SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
so where does HD channel tuning happen in the default STV ? I do not have HD channels (nor do I know about channel tuning in general), and in order to find out why this functionality is missing in SageMC I need to locate the corresponding code in the default STV ...
For what you are looking for, it is pretty much where I mentioned above -- under the Numbers listeners on various screens.

I just realized that it may use some other variable than "NumericEntry", as listed in my above post. You can probably just search for "-" (including quotes). That will find other dashes, but it should find all the listeners, including those for the guide & playback screens.

There really isn't anything special done to change to any HD channels -- it just uses ChannelSet(), like any other channel number.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4

There really isn't anything special done to change to any HD channels -- it just uses ChannelSet(), like any other channel number.
Arghh, I must have sounded pretty stupid ... I thought he meant something like 'fine' tuning of channel frequencies, and not simple channel changing ... . Thanks Andy, with this info I should be able to find the corresponding code

Dirk
Old 08-14-2006, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Do you mean pound sign, or asterisk? On the 45 button Hauppauge remote, the asterisk (labeled 'Text') is mapped to the newer Dash command & that is included as part of the channel entry process in the STV. But, the only thing the default STV is doing to handle the Dash is to remove it from the string when checking to see if a max-length channnel number has been entered. Search for "Size(java_lang_String_replaceAll(NumericEntry, "-", ""))", or some part of that string, anyway. It will be under various Numbers listeners.

- Andy
I am sorry, I should have specified. I am using the MCE remote, and it is the "#" key that adds the "-" to the channel changing for HD channels.

Thanks,

B
Old 08-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Does this happen on the MVP ?

Dirk
Mine is on the server. Is there a setting I may have messed up to disable it?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
Mine is on the server. Is there a setting I may have messed up to disable it?
No, there is no setting which would do that. Can you try the version I attached in my previous post too and see if this solves it ?

Thanks,

Dirk
Old 08-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Added time bar to additional info

Up to now, on the 'Program Info' screen the 'Info' button brought up an additional info including the extra airing details and the external Show ID of the program. I added the graphical display of the time bar (similar to the one in the OSD menu) so that you can easily check the commercial skip / watched status without having to actually play the recording
I am particularly eager to see this but I can't! I have looked at settings and properties but I don't see any that would explain why I do not see this new feature. Is it, perhaps, related to the recordings screen style or???

Any clues as to why this isn't showing up would be greatly appreciated.

See attached for config and example of what I am seeing.

Thanks,
Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg config.jpg (56.0 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (247.5 KB, 220 views)
Old 08-14-2006, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
I am particularly eager to see this but I can't! I have looked at settings and properties but I don't see any that would explain why I do not see this new feature. Is it, perhaps, related to the recordings screen style or???

Any clues as to why this isn't showing up would be greatly appreciated.

See attached for config and example of what I am seeing.

Thanks,
Lynn
Hi Lynn,

no there are no separate configuration settings for this feature, it should simply work when you press the "Info" button on the remote. Did you try the keyboard (ctrl-i, or whatever key you have assigned in the SageTV 'Commands' setup) ?

Dirk
Old 08-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Duh!

My error. I just never have used the ""Info" button before so I missed that that was the key and had expected the time bar to be there all the time. Thanks for straightening me out Dirk.

Lynn
Old 08-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can you try the attached version ?

DirK

Dirk, the Options command now works with verions b...
Thanks,
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Sage Expert

Awesome update!! You've been hard at work... A few questions:

Quote:
Oh indeed, I completely forgot to mention that kricker pointed out some changes which make the button graphics of certain menus much cleaner ... Thanks again

Dirk
1. I'm confused. Does this mean that the icons that come with your zip are krickers? Or are the changes you're talking about within the .stv? If I want to use Maui's graphics and icons, should I not install the icons in your zip and just install the .xml?

2. I like the option to show the timebar in the show details page. However, is there a way to "set it" so you don't have to hit Info each time? If I close Sage and restart, it is defaulting back to not showing it and I have to hit Info again, unlike in the Recordings page where Info will toggle the timebars, but they'll stay enabled if I have them enabled in the settings. In addition, could we include the timebars in the "My TV" page next version since we now have it in Recordings and individual show pages? It doesn't seem to be applied there...

3. Commercial Skip. I may have this wrong, but I've always assumed that the "Commercial Skip" settings within the Sage "Settings" page don't have anything to do with the way SageMC works. That is to say, I set up SA or CS on my own outside of SageMC (manually or using DirMon) to create the .txt or .edl files, and then SageMC will grab them if Commercial Skip is enabled in the Options menu when I'm watching a show. Is this still the case, or do the Commercial Skip "settings" do something now? (I got this from your post above about the delay times, which I assume you mean are modified in these settings?) If they *do* do something, I'm not sure I know what to do with the "Background Commercial Processing." Do I need to hook it in somehow to my install of CS or SA? Are these settings only good for NTSC/PAL, or do they also impact ATSC (HD)?

Thanks!

Last edited by popechild; 08-14-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Dirk, the Options command now works with verions b...
Thanks,
JUC
Works for me too. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Sage Icon

Cool, never knew about the timebar "info" thing on the program details. That's a nice feature, especially if you want to check if the commercial detection has been done for a file.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
1. I'm confused. Does this mean that the icons that come with your zip are krickers? Or are the changes you're talking about within the .stv? If I want to use Maui's graphics and icons, should I not install the icons in your zip and just install the .xml?
Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more clear: this version does not contain any new graphics, I simply reassigned some of the existing button graphics to certain OSD menus based on krickers suggestions.

Quote:
2. I like the option to show the timebar in the show details page. However, is there a way to "set it" so you don't have to hit Info each time? If I close Sage and restart, it is defaulting back to not showing it and I have to hit Info again, unlike in the Recordings page where Info will toggle the timebars, but they'll stay enabled if I have them enabled in the settings. In addition, could we include the timebars in the "My TV" page next version since we now have it in Recordings and individual show pages? It doesn't seem to be applied there...
Both has been added to 6.9b

Quote:
3. Commercial Skip. I may have this wrong, but I've always assumed that the "Commercial Skip" settings within the Sage "Settings" page don't have anything to do with the way SageMC works. That is to say, I set up SA or CS on my own outside of SageMC (manually or using DirMon) to create the .txt or .edl files, and then SageMC will grab them if Commercial Skip is enabled in the Options menu when I'm watching a show. Is this still the case, or do the Commercial Skip "settings" do something now? (I got this from your post above about the delay times, which I assume you mean are modified in these settings?) If they *do* do something, I'm not sure I know what to do with the "Background Commercial Processing." Do I need to hook it in somehow to my install of CS or SA? Are these settings only good for NTSC/PAL, or do they also impact ATSC (HD)?

Thanks!
Well, the 'Background Commercial Processing' setting is supposed to schedule and run comskip from within SageMC. I have never looked at that code in detail and dont know if it works, but if you have set up Dirmon this setting is definetly irrelevant. The other three settings are used in SageMC for the skipping process:

- start delay will show a certain amount of the detected commercial beginning
- stop delay will show a certain amount of the detected commercial end

Similar settings are available in SA during detection, but there it only works for .txt files, the settings in SageMC will also work for edl

- broadcast type is needed for .txt files to calculate the commercial times based on the frame rate (25 / 29.97). If you use edl, this setting has no effect.

Hope this helps,

Dirk
Old 08-14-2006, 09:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I am sorry, I should have specified. I am using the MCE remote, and it is the "#" key that adds the "-" to the channel changing for HD channels.

Thanks,

B
I added the corresponding code from the default STV for "-" handling in SageMC 6.9b. Give it a try and let me know if it works now ...

Dirk
Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Updated version 6.9b available

Due to the problems some folks had with the OSD options menu, I uploaded a new version with a few changes/fixes:

- fixed issue with OSD options menu
- added default STV code to handle "-" when tuning channels
- made 'Additional Info' setting sticky
- watched bars can now also be displayed on the My TV menu

And, as a hidden gem, I extended certain functionality of SageMC (which I didn't even know about until today when I stumbled upon the corresponding code, but others may may have used it already...). In fact, I personally think that this is one of the most useful features I added to SageMC - ok, others may disagree ...

And to be mean, I won't mention what it is for now, let's see if anyone is able to discover it ...

Dirk
Old 08-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Sage User

Wow, its hard to believe SageMC has come this far! Each new build brings great improvements that I never even knew I wanted, but always so happy to have!

One request I'd like to throw in that I think may be easy to replicate.. the way the My Music thumbnail view brings up a popup on the right edge with a rolodex type of navigation (alpha) to skip to the start of a certain letter in the title. Could this be added to the My videos thumbnail view as well? This would certainly speed up navigation if you have many vids. Perhaps much of the same code could be used as well.

Thank you for the builds!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlar
Wow, its hard to believe SageMC has come this far! Each new build brings great improvements that I never even knew I wanted, but always so happy to have!

One request I'd like to throw in that I think may be easy to replicate.. the way the My Music thumbnail view brings up a popup on the right edge with a rolodex type of navigation (alpha) to skip to the start of a certain letter in the title. Could this be added to the My videos thumbnail view as well? This would certainly speed up navigation if you have many vids. Perhaps much of the same code could be used as well.

Thank you for the builds!
Try hitting "right" when you're on the right side of a screen in My Videos. Bingo! I believe this was added 1 or 2 revs ago.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I can enable .my file generation, but I can not enable cleanup of orphaned .my files.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
And to be mean, I won't mention what it is for now, let's see if anyone is able to discover it
Shuffle in My Music? I don't remember seeing that recently? Easter Eggs drive me crazy!
Old 08-15-2006, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
I can enable .my file generation, but I can not enable cleanup of orphaned .my files.
Yeah sorry, typo in property name ... If you need this feature just re-download the file.

Dirk
Closed Thread