SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Wow, and I thought this multiple secs issue of the stop dialog would somehow only be related to the MVP. This is very strange, since this particular dialog does not include any animation code at all... It just displays a few graphics and doesnt do any long computations either, so I'm not sure how this could happen. As I said, I experience this issue on my MVP, but have never seens this on my server or client...

Dirk
If I remember right this is waiting for a return from the SageTV Stop or Pause command. Depending on the decoder/video drivers/renderer this can sometimes take awhile. My memory could be foggy though.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Dirk,

Here is a quick screen shot. It shows up for most of my videos but not all.
Thanks for bug-finding, it doesnt show up if the info is read from a .my file ...

Dirk
Old 08-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Sage User

flachbar,

Thx for your response on the groups. I actually was able to make a group and add a video to it pursuant to your instructions but I'm not sure if its gonna work for me as i have about 300 archived TV Shows and I'd need to be able to make subgroups to organize them better if I was going to use it. Is that possible or does it make things too complicated?

I have another question about the "Other Programs" items. I got this set up but can't seem to get it to work properly. I'm attempting to launch my webbrowser from the Other Programs items but upon launching it, the sage screensaver comes up but the browser doesn't. When I exit out of Sage, the browser is open behind it. I know this isn't normal but I'm wondering if its a consequense of me running in VMR9 FSE mode. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch for your hard work.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Hmm...not using your own glassy selection bars? That seems strange!
The screenshot is from my development computer. I change things around and experiment so often that I don't bother installing all that stuff. You should see the mishmash of various half-baked main menu icons that I've been playing around with. What a mess!
Old 08-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
With the above set, it really shouldnt make any difference whether you have 10 or 1000 videos in one group ... So either the expanded ratings info of those shows got somehow overwritten (they have showed up at least once in the group, right ?), or they just dont get displayed for whatever reason. Can you check when you select "Send to... / Custom Group" on one of those videos, if it shows "Remove from group xxx" ?

So you didn't update the video info (IMDB, Video Title) of those files by any chance ?

Edit: I just verified that editing the video title or updating the info through DVD Profiler (IMDB is ok) will erase the expanded ratings. I will fix this in the next version.
That sounds like it's probably causing the problem. At least, it seems like it could be. (btw, I don't have the "remove from..." option on the ones that have disappeared from the groups, and yes, they at one point or another were all visible in the group view, so it sounds like they could be getting "overwritten.")

What's odd is that a couple of the videos have hung in there, and I know that I haven't individually updated all of the ones that have disappeared. Could it be doing this when I use the "DVD Profiler Refresh" or "Import Offline DVD Profiler Videos" options?

I guess if the "Refresh" is causing it, I don't really need to use that option. I tend to use it after I add a few new videos, but since most everything's already in there I could just update those individually. If it's the "Import Offline" option that's causing it, I'm not sure if it's as easy a workaround. Maybe it is and I'm just not thinking about it properly...
Old 08-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Sage Expert

Separate question: When I look at the guide, shows that I have series recordings set up for all show Maui's red series icon for every episode, even if that particular episode is not scheduled to record. This has messed me up a few times because I didn't specifically check the "Schedule" since I saw the record icon on the episode in the guide and thought that meant it would record it.

Does that record icon just mean there's a series for it, regardless of whether or not it will be recorded? Any way to only have this show up if it's going to actually be recorded, so I don't have to check the actual schedule every time I see a show in the guide and wonder whether or not it will record?

Similar thing in the episode details page, except that at least on that page there's a tuner icon to show which tuner it's scheduled to record on. Although I still expect it to record when I look at the details page and see that red record icon staring at me...

Maybe there could be a "series" icon that tells you you have a series set up, separate from the "record" icon telling you that it's going to record?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
The screenshot is from my development computer. I change things around and experiment so often that I don't bother installing all that stuff. You should see the mishmash of various half-baked main menu icons that I've been playing around with. What a mess!
Ahh...must be nice having a development PC. Maybe one of these days, I'll throw one together for that reason...
Old 08-22-2006, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Does that record icon just mean there's a series for it, regardless of whether or not it will be recorded?
Yep, this is how it was intended

Quote:
Maybe there could be a "series" icon that tells you you have a series set up, separate from the "record" icon telling you that it's going to record?
Ok you talked me into it, I sometimes get confused too ... Looks like some more work for the icon wizard, provided the twins will ever leave him some free time ...

Dirk
Old 08-22-2006, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I guess if the "Refresh" is causing it, I don't really need to use that option. I tend to use it after I add a few new videos, but since most everything's already in there I could just update those individually. If it's the "Import Offline" option that's causing it, I'm not sure if it's as easy a workaround. Maybe it is and I'm just not thinking about it properly...
As I said, don't worry about it any more, it'll be fixed in the next version ...

Dirk
Old 08-22-2006, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
If I remember right this is waiting for a return from the SageTV Stop or Pause command. Depending on the decoder/video drivers/renderer this can sometimes take awhile. My memory could be foggy though.
Yep, I checked, and it has to wait until the Pause() command returns. Not sure if this can take that long, but I could provide a debug build which logs the duration of the call if someone who experiences this issue would like to try ...

Dirk
Old 08-22-2006, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija
flachbar,

Thx for your response on the groups. I actually was able to make a group and add a video to it pursuant to your instructions but I'm not sure if its gonna work for me as i have about 300 archived TV Shows and I'd need to be able to make subgroups to organize them better if I was going to use it. Is that possible or does it make things too complicated?
Subgroups would really complicate the whole thing dramatically ... Can't you organize your videos in folders and use the File System view for that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija
I have another question about the "Other Programs" items. I got this set up but can't seem to get it to work properly. I'm attempting to launch my webbrowser from the Other Programs items but upon launching it, the sage screensaver comes up but the browser doesn't. When I exit out of Sage, the browser is open behind it. I know this isn't normal but I'm wondering if its a consequense of me running in VMR9 FSE mode. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Not sure, but this looks like a FSE mode issue to me. Maybe someone else can chime in here ...

Dirk
Old 08-22-2006, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
I have a question regarding "other programs"

I am running an SNES emulator through the other programs. My sage system has no keyboard and no mouse. If I execute the emulator, play games and such it is fine. When I quit the emulator, sage stays minimized and I just get my desktop.

Natrually with no keyboard and no mouse, this is frustrating. Anyway to get sage to automatically return to focus and maximize again?
Once Sage is minimized to the system tray, there is no way that it could maximize itself again ... But if your emulator will work even if Sage is still full screen, then enabling the setting "Screensaver on sleep" (Detailed Setup/General) could be an option for you ...

Dirk
Old 08-22-2006, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok you talked me into it, I sometimes get confused too ... Looks like some more work for the icon wizard, provided the twins will ever leave him some free time ...
I should be able to whip something up. I have glassy icon generation fairly streamlined now, so it shouldn't take too long. Just give me the naming convention and any suggestions on how you want it to look and I should be able to have something in a few days.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Isn't that the way it works now? I thought I see both the 'record' icon and 'series' icon if the show is in a series and is recording (maybe I am just dreaming that). Is the confusion just that they are both red and look similar from 2 feet away?

Quote:
Not sure, but this looks like a FSE mode issue to me. Maybe someone else can chime in here ...
I would think that yes it is. Some info about Sage and FSE can be found here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...light=FSE+mode , as well as some other threads on here.

Last edited by kricker; 08-22-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
As I said, don't worry about it any more, it'll be fixed in the next version ...

Dirk
Okay, fine, you win! But I'm still gonna find something to worry about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinMaui
I should be able to whip something up. I have glassy icon generation fairly streamlined now, so it shouldn't take too long. Just give me the naming convention and any suggestions on how you want it to look and I should be able to have something in a few days.

Aloha,
Mike
Umm... just make it look awesome! Actually, something not red would probably be good. Maybe it could have an "S" or something, for series? I don't know, just make it look awesome like the rest of your icons and we'll all be happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Isn't that the way it works now? I thought I see both the 'record' icon and 'series' icon if the show is in a series and is recording (maybe I am just dreaming that). Is the confusion just that they are both red and look similar from 2 feet away?
On my machine, I only get the "series" icon, regardless of whether or not it's planning to record it. Even on the show details screen, the only difference between one that's going to record and one that's not is the "tuner" icon. But yes, just the fact that it's got a record icon is confusing in itself to me...
Old 08-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Sage Icon

Hello Dirk,

A suggestion, I recently added support in my XMLTV Importer for sound track format and aspect ratio information (like found in Zap2it XMLTV data). I pass on those data into the Misc. information for the show (unfortunately I cannot tie them to a airing instead like for the HDTV property).

Nevertheless on SageMC can be easily added a "Dolby Digital" logo and a "16:9" logo into the program guide (other screens are not needed because the information is already listed).

The only thing to do is to add a new condition for the "Icon" widget in the guide with : StringIndexOf(GetShowMisc(Airing), "dolby digital") != (-1) for Dobly 5.1 and StringIndexOf(GetShowMisc(Airing), "16:9") != (-1) for 16:9 airings (16:9 should not be displayed if the show is HDTV)

I attached a screenshot of what it looks like.

Also a minor annoyance in the guide (see the screenshot) : I do have some long descriptions for shows and the descriptions is bumping off the screen the air date time of the show (whereas everywhere else it doesn't do this). I tried to fix the text "fixed height" but that doesn't work...

Regards,
Stéphane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg STVDD.jpg (28.5 KB, 255 views)
Old 08-22-2006, 08:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
This would be a series show which has been additionally set to record manually ....

Dirk
Old 08-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
This would be a series show which has been additionally set to record manually ....

Dirk
ahhhh at least I know I am not crazy and have seen this combination.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yep, I checked, and it has to wait until the Pause() command returns. Not sure if this can take that long, but I could provide a debug build which logs the duration of the call if someone who experiences this issue would like to try ...

Dirk
What's required? I can try, if you like!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Actually, it's probably best not to specify which properties file. SetProperty() and GetProperty() should be sufficient for most things, and (unless I'm mistaken) will use the "right" properties file.
Ok that's enough... I know I'm off topic but all this talk of properties files is enough to drive a dog crazy! Someone please explain to me if SageMC uses Sagetv.properties sageclient.properties or what? when? how?

* moved to the relevant topic *
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Closed Thread