SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Anyone have any ideas about this? I tried remapping "Custom5" instead but none of the shortcuts seem to working when I assign them in the menu options.
I guess I'm talking to myself here but has anyone been able to get custom shortcuts to work?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I guess I'm talking to myself here but has anyone been able to get custom shortcuts to work?
It's not real clear to me what you are trying to do, or I'd try to help.

btl.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
It's not real clear to me what you are trying to do, or I'd try to help.
I have a menu item that launches a sub-menu that I created. I go into the menu options for the menu item and select a "shortcut" for it. I have tried both "Music Jukebox" and "Custom5". In both cases the sub-menu is not launched when I issue the shortcut/command. I have made sure that the menu file is saved and that the shortcut is still associated with the menu item but it is not working for some reason.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

I think SageMC has all the keys mapped already - so chances are the short cuts you are defining (in the dynamic menu) aren't gettng called because the default SageMC function is getting used.

Someone who knows what all the buttons do might be able to help you out more.....

btl.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Multi-Function Stop?

Ok... I must be missing something...

I enabled "allow partial recordings". I bought a PPV event... of course in the guide it is a 4 hour event called PPV. I manually started the recording when the show began. At the end of the show, I tried to hit stop and just have it keep the 1.5 hours I wanted. I could get out of it, but it kept recording anyway. I eventually hit cancel recording, but then it deleted it.

I see in Nielm's multi-function stop addon for the standard STV, it has an option that lists "stop and keep partial recording". How do I get that on SageMC? I assume I just haven't found it yet.

Also, can you do a timed recording within SageMC? I was told it exists in the standard STV. In SageMC, could I have told it to record PPV channel 110 from 7pm to 8:30pm? That is the better option.

thanks
Old 03-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I think SageMC has all the keys mapped already - so chances are the short cuts you are defining (in the dynamic menu) aren't gettng called because the default SageMC function is getting used.
Ok, thanks. That's what it looked like in the STV but it seemed strange that they couldn't be remapped. I will modify the STV directly.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've been having a lot more instances of garbled characters and text on my MC menu's. Pretty sure most of my stuff is up to date with fairly recent versions. On start up things are fine. After watching tv for a while, and returning to menus, they're illegible. Large white illegible text. Exit sage, restart....repeat.

Starting to drive me crazy. Any ideas on how to fix?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by akenis View Post
I've been having a lot more instances of garbled characters and text on my MC menu's. Pretty sure most of my stuff is up to date with fairly recent versions. On start up things are fine. After watching tv for a while, and returning to menus, they're illegible. Large white illegible text. Exit sage, restart....repeat.

Starting to drive me crazy. Any ideas on how to fix?
I don't have any ideas other than to enable debug logging (see flachbar's signature for a link to instructions) and look for any errors.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

edit: moved to sage tv thread. Problems seem to start with just the service running:

Update: Just uninstalled some older java (directories where still there), reinstalled sage MC base, and latest build. Probably worse now.

On certain videos (seems to be CBS OTA from HDHR) the video stalls or stops intermittantly for 5-30 seconds, and the computer seems to lock up. When returning back to the menus, it's a black background now, with all the garbled text and images.

Interesting way I found to temp fix: If I do a control/alt/del to bring up task manager, then the MC menu's instantly return to normal.

Will try using standard stv for a while, but pretty sure it's mc.

edit:

Troubleshooting: I have service running on this machine. I deleted my sage_client.properites file, thinking there might be a problem there. As soon as I restarted the service a log file is generated in sage directory:

2008-03-28 23:58:39.453 INFO loadXML from C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageTV3.xml
2008-03-28 23:58:39.953 FINE loadXML count = 41062
2008-03-28 23:58:39.953 FINE loadXML depth = 193
2008-03-28 23:58:39.953 FINE loadXML anon = 37321
2008-03-28 23:58:39.953 FINE loadXML sym = 282
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:ConfigWizButton
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:Header
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:LargeFont
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:Italicized
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:InfoRightPanelTheme
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:CWizMenuItemTheme
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:CWizMenuItemTheme
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:NonCenteredTextTheme
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:SubTitleTheme
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:OrangeText
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:NumberPadKeyTheme
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:ARAdjust
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:ItalicsTheme
2008-03-28 23:58:40.500 WARNING symbolMap duplicate Theme:Untitled

This happens even before I start up the client.

Andrew

Last edited by akenis; 03-29-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Move to Sage Thread
Old 03-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Sage User

still problem with excludes

Ok, I got the excluding part working, but now even the folders I want included are not showing up on My Videos.

I have two shares in my watch folders
\\Server1\Movies\Parents
\\Server2\Movies\Movies

For the relevant menu items, I have these two definitions. To make things easier on myself I removed to Parents share from the Sage Import folders. Just trying to get things right so that kids movies only show in kids movies folder and not in the Parents one.
Code:

<!--  Kids Videos  -->
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Kids Movies">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\Server1\\Movies\\Parents")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>

<!-- Parents videos -->
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Parents Movies">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\Server2\\Movies\\Movies")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
The problem is that with this config I see all kids movies in both menus. The filters doesn't seem to be working at all.

I'm basing this on examples in this thread. They're just not working for me. I'm making all changes in sagemc_menu.xml.

Last edited by Sendero; 03-29-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Sage Expert

I think the problem is that the DB in sage does not include the import path in the title, only the directory/filename under the import directory.

Try changing your PathFilterExprs to just Movies and not \\Server2\Movies\Movies....
Old 03-30-2008, 08:20 AM
SageTVaholic

SageMC Music "by song" Bug

In SageMC's music browser If I browse by song, my first four "songs" listed are always the FM hauppague tuners as follows:
hauppauge Wintv PVR USB2 Encoder FM Radio
hauppauge Wintv PVR PCI II Encoder FM Radio
hauppauge Wintv PVR USB2 Encoder FM Radio
hauppauge Wintv PVR PCI II Encoder FM Radio

This seems like a bug in SageMC unless I'm doing something wrong. I don't see this in the default STV. Here's a pic

Anyone else seen this? Is there a way to avoid having these listed in the music list?

Last edited by Brent; 03-30-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

SageMC DVD Profiler Import problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I recently am having some issues with SageMC's Videos section.
2. None of my new movies seem to be getting picked up from the DVDProfiler xml file.

Anyone have any ideas? I have the netflix plugin, google calendar plugin, videotools plugin and video edit plugin installed and am using the latest version of SageTV and SageMC.

Thanks,
Is there a log where I could troubleshoot SageMC not finding my new movies in the collection.xml file? I just checked to be sure the movie was listed in the collection.xml file and it is, and I have the correct path for the collection file listed in SageMC settings (nothing has changed there and it was working until just about a week ago)

any ideas?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Did the export out of DVD Profiler export to the correct place? I noticed when I did my export for whatever reason the directory I always used and was picked by default wasn't. It had defaulted a couple of directories up. Luckily I caught it the second time around and now I have to pick the directory every time because it's always on the wrong one by default.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Did the export out of DVD Profiler export to the correct place? I noticed when I did my export for whatever reason the directory I always used and was picked by default wasn't. It had defaulted a couple of directories up. Luckily I caught it the second time around and now I have to pick the directory every time because it's always on the wrong one by default.

Gerry
Hi Gerry,
Yes actually I've exported the xml file from DVD Profiler a few extra times just to be certain and it is going to the correct directory. Then I checked the path in SageMC settings and it is the proper directory as well. I even opened up the xml file to be sure the movies added were in the xml file which they were.

Just not sure how to troubleshoot beyond what I've done.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

That's a strange one.
I know you use SageMC but depending on what you use you could have three settings in your Sageclient.properties file.

mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=
sagemc/DVDProfiler_Root=
stanger89/ImageRoot=

They should all refer to the same path. Other than that you have me stumped on that one. Maybe double check you have the latest DVDPro2Sage class file or the various SageMC jar. I'm pretty sure there's no log file to check.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's a strange one.
I know you use SageMC but depending on what you use you could have three settings in your Sageclient.properties file.

mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=
sagemc/DVDProfiler_Root=
stanger89/ImageRoot=

They should all refer to the same path. Other than that you have me stumped on that one. Maybe double check you have the latest DVDPro2Sage class file or the various SageMC jar. I'm pretty sure there's no log file to check.

Gerry
Hmm. Here's what I'm seeing in the Sageclient.properties file:

Quote:
mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=\\\\Livingroom\\SkyPC My Documents\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default
Quote:
sagemc/DVDProfiler_Root=\\\\livingroom\\skypc my documents\\dvd profiler\\databases\\Default
Should there be the four slashes "\\\\" before the path?

I don't have the
Quote:
stanger89/ImageRoot=
in Sageclient.properties file

Last edited by Brent; 03-30-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Should there be the four slashes "\\\\" before the path?
Yes-for a UNC path. I run DVDProfiler on a local Sage client so mine is:
sagemc/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Documents and Settings\\Gerry\\My Documents\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default

Quote:
I don't have the in Sageclient.properties file
And you shouldn't- unless you use stanger's IVL 9.0 plugin for the default STV.

The other path to check is:
mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\Collection.xml
sagemc/meta_data_collection_xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\Collection.xml

As you can see I run it from a PC client and have DVDProfiler installed on that client. Same client I do all my video editing from also. Just easier that way.

Gerry
Old 03-30-2008, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The other path to check is:
mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\Collection.xml
sagemc/meta_data_collection_xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\Collection.xml
For that one I see
Quote:
sagemc/meta_data_collection_xml=\\\\Livingroom\\SkyPC My Documents\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default\\Collection.xml
I don't get it. All of the paths look okay. I think I'm going to try to do a refresh while not in service mode to see if that makes a difference. It's driving me nuttier than I already am .........
Old 03-30-2008, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Bug in SageMC DVD Profiler Import

Quote:
Is there a log where I could troubleshoot SageMC not finding my new movies in the collection.xml file? I just checked to be sure the movie was listed in the collection.xml file and it is, and I have the correct path for the collection file listed in SageMC settings (nothing has changed there and it was working until just about a week ago)
I've figured this problem out!!!

Tried so many different things that didn't work, but thought about what might have changed when this import stopped working. The answer?
When the latest version of SageTV stopped requiring that DVDs have the video_ts folder I stopped adding a video_ts folder. I just added that folder for two of the non-working imports and it worked! finally.

So mark this down as a bug and a fix-request. Stop requiring the video_ts folder for dvdprofiler imports to work in SageMC.

Thanks for your working with me on this Gerry - I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Brent; 03-30-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Closed Thread