SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Did my graphical tweaks make it in??
Old 08-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

Hello Dirk,

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar

EDL Comskip support

I updated/cleaned up the existing comskip code and added support for using .edl files instead of .txt files. SageMC will automatically detect if an .edl file is present and use it for commercial skipping. If not, the .txt will be used as usual, so no configuration or conversion of existing .txt files necessary. I also added the start/stop delay (available in the Comskip options page) which will work for both .edl and .txt files. Thanks to sundansx for the STVi code, and toricred for motivating me to finally attack this stuff.
I don't know if you have noticed but in previous Comskip implementation there was an error about padding and I made a correction for this. Basically the "start" padding was taken into account so as the commercial that starts before the padding in "truncated" to the start of the program, but the length of the commercial was not taking into account the padding : as a result the commercial is displayed as if it is longer than it should be (in fact the commercial block is just "shifted" to the program start).

The correction is easy, for any widht set for commercial block you should use this : =Max(0,Min(1.0,(GetElement(commercials,num+1) - Max(GetElement(commercials,num),GetAiringStartTime(GetCurrentMediaFile())))*1.0/GetAiringDuration(GetCurrentMediaFile())))

The key here is Max(GetElement(commercials,num),GetAiringStartTime(GetCurrentMediaFile())), it select the max between the program start or the commercial start, effectively reducing the length of the block.

I've also made another enhancment : Right and Left key used to respectively to skip forward the commercial block and skip backward the commercial block (so it is the same as Custom4 and Custom5 command but without needing another remote mapping as left and right key are not used in the player). I just copied over the exact same STV code to replace the "PassiveListener" used for Left / Right.

Don't know if you can make it through the next version, I think it's a nice addition.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM
I've also made another enhancment : Right and Left key used to respectively to skip forward the commercial block and skip backward the commercial block (so it is the same as Custom4 and Custom5 command but without needing another remote mapping as left and right key are not used in the player). I just copied over the exact same STV code to replace the "PassiveListener" used for Left / Right
I too would appreciate this. I am not an ardent user of comskip due to the misdetection of files. I am still learning to use it. I would like to be able to use it on a manual basis like indicated above.

TIA

B
Old 08-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Sage Icon

The Options key no longer seems to work while playing a video. Is it just me?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've also made another enhancment : Right and Left key used to respectively to skip forward the commercial block and skip backward the commercial block (so it is the same as Custom4 and Custom5 command but without needing another remote mapping as left and right key are not used in the player). I just copied over the exact same STV code to replace the "PassiveListener" used for Left / Right.
I like this idea too!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
It's just you! It appears to work for me, the one that lets you change aspect ratios and auto com skip and what not?

What imports do you have? I've got WebRadio, MovieTimes, and WebServer on my system.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I like this idea too!
I attached the XML I'm using with these modifications (Left/Right for skipping and correction for commercial block), this is otherwise the 6.8 version.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169_6.8(StephaneM).zip (408.2 KB, 184 views)
Old 08-13-2006, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hello Dirk,

I don't know if you have noticed but in previous Comskip implementation there was an error about padding and I made a correction for this.
Hi Stephane,

never noticed this, but now that you point it out I remember these odd breaks at the beginning of files ... I just tried your changes, and I found a recorded file where the incorrect break at the beginning is indeed gone. It seems that the break (which is completely inside of the padding) now doesn't show up at all any more, but I guess this really doesnt matter at all. Thanks a lot for pointing this out !

Quote:
Awesome idea, never thought about that the left/right listeners are not used at all, they are just the perfect choice for this function !

Quote:
Don't know if you can make it through the next version, I think it's a nice addition.
I think too, and everyone can get this by re-downloading 6.9a ...

Dirk
Old 08-13-2006, 09:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Did my graphical tweaks make it in??
Oh indeed, I completely forgot to mention that kricker pointed out some changes which make the button graphics of certain menus much cleaner ... Thanks again

Dirk
Old 08-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Sage User

I am afraid I was not very clear. I don't mean that I want to record the same show from multiple channels, but I do want to set it up to recod from one channel of my choice. Right now it is not giving me all the choices that I know are available. I want it to record Monday Night Countdown on ESPN-HD not ESPN. But it is only giving me the option of ESPN and any. In the old STV you could restrict it to record from the channel of your choice. Any help?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred

Same here and this is running with no plugins...
JUC

-i haven't upgrared since 6.3 but i really like the changes!! Thanks
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-14-2006, 04:29 AM
Sage User

Well I upgraded to 6.9a and the channel selection functionality for favorites came back. No worries!

On another subject, I would like to request a feature for the music section. It would be great if you could add an "add to que" button for the genre section. I love the fact that you can send the entire catalog of mustiple artists to the que, this would be the same thing but for genre. Right now you can really only listen to one genre at a time. This is a function that J River offers that, for me, would really complete the SageMC music section. That and maybe a "Now Playing" screen with larger album artwork and track info.

Thanks for the great STV. Really makes Sage more functional and enjoyable to use.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Same here and this is running with no plugins...
JUC

-i haven't upgrared since 6.3 but i really like the changes!! Thanks
Does this happen on the MVP ?

Dirk
Old 08-14-2006, 06:07 AM
Sage Icon

yes--so far I've only checked the MVP.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 08-14-2006, 06:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
yes--so far I've only checked the MVP.
JUC
Can you try the attached version ?

DirK
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169_6_9b.zip (428.5 KB, 166 views)
Old 08-14-2006, 06:50 AM
SageTVaholic

How do you tune HD?

In the stock stv you press the major number pound sign minor to tune HD channels. This does not seem to work in 6.9a, 6.9, or 6.8. I just started using this stv with 6.8.

TIA

B
Old 08-14-2006, 06:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
In the stock stv you press the major number pound sign minor to tune HD channels. This does not seem to work in 6.9a, 6.9, or 6.8. I just started using this stv with 6.8.

TIA

B
On which screen in the default STV can I find this functionality ?

Dirk
Old 08-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Do you mean pound sign, or asterisk? On the 45 button Hauppauge remote, the asterisk (labeled 'Text') is mapped to the newer Dash command & that is included as part of the channel entry process in the STV. But, the only thing the default STV is doing to handle the Dash is to remove it from the string when checking to see if a max-length channnel number has been entered. Search for "Size(java_lang_String_replaceAll(NumericEntry, "-", ""))", or some part of that string, anyway. It will be under various Numbers listeners.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Do you mean pound sign, or asterisk? On the 45 button Hauppauge remote, the asterisk (labeled 'Text') is mapped to the newer Dash command & that is included as part of the channel entry process in the STV. B
Hi Andy,

so where does HD channel tuning happen in the default STV ? I do not have HD channels (nor do I know about channel tuning in general), and in order to find out why this functionality is missing in SageMC I need to locate the corresponding code in the default STV ...

Thanks,

Dirk
Old 08-14-2006, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Can you try the attached version ?

DirK

Can't until tonight--but if noone replies by then I will let you know.
Thanks,
JUC

Closed Thread