SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
So this happens on recordings with the same Original Air date, and the sort order is Original Air date ? Well, my guess is that the watched status does affect how the Sage core engine (which performs the sort) returns recordings which are equal according to the sort key... I will have to verify this, but in that case there is not much SageMC can do, it simply calls the SageTV sort API ...

Dirk
I'll test this in the standard stv to see what happens when I get some free time again.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Hi Dirk,

The "-" now appears, but it is not working the way the standard STV does. For instance I tried changing to 4-1 this morning by pressing 4#1(Enter) on the MCE remote. The stations did something but then ended up back on the same channel I was on. In the stock STV this would have changed me to 4-1. Please let me know if I should be changing channels in a different fashion.

TIA

B
I think I found something in the SageMC code which could be related to this problem. Can you try the attached version and let me know if this fixes it ?

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169_chl_fix.zip (406.3 KB, 223 views)
Old 08-17-2006, 03:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Lynn,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
Hi Dirk,

SageMC just keeps getting better, the "polish" it adds to Sage is really great to watch and to use.
Thanks

Quote:
I do have a request that came from a conversation with a friend that now uses Sage but previously had a lot of experience with Replay TV. The behavior of the "Com. Auto Skip" option during playback currently is a set and remember function. A configurable option to have the user choose whether it starts out enabled, not enabled, or last state each time you begin playback of a recording but be turn-off-able during that recording's playback would be useful. That way you could start out using CS or SA generated files to skip commercials but disable (or enable) it, only for the duration of the current recording, should the detection be faulty for that recording. This would be really good for me, where SA does a great job on most of what I watch but only occasionally fails to correctly detect the commercial segments. It wold be nice to have it work without intervention, except for those few problematic recordings.
So you mean that the functionality to enable/disable commercial autoskip in the OSD options menu while playing a video is not sufficient ?

Quote:
Also, are you planning to include the commercial segment marker transparency parameter in the SageMC Options:Colors screen? It is nice not to have to stop Sage to edit the properties file!
You mean the alpha transparency value ? This should already be in there, do you have the latest version (6.9b) ?

Dirk
Old 08-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

So you mean that the functionality to enable/disable commercial autoskip in the OSD options menu while playing a video is not sufficient ?
It is sufficient, but I would prefer to use it in a mode where the selected default mode restores at the end of each recording. Not a big deal certainly but nice to have!
Quote:

You mean the alpha transparency value ? This should already be in there, do you have the latest version (6.9b) ?
I do have 6.9b. There are two properties in the sageclient properties file:
sagemc/commercial_breaks_alpha=xx and
sagemc/watched_bar_alpha=yy
that relate to transparency. On my system I am only seeing the watched_bar setting on the SageMC options:colors page. See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg options.jpg (155.3 KB, 279 views)
Old 08-17-2006, 04:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It is sufficient, but I would prefer to use it in a mode where the selected default mode restores at the end of each recording. Not a big deal certainly but nice to have!
I'll think about it ...

Quote:
I do have 6.9b. There are two properties in the sageclient properties file:
sagemc/commercial_breaks_alpha=xx and
sagemc/watched_bar_alpha=yy
that relate to transparency. On my system I am only seeing the watched_bar setting on the SageMC options:colors page. See attached.
Hmm, this is weird. Sure you scrolled down all the way ? It should be below the watched bar alpha ...

Dirk
Old 08-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi geogecko and something fishy,

I am still a little confused... Do you mean that after hitting stop twice (once to show the 'Stop' dialog, and a second time while in this dialog) it goes back to live TV ? I noticed this sometimes too, and I think the reason is (the STV simply issues a 'Back' command) that for some reason a manu triggering LiveTV seems to be next in the chain. But this should not happen if you disable the setting 'Back On Stop', then it always executes the direct link to the Main Menu. I tried this here several times, and it works as expected.

Or do you means that pressing the "Back" button doesnt work ? If so, from which menu ?

For the issue in the Stop dialog I'll try to find a solution, maybe I can inspect the Sage back history and skip to the next non-LiveTV menu ...

Dirk
Dirk.

No, I haven't been seeing it go from the Stop dialog back to LiveTV. What happens is, no matter what setting that "back on stop" is set to, it never seems to go back to the main menu, from what I can remember... What would happen to me, is I'd exit the show, by hitting stop twice, and then I'd hit back to try and get back out to the main menu, instead of pressing menu, because that's how I used to do it. But, when I hit back, it then goes to LiveTV, like you said.

I will have to experiment with this. It may have something to do with selecting a show while in the menu right after "My TV," versus going "My TV > Recordings" and then selecting a show. I'll let you know later tonight...
Old 08-17-2006, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, since nobody seems to find it (or maybe you all did but thought "nah this is too lame this can't be the easter egg...) I'll let you off the hook ...

SageMC has (and had in the past, but I never knew about this until a few days back) the following functionality: if you are on the TV Subgroup screen (e.g. you selected a title from a recording list sorted by title or grouped which has multiple recordings), and then bring up the 'Program Info' for one recording, you can 'scroll' through the info of all other recordings of this group by using the <skip fwd> and <skip back> buttons. Pretty cool, if you didn't know about it ...

I have now taken this one step further and implemented scrolling through the Program Info for any recording list . So if you perform a search and get a list of recordings as a result, or you bring up the IR suggestions list, or the Movies list, etc. - once you go into the 'Program Info' screen for a recording you can scroll through the detailed info of all other recordings in the base list by using the skip buttons.

I have found myself flipping back and forth constantly between Program Info and recording list when looking at Movies or Suggestions, and now being able to remain on the Info screen and just scroll through the list is pretty neat in my opinion ... Just note that if you select a recording from a group, it will only go through the other members of that group (you can still scroll through the whole list if you select an item in the base list which only has a single entry).

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 08-17-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, that's awesome. Never knew about it. We frequently look at the descriptions of the many shows of a program that has recorded, and look for one that looks good to watch at that particular moment. This will speed things up, instead of having to go into each detail, because sometimes the description gets cut off on the non detail page.

Nice.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

oops

Now I see it, sorry I didn't look more carefully and thanks for the help.

Lynn
Old 08-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have now taken this one step further and implemented scrolling through the Program Info for any recording list . So if you perform a search and get a list of recordings as a result, or you bring up the IR suggestions list, or the Movies list, etc. - once you go into the 'Program Info' screen for a recording you can scroll through the detailed info of all other recordings in the base list by using the skip buttons.
Dirk
I never would have found this. How cool is that though. I'll probably use it every day now!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
I never would have found this. How cool is that though. I'll probably use it every day now!
ditto
Old 08-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk.

Okay, I figured it out. With "Back on Stop" diabled, when I hit stop x 2, it does go to the main menu, as it's supposed to. However, if I hit stop, and delete the show, then it is going to the previously viewed menu.

I'm not sure how others feel about it, but it might be nice to tie A) Stop x 2 with B) Stop & Delete (or other fuction in that menu), together, so that no matter what, you always either get back to the main menu, or you get back instead.

Does that make since?

So, in my case, I'd want to see the main menu, after deleting something, not be back one menu.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think I found something in the SageMC code which could be related to this problem. Can you try the attached version and let me know if this fixes it ?

Dirk
Hi Dirk,

I am not going to be home until Aug 26. I will try at that point.

Thanks again for the help.

B
Old 08-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Ok, since nobody seems to find it (or maybe you all did but thought "nah this is too lame this can't be the easter egg...) I'll let you off the hook ...
Dirk
Ahh, like Tivo - although they use the ch+/- buttons to scroll through programs. Very handy, especially when you want to find a specific episode of a show you have multiple episodes of...
Old 08-18-2006, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Dirk.

Okay, I figured it out. With "Back on Stop" diabled, when I hit stop x 2, it does go to the main menu, as it's supposed to. However, if I hit stop, and delete the show, then it is going to the previously viewed menu.
Hmm, are you sure about that ? I just checked the code, and in the deletion case there is actually no "back" processing at all. It is hardcoded to always go to the "Recorded TV" screen if the deleted file was a TV recording, or to the 'My Videos" screen if it was a library file. I thought this behavior made sense, but if you guys think the My TV screen would be better we can talk about it ...

Dirk
Old 08-18-2006, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy
Is there any chance that a switch could be added to stop the back button taking you to video. For example if I finish watching something and lazily press back (when I really mean take me to menu) the last few builds have taken me to live TV.

I can't remember when this started to happen but it hadn't used to be the case (or I wouldn't have developed the bad habit).

Cheers
Eric
Hi Eric,

I think your issue is different than geogecko's since you are talking about pressing the "Back" button ? SageMC does not 'interpret' the back command, it simply passes it on to the Sage core, which goes back to whatever it thinks is the previous called menu. I might be able to skip live TV by doing the back processing on my own and looking at the back history ...

Dirk
Old 08-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Sage Expert

A few more issues...

Dirk-

A few more issues that may need some attention...

1. I still have a wierd 'watched when the watched filter is set' issue as shown in cap #1.
2. A few of the IR suggestions screens and info screens are not formatted correctly as shown in caps 2 & 3.

-Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_1.jpg (106.0 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_2.jpg (51.9 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_3.jpg (98.6 KB, 215 views)
Old 08-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hmm, are you sure about that ? I just checked the code, and in the deletion case there is actually no "back" processing at all. It is hardcoded to always go to the "Recorded TV" screen if the deleted file was a TV recording, or to the 'My Videos" screen if it was a library file. I thought this behavior made sense, but if you guys think the My TV screen would be better we can talk about it ...

Dirk
no no no please no.......I love it how it is. I'd hate it the other way.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Dirk-

A few more issues that may need some attention...

1. I still have a wierd 'watched when the watched filter is set' issue as shown in cap #1.
Yeah, I noticed it was in more than one place, and I missed the RecordedTV screen. Will get fixed in the next update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
2. A few of the IR suggestions screens and info screens are not formatted correctly as shown in caps 2 & 3.
-Jason
Very weird, never saw this on my machine (see attached screenshot). What are your 'Left Menu Width' / 'Right Pane Width' ? Mine are set to 0.26 / 0.71, but this should affect all menu screens, so I have no idea why you are seeing it only on certain menus ...

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deletenext.jpg (69.6 KB, 210 views)
Old 08-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

I also noticed that on the guide by channel the header is messed up.
Closed Thread