If you go into SageMC options>Visual> Disk Bar, select it to enable.

SageMC option are in setting>detailed setup>advanced>SageMC 16x9 OPtions.
Ok maybe I'm missing something here
I went to settings>detailed setup>advanced>SageMC 16x9 Options

Do not see SageMC options>Visual> Disk Bar anywhere

What am I doing wrong.

I can only tell how much disk space is left by looking at the system info which is ok but it would be nice to see the old graph.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

Yep, 6.10 required.

Sorry about the incorrect path to get to the options. I see someone corrected me though. Thanks.

Kirby, yep, that is what I was talking about. I'm not seeing any images with my TV shows like that. Would be nice. Maybe all the ones I'm recording just don't have images?
Old 08-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Sage Icon

Not sure how many have images. I only noticed it last night briefly (was pretty much in awe) that any graphics showed up, wasnt expecting it, thought it was an add-on that I didnt install yet. Only went into 2 shows that had them, Smallville did, and so did a show I recorded called 'Inside the Vatican' but the image was too small to tell if it was really for the proper show. I will check out some of my other TV shows tonight and see what shows up. Also, on Pirates of Caribbean that was on ABC last night, I had to manually select which 1 of 3 movies it was.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

My Bad, I downloaded it on the 21st and thought I has the correct version, I double checked and I had 6.9b? Ok downloaded 6.10 and now I see the Visual options>Diskbar.
Turned it on and it still does not work.
I must be doing something really dumb?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Not sure how many have images. I only noticed it last night briefly (was pretty much in awe) that any graphics showed up, wasnt expecting it, thought it was an add-on that I didnt install yet. Only went into 2 shows that had them, Smallville did, and so did a show I recorded called 'Inside the Vatican' but the image was too small to tell if it was really for the proper show. I will check out some of my other TV shows tonight and see what shows up. Also, on Pirates of Caribbean that was on ABC last night, I had to manually select which 1 of 3 movies it was.
On my PotC I didn't have to select anyhting, the cover just showed up. FWIW I recorded OTA HD from ABC in DC. HIH - B

(ILA I love Acronyms )
Old 08-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

LOL
Old 08-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Sage User

strange issue

i am using the trial of sage 5.0.4. The trial version shows the text "Trial" when viewing video (recordings, liveTV, etc). The text moves randomly. However, when using SageMC, the text moves around but WITHOUT removing itself from the previous location. i.e. in about 5 minutes, the entire screen is covered with 'Trial', making the video almost unseeable beneath it! Clicking in Sage, which displays the show info, clears all this text, at which point it builds up again. Any idea what could be causing this? This is a straightforward install of Sage, default settings for everything. I have tried changing video settings, but still does the same. Note: this was an issue with the previous version (6.9) of SageMC as well.
Closed Thread