SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero View Post
I have my new filtered videos menu item setup but I can't see how I edit the existing My Video menu to filter out the ones that I don't want it to show. When I tried to paste in a menu defnition XML for it I just ended up with two.

OK, I went ahead and deleted the existing "My Video" menu and then recreated it. Unfortunately, things are not working for filtering.

Here is the definition for My Videos
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" 

"http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" 

title="My Videos">
        <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr","\\\\Server\\Movies$")</evalExpression>
        <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
    </internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>
and here is the defnition for my "testing" menu

Code:

"http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem icon="C:\Program 

Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\Default\album_empty.png" pinCode="1111" 

screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Testing">
        <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr","\\\\Server\\Movies$")</evalExpression>
        <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", False)</evalExpression>
</sageMenu>
But the current behavior is that all videos show up in both menu items. I want the videos only in the 'testing' folder. I currently only have that one import directory for my testing purposes. It only has 2 DVDs in it.

Is the problem with the $ in the path? I tried \$ and \\$ with no luck.

Last edited by Sendero; 03-21-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am sure this has been asked and answered several time now but regarding imdb lookups (Video library), obviously the image is saved to the HDD but the other (I think I have seen it called meta data) seems to be stored in a much more "volatile" location. Is there some why to store this so that if a file is moved to another location (but still in an imported directory) this information travels with the file?

Also ,with regard to this imdb lookup information, is there some way to get MPAA ratings that would be used for the parental controls feature.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:11 AM
Sage Expert

You can generate or create ".my" files for the videos, and the info will come from the file instead of from the DB. ".property" files can be used, but you must create them and actual import process reads them and inserts the info into the DB. The only drawback to th property files is that it does not currently work for DVD structures. I had tried "my" files before, but it seems it does not save all of the same information that is displayed from the DB. You can always delete the "my" file if you dont' like it and it will go back to the info in the DB...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
OK, I went ahead and deleted the existing "My Video" menu and then recreated it. Unfortunately, things are not working for filtering.

Here is the definition for My Videos
Code:

<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" 

title="My Videos">
        <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
</sageMenu>
and here is the defnition for my "testing" menu

Code:

<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem icon="C:\Program 

Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\Default\album_empty.png" pinCode="1111" 

screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Testing">
        <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", False)</evalExpression>
</sageMenu>
But the current behavior is that all videos show up in both menu items. I want the videos only in the 'testing' folder. I currently only have that one import directory for my testing purposes. It only has 2 DVDs in it.

Is the problem with the $ in the path? I tried \$ and \\$ with no luck.
I think your problem is that you are including the entire path in the PathFiliterExpression. Usually the defined import path is not part of the video name, only the directory/filename below the defined import path.

Example:

Defined path: \\servername\videopath

with a directory \\servername\videopath\somedirectory

The data int he sage DB contains "somedirectory" not the entire path.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-22-2008, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I recently am having some issues with SageMC's Videos section.

1. The search function never comes up with any results
2. None of my new movies seem to be getting picked up from the DVDProfiler xml file.

Anyone have any ideas? I have the netflix plugin, google calendar plugin, videotools plugin and video edit plugin installed and am using the latest version of SageTV and SageMC.

Thanks,
Old 03-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
I think your problem is that you are including the entire path in the PathFiliterExpression. Usually the defined import path is not part of the video name, only the directory/filename below the defined import path.

Example:

Defined path: \\servername\videopath

with a directory \\servername\videopath\somedirectory

The data int he sage DB contains "somedirectory" not the entire path.

Thanks,
Jeff
Awesome! Thanks Jeff, that was it. I changed it to specify each of the three subdirs in there and now it works great.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks Jeff, that was it. I changed it to specify each of the three subdirs in there and now it works great.
Ok, small problem. This worked great on the PC, but how do I have the same menu customizations apply to the HD Extender?
Old 03-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Sage Expert

If you save the menu from the PC from the options screen... Then from the extender, you can do a load on the menu.xml file from the options screen. I am assuming you are making these changes in the menu.xml file...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-23-2008, 01:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I recently am having some issues with SageMC's Videos section.

1. The search function never comes up with any results
2. None of my new movies seem to be getting picked up from the DVDProfiler xml file.

Anyone have any ideas? I have the netflix plugin, google calendar plugin, videotools plugin and video edit plugin installed and am using the latest version of SageTV and SageMC.

Thanks,
It looks like the Netflix plugin is causing the problems with the search function. So I reimported SageMC and other plugins without the Netflix plugin for now and search is working again. There's a request for Morgan to correct this in future versions of the NetflixMC plugin.

I still can't get any of my newly added movies to find the dvd profiler profiles. Very frustrating so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2008, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Mike / Dirk - question regarding themes. I'm looking for a way to specify a background image that is different for the dynamic MAIN menu, and then any dynamic SUBMENU's that are defined. In the theme.properties file I see only one entry for dynamic menu :

Background/Dynamic_Menu_by_nielm=

and it sets the image for both. Is there a way to do this?

btl.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sage Service

When I turned on Sage Service to auto and restarted computer SageMC loads but no theme is applied.

Has anyone had this happen?

Scat
Old 03-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quick question!

I installed this package yesterday and so far I loving every bit of it..........except for a small nagging problem. After installing this package, I can't use 'skip fwd #2' or 'skip bkwd #2' to advance or go back by 1 day in my guide anymore.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat View Post
When I turned on Sage Service to auto and restarted computer SageMC loads but no theme is applied.

Has anyone had this happen?

Scat
SageTV uses a different properties file when you run a service in the background. You should be able to open up your Sage.properties, copy all the SageMC items (sagemc\...), and paste them into Sageclient.properties to get everything back to how it was.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Stop/Restart not working

I just started having a problem with videos, and wasn't sure if it is an issue with SageMC or the base.

With MKV files, it seems that hitting stop and then selecting "Restart" doesn't work. It jumps to the beginning of the video then immediately returns to where the playback was stopped.

Anyone else see this?
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Hi,

When playing a DVD I want the FF/Rew buttons to skip the times I have defined, like in Live TV.

Instead of this it goes into FF mode, like on a VCR! I have multispeed disabled.

Is there a way to change this in SageMC (it works fine in the default STV)?

TIA,

Nick.
Bump.

Can any of the devs answer this?

TIA,

Nick.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:16 AM
Sage User

MediaMVP skips channels by 10

Not sure if this bug has been addressed. I searched the thread but didn't see anything.

On the MediaMVP, when watching Live TV, if you press the up arrow, the channel increments by 10 instead of 1. Down decrements by 10 instead of 1.

If you're on channel 3, pressing UP will get you channel 13 instead of 4.

The MediaMVP channel changing functions properly on the default STV, but misbehaves when using MediaMC on the MediaMVP.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
Not sure if this bug has been addressed. I searched the thread but didn't see anything.

On the MediaMVP, when watching Live TV, if you press the up arrow, the channel increments by 10 instead of 1. Down decrements by 10 instead of 1.

If you're on channel 3, pressing UP will get you channel 13 instead of 4.

The MediaMVP channel changing functions properly on the default STV, but misbehaves when using MediaMC on the MediaMVP.
It sounds like you have your up/down arrows mapped to up/channel up and down/channel down. Try remapping them to just up and down.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-25-2008, 03:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Restart PC Button?

Like the button that lets you shutdown SageTV etc., is there a way to have a button on the main page that would let you shutdown/restart the PC?

TIA,

Nick.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

Remap Music Jukebox Shortcut?

I am trying to remap the Music Jukebox shortcut to one of my sub-menus. I have edited the correct menu item in the main menu that links to my sub-menu to use the Music Jukebox shortcut but it still goes to the My Music screen when I run this command. Is there something I am missing?
Old 03-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
It sounds like you have your up/down arrows mapped to up/channel up and down/channel down. Try remapping them to just up and down.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks for your reply.
I haven't changed any key mappings for those keys, so if that is the problem, then it still seems like it's an issue in SageMC, since it works properly in the default STV.
If you think it's a key mapping issue, then it's more likely that SageMC is not detecting the differences between the 34 and 45 button remotes.
Closed Thread