SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up

Great release of sagemc!! This is just way to much fun!

Thanks so much for making this happen, great work!

I love the new animations too!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC keyboard shortcuts/commands

I'm working on a "cheatsheet" of keyboard shortcuts as well as commands for SageTV. I know most (if not all) of them are in the PDF manual, but for my own "Monk-like" need for easy documentation I'm making my own, compact version that I'll share once completed. Reason I'm posting here is I wanted to see if there are any specific commands or keyboard shortcuts that are unique to SageMC. Anyone know of any or are they pretty much the same as what you have in the default STV?
Old 02-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage Expert

hidden extras/malore stuff in MC

Can one get the two column display and extra sorting features of the malore menus for the recorded TV shows area inside MC?

I tried turning it on, but seems to only work when using the standard stv.

Thanks very much.

EDIT : Bah, lame searching by me.

Found it here

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...t=20489&page=6

thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)

Last edited by Deacon Crusher; 02-04-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi, I'm a relatively new Sage user and was wondering what all the hoopla was about this SageMC. At this point I'm considering installing it BUT I'll admit it. I'm a little chicken. If I install it and something doesn't work for me, is it easy to revert back to the default STV?

When a new version of Sage comes out does it introduce incompatibilities with SageMC that have to be worked out?
Old 02-05-2008, 08:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Hi, I'm a relatively new Sage user and was wondering what all the hoopla was about this SageMC. At this point I'm considering installing it BUT I'll admit it. I'm a little chicken. If I install it and something doesn't work for me, is it easy to revert back to the default STV?
It's quite easy to revert back. Just load the default SageTV3.xml and that's it.

Here are a few tips for installing SageMC:

1. It is always a good idea to make a full copy of your SageTV directory before doing anything.
2. Download and install the latest release of Java 1.6. (I think it is 1.6.0_4 now)
3. Download and install the full SageMC package (available here), following the directions listed.

Quote:
When a new version of Sage comes out does it introduce incompatibilities with SageMC that have to be worked out?
There usually aren't any incompatibilities, but it can take some time to implement new features that are introduced.

Note also that we should be releasing an update to SageMC pretty soon (in the next week or two). You might want to wait for that if you would rather not deal with updating SageMC right away.

Good Luck!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
When recording a series, is there a way to have the default configuration be to only record first runs for series?

Thanks,

Mitch
I'm also interested in this, actually setting defaults for all of the series settings.
Whole House Wired Cat5E
Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
It's quite easy to revert back. Just load the default SageTV3.xml and that's it.

Here are a few tips for installing SageMC:

1. It is always a good idea to make a full copy of your SageTV directory before doing anything.
2. Download and install the latest release of Java 1.6. (I think it is 1.6.0_4 now)
3. Download and install the full SageMC package (available here), following the directions listed.
\

Is this the latest version? It seems relatively old, 11-17-2006. Are there additional builds that need to be added on top of this?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
\

Is this the latest version? It seems relatively old, 11-17-2006. Are there additional builds that need to be added on top of this?

The post is old but the file you download will only be a week old or a couple week old.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 02-05-2008, 10:20 PM
SageTVaholic

The date listed is from when the first version of the file was initially uploaded.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-06-2008, 03:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The date listed is from when the first version of the file was initially uploaded.
Maybe when Dirk updates the download to the latest version and edits the info to show the new version info, the date of the current release could be added to the description. That would help show that it really is the current version avail and not a 1 year old STV.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Maybe when Dirk updates the download to the latest version and edits the info to show the new version info, the date of the current release could be added to the description. That would help show that it really is the current version avail and not a 1 year old STV.

Good idea...

Dirk
Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

So, is there a way to set defaults for the Series settings?
For example, is there a way to set things up so that recording First Runs instead of "First Runs and Reruns" is the default behavior when recording a series?

Also is there is a list somewhere describing all the icons that are used on the guide and recorded TV list?

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 02-06-2008, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
So, is there a way to set defaults for the Series settings?
For example, is there a way to set things up so that recording First Runs instead of "First Runs and Reruns" is the default behavior when recording a series?
Nope, but I'll check if this can be added...

Quote:
Also is there is a list somewhere describing all the icons that are used on the guide and recorded TV list?
No. But if you have questions on specific icons, I'm sure you'll get help here...

Dirk
Old 02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Sage User

I'm a new convert to Sage, (been with MCE for years), and I just want to say thanks for SageMC !
It is excellent, and turned a terrible default interface (SageTV) into something nice and usable.
SageMC was one of the main reasons I just splashed down my money.
I sure hope they plan to pay you/hire you !
Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Does anyone know the correct settings to make Smooth FF/REW work with the SageTV mpeg-2 decoder? I remember a while back this feature only worked correctly with the sageTV decoder. It seems like all the things I try just makes it skip instead of having old fashion VCR effect.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

Mixed case text entry

How do you do mixed case for text entry (with an extender remote)? I'm trying to rename a menu item and the "Pause" command only seems to toggle between "keyboard" mode which seems to be all upper case and numeric entry mode which only seems to offer lower case? The default STV seems to have both upper case and lower case modes for the numeric text entry.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
How do you do mixed case for text entry (with an extender remote)? I'm trying to rename a menu item and the "Pause" command only seems to toggle between "keyboard" mode which seems to be all upper case and numeric entry mode which only seems to offer lower case? The default STV seems to have both upper case and lower case modes for the numeric text entry.
Hi Craig,

For text entry with a remote, the Guide button toggles caps and the Stop button acts as a backspace. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
For text entry with a remote, the Guide button toggles caps and the Stop button acts as a backspace.
Perfect. Thanks, Mike.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
Quick question. Where is the SageMC IMDB info stored? I am refering to the plot/synopsis. I would like to "share" this info between my server, clients and extenders. The cover art share is working perfectly. The plot info seems to always disappear....

Thanks.
Bump in case this question was over looked.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

I just installed SageMC for the first time and I have to say it's very different than the default STV! I haven't had a lot of time to spend with it but I was struck by the many different options.

I was a little lost manuevering through the menu system and I did get the sense that a back icon would have helped as I use a wireless keyboard/mouse combination and I kept having to hit a back arrow key rather than using my mouse to click on something to go back up the menu hierarchy.

I also miss my Malore two column recording view but I see that there is an STVi for that.

One thing that I don't know how to do is set-up the e-mail parameters. Where do I do that?

Lastly, I reverted back to default just to see if it would be seemless and it was but I was confused as to why I have 6 different SageTV3-#.xml. versions? I saw that SageTV3-6.XML was default for my server but SageTV3-5.xml was default for my HD-1000. What is the difference?
Closed Thread