SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Tried to start a DVD with 6.10 applied using MCE remote. Neither ok or play buttons worked. Anyone else?

TIA B
Old 08-26-2006, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Tried to start a DVD with 6.10 applied using MCE remote. Neither ok or play buttons worked. Anyone else?

TIA B
Mine is working fine. With 2 different NCE remotes. (Microsoft's and nVidia's.) This is playing a ripped DVD from the hard drive. Are you playing from the DVD drive?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
If you go into SageMC options>Visual> Disk Bar, select it to enable.

SageMC option are in setting>detailed setup>advanced>SageMC 16x9 OPtions.
Or on the Main menu screen press the "info" button on your remote.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Mine is working fine. With 2 different NCE remotes. (Microsoft's and nVidia's.) This is playing a ripped DVD from the hard drive. Are you playing from the DVD drive?

Gerry
Gerry,

I don't know, it's working now.. I better lay off the scotch until after 5.. It was from disc, the only thing I did was switch to Sage then just switched back after your response to check o VOB I have.

Thanks for the reply.

B
Old 08-26-2006, 06:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Has anyone else noticed a breaking of Nielm's webserver plugin since upgrading?

I am running Sage in service mode, I quit the client part, but forgot to stop the service when I upgraded. I don't know if it matters or not.

B
Quote:
Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringLjava/lang/Object;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringLjava/lang/Object;
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet.doServletGet(HomeServlet.java:151)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:75)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1553)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1528)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1415)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 08-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Sage Icon

Updated with no problems with the webserver.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Sage User

I just upgraded to the new 6.10 and found what I beleive to be a pretty major bug.

When playing a dvd, you can navigate around the menus using the directional arrows. However, upon trying to select a menu item, Sage does one of two things.

1) if you'd previously watching a tv program, Sage will immediately exit out of the DVD and go back to the channel you were previously watching.

2) if you weren't watching anything, Sage will just sit there and do nothing.

Does anyone else have this problem? I hadn't upgraded since 6.7 I beleive so I can't tell if this problem was exisiting in any previous versions. Let me know if you need any more info.

And thanks again for all your hard work flashcar.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Has anyone else noticed a breaking of Nielm's webserver plugin since upgrading?

I am running Sage in service mode, I quit the client part, but forgot to stop the service when I upgraded. I don't know if it matters or not.

B
Probably need to shut down the service, and reinstall. The service does use an STV (or XML) file, and I would imagine that they might need to be compatible, maybe not. It doesn't look like any JARs got updated, so I wouldn't see a problem there...

WebServer works fine on my box, after the upgrade. If all else fails, I've always found that a reboot fixes about 80% of my problems.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
The service does use an STV (or XML) file, and I would imagine that they might need to be compatible, maybe not.
Just so you know: since the service has no UI, it uses no STV file, regardless of what the STV setting is in sage.properties.

And, unless there are some plugins that need to be added, there is not even a need to exit the client UI when switching STVs. Pretty much the only time I shut down my service or client UI is when I have to install a new version of SageTV or change some jar or plugin that loads at startup. Oh, and a few properties only get read at startup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Just so you know: since the service has no UI, it uses no STV file, regardless of what the STV setting is in sage.properties.

And, unless there are some plugins that need to be added, there is not even a need to exit the client UI when switching STVs. Pretty much the only time I shut down my service or client UI is when I have to install a new version of SageTV or change some jar or plugin that loads at startup. Oh, and a few properties only get read at startup.

- Andy
Thanks for the clarification on that. I found it strange that there is a STV property for the service, but since it's running based on an existing properties file, I guess it bases everything on how the initial properties file. Good to know.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Probably need to shut down the service, and reinstall. The service does use an STV (or XML) file, and I would imagine that they might need to be compatible, maybe not. It doesn't look like any JARs got updated, so I wouldn't see a problem there...

WebServer works fine on my box, after the upgrade. If all else fails, I've always found that a reboot fixes about 80% of my problems.
I ended up replacing the servlet.jar file from the download and it resolved the issue. I am not sure how it became corrupt. You do have to restart the service to load this one.

B
Old 08-27-2006, 12:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
- made another change to the HD channel entry which hopefully will fix it for good
Dirk,

This is working great! Thanks for being so reponsive to bugs and silly questions! Enjoy your rest.

BTW - Thanks for integrating Nielm's IMDB plugin, I am not sure I would have tried it out otherwise.

B

( Nielm)
Old 08-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi tlimon,

did you use the latest STV (6.9b), and did you set the option "Left As Back" in the SageMC options ? With this enabled you can basically navigate anywhere with the arrow keys on the remote. If you still spot places where this doesnt work, just let me know and I'll fix it ...

Dirk
I dont see the "Left as Back" option. Is it in the properties file? It's not on the menus anywhere. I'm using the regular SageTV on an XP pro Box with the Hauppauge 34 button remote selected. Can you clue me in to where this option is hiding? Thx
Old 08-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlimon
I dont see the "Left as Back" option. Is it in the properties file? It's not on the menus anywhere. I'm using the regular SageTV on an XP pro Box with the Hauppauge 34 button remote selected. Can you clue me in to where this option is hiding? Thx
This is an option particular to the SageMC 16x9 STV. If you are using the default SageTV STV, you will not see this option.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija
I just upgraded to the new 6.10 and found what I beleive to be a pretty major bug.

When playing a dvd, you can navigate around the menus using the directional arrows. However, upon trying to select a menu item, Sage does one of two things.

1) if you'd previously watching a tv program, Sage will immediately exit out of the DVD and go back to the channel you were previously watching.

2) if you weren't watching anything, Sage will just sit there and do nothing.

Does anyone else have this problem? I hadn't upgraded since 6.7 I beleive so I can't tell if this problem was exisiting in any previous versions. Let me know if you need any more info.

And thanks again for all your hard work flashcar.
In Detailed Setup-Advanced-Sage 16x9 Options you need to change the Previous Channel option from Previous Chl to Channel Entry. By default the "Select" command is set to Previous Chl. That's why you're seeing this problem.

Gerry
Old 08-27-2006, 07:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Bug in 6.10

Bug
After watching a recording and choosing Delete from the popup you are left at a black screen. Back or Left will get you out of there.

Gerry
Old 08-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Sage Expert

Movies Section

I still have to use Malore's menu system for much of this.

Can I get the "star rating" to show up somewhere the view for Movies by Year?
Can you add a Sort by Channel (stars could show up there too)?
Can you show Premiers and Specials here also?
Can we have a way to show the Channel Icon in the empty space lower left?

The MOVIES section is improving by leaps and bounds!
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 08-27-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Sage Expert

manage conflict is no longer previewing

Notice the difference in the ManageConflict1 and ManageConflictAlways attachments.

At least the ManageConflict1 shows a preview of what is conflicting. Since most of the choices fall off the screen and nobody has ever been able to get it to wrap instead, this preview is necessary to see what is going on. ManageConflictAlways doesn't show this preview.

Why can't it wrap anyways? You could have a different font here even to aid in visability. What's been up with the development of this screen? It just seems awkward at best on a regular TV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manageconflict1.JPG (75.4 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg manageconflictalways.JPG (72.8 KB, 214 views)
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Sage Icon

First day for SageMC 16x9

Hey guys and gals, crappy day here so I thought it would be a good day to finally dive into SageMC on my HTPC client machine. With that said, and after looking at the instructions page for the 6.x version, I'm juts a bit confused. Do I need to first install 5.10 prior to jumping into the latest dev build that I just downloaded? Any other pre-requisites that I should know about that dont immediately jump out at me from the install page for a first time user? Thanks.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Hey guys and gals, crappy day here so I thought it would be a good day to finally dive into SageMC on my HTPC client machine. With that said, and after looking at the instructions page for the 6.x version, I'm juts a bit confused. Do I need to first install 5.10 prior to jumping into the latest dev build that I just downloaded? Any other pre-requisites that I should know about that dont immediately jump out at me from the install page for a first time user? Thanks.
Hi Kirby,

Yes, you have to install the full version of SageMC first. Then install the latest dev build (6.10). Then open SageTV and load SageMC_169.xml, not the one that ends with '.stv'. Of course then you'll want to customize the look by choosing a theme and adding some replacement icons, selection bars, etc. It seems that there may be a few new bugs introduced in the latest version and Dirk (flachbar) is now on vacation for a week. So don't get discouraged if some things don't work quite right. He'll get everything fixed quickly when he gets back. He always does. Good luck!

Aloha,
Mike